1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Stash-A-Go-Go

I really ought to be stopped. I mean, sheep are not an endangered species, are they? I thought not. So why do I keep adding to my stash?

I showed you all the Poetry in Stitches kit I got last week. I didn’t show you the buttons I ordered for the cardigan. They are the the same ones used on the sweater in the book.

Yes, they were ridiculously expensive. But they are gorgeous — handmade brass. And of course as soon as I knew they existed, I had to have them.

Lousy photo, but here ya go!

pisbutton Stash A Go Go

What else have I gotten recently? A pile of Cascade 220, from the recent Webs sale. Because I think I feel another aran coming on . . .

cascade220 Stash A Go Go

And let’s not forget the three balls of Opal I got last week — a couple from the Inspiration collection and one “ocean” color.

I ordered a set of Addi Natura dpns with that — never tried them and figured I need more dpns.

And some Louet Elements aran weight lambswool, for a great price, from Elann. Fifteen skeins of it, to be exact.

louet Stash A Go Go

And a Dale of Norway baby book and pink Baby Ull to knit a little lace sweater for a baby that’s due in August — that should arrive in the next day or so.

Oh, and here’s something else I never . . . uh . . . mentioned. The kit for Jade Starmore’s Adult
Beadwork
from Virtualyarns.com. The color is Rock Dove.

This brings me to a dilemma. I need to quit my job in order to find the time to knit all this. But I need my job in order to find the money to pay for all this.

Another dilemma:

What Should I Knit Next?

Apart from everything else aging in my stash, these are the front-runners:

a. AS Marina
b. JS Beadwork
c. Cascade 220 aran (in a pattern to be named later)
d. Dale of Norway Frogner (in black and olive Daletta)
e, Poetry in Stitches Leaf Cardigan

I am starting the baby sweater as my commuter/lunch hour knitting, so I don’t include that in the list.

Lucy Sez

Meow! I’m gonna chill this weekend!

lucy052903 Stash A Go Go

Comments

1. I vote for Poetry in Stitches cardigan. Also, that’s what Lucy wants you to knit. I can tell.

2. I vote for the aran, since you’ve done so many FI’s lately. :)

3. I vote JS Beadwork. I’ve never seen anything like it before, and FI has been your main focus as of late.

Of course, whatever you choose will turn out to be stunning. Go with your gut!

4. vanessa says:

my hanging chad goes for the poetry in stitches sweater.

5. Andrea M says:

I vote the PIS cardi! : )

6. I don’t know what any of them look like (though I did vote for the marina last time it was an option so I must have liked it better than quite a few other sweaters available) but the ‘black/olive’ colour combo has my vote simply because they should be luscious together.

7. Kristin says:

Ooooh, my vote is tied between the PIS cardi and another Aran. I LOOOOVE that colour you bought in Cascade 220!

On a sad note, my kitty (who looked like he could be Izzy’s long lost brother) had to be put down yesterday due to fluid around his heart. Poor little guy! We’ll miss him terribly.

8. I vote for Marina or Beadwork for a selfish reason. I have the yarn ready for both (yes–the balls are already wound!) :-)

9. i’ve done frogner 2x – for me and my daughter – in different colors – and it is rather fun. it is also a great sweater to wear.

but that poetry in stitches sweater is one of my faves that i will probably never do!

ah, what choices!

10. Kristin, I’m so sorry to hear about your kitty! :-(

11. i got some of elann’s louet elements too. after rubbing it against my cheek and breathing in deep i thought (and still may) about going back for more more more :)

12. Linda M says:

my vote is for the PIS cardi: the colors are summery even though it is wool, and its really high on my list of dream projects, so I’ll enjoy watching your work. Marina would be the second choice for the same reasons.

13. my vote goes to the aran who has no name. i love watching your work as it progresses, you knit so fast it’s like magic. :)

14. I vote for the Poetry in Stitches cardi :) I’d love to see you progess through that one!
    Awesome additions to your stash btw!!!

15. I vote for either Poetry or Frogner – those are the ones I want to see happening!

16. I vote for the JS Beadwork — I wanna watch Wendy knit aran instead of fair isle, for a change. And if the yarn is the same color as the picture, it may feel like a summer garment even if it’s wool!

17. Renee in CO says:

I vote for Poetry in Stitches, because it’s not time to go back to arans quite yet. Soon, though.

18. Cheryl F. says:

Cast my vote for the Poetry in Stitches cardigan, but ONLY if a better acronym can be found. I’d hate to tell friends you’re knitting a PIS cardigan–sounds kinda rude!!
    Yay for me! Finally finished the second sleeve on a long lingering Dale cardigan, now I get to block and steek. Have a great weekend–go out and show off your cool new look! Hey to Lucy, too!

19. Voting for poetry in stitches leaf cardigan. Now I’m looking at that pattern, and it’s way beyond anything I’ve tried before. But I want to see how it behaves for you.

20. I’m voting for the Poetry in Stitches cardigan with the aran running a close second.

21. b,b,b, !
    Definately beadwork.It’s a beautiful design and will look stunning on you.Also looks like it might stretch you a little ;0]

22. I vote for the beadwork cardigan. i have been drooling over this one for awhile and i figure that i need the inspriataion!

Marti

23. I love Poetry in Stitches, but at the present I’m totally enamored with Aran and “have lust in my heart” for the VY Beadwork – the Rock Dove color is scrumptious looking. I’m excited to learn that the book may be back in print soon – I’d like to do it in cream. That being said; however, the blue Cascade 220 would look lovely with Lucy.

24. Beadwork.

25. b. JS Beadwork <- thats my choice and I’m sticking to it. It will be many many moons before I’ll be able to do anything like it, but you – you’ll make it look like a walk in the park ! Love the stash your aquiring !

26. Beadwork :)

27. I vote for Beadwork. It’s simply stunning and will look fab on you.

Save the blue/aran for a project I’ll tell you more about in the near future Top secret, but I’d tell you about it as a possibility.

28. I vote for Beadwork. :-D

29. Remember that song “poetry in motion”? Anyway, that’s going in my head as I cast my vote for….”Poetry in Stitches” cardigan! I love the colors – I’m dying to see how you do it.

It will be great fun to see whatever you knit. All the best!

30. My vote is tied between Beadwork, which looks very intricate, and Poetry in Stitches, which is in some of my favorite colors!

Karen

31. Gee, Wendy — after seeing your stash enhancements I don’t feel nearly so guilty about the BIG box which arrived yesterday filled with all the yarn I purchased at Md S&W (so much I could not bring it home on the plane and had to have it SHIPPED!) Of course, your shining example has convinced me that I just need more of everything — yarn, storage space, time, money!

32. Hey Wendy, There seem to be a few Lucy lookalikes on the knitting web…care to have a “which one is Lucy” contest? I see a few Ragdolls on Mousie pages even… :) g

33. And no fair having everyone over for a “lounging on Wendy’s blue couch” photo shoot…

34. I vote for Beadwork-simply stunning. PIS is my second choice for ya! Have a great weekend!!

35. Shannon says:

Beadwork. It looks so interesting…

Lucy does the same thing that my Ty kitty does. He just rolls over on his back in a twisty kind of way. Cats are really cute when they do that. Does Lucy like her tummy rubbed?

36. Andrea in MD says:

I vote for Frogner on principle (I believe I voted for it last time ;-)). I’m not sure I remember what it looks like, but I’m sure it will be gorgeous! Just like everything else you knit!

37. Michelle B says:

Hi Wendy;

Firstly – your new coif looks great!

Secondly – I vote for Beadwork!

38. Linda M says:

Wendy,
    Did you see that Elann.com has sold out of the Louet Elements yarn??? They should pay you a commission because they had about 100 skeins this morning before your faithful readers found out that you had bought a bunch of it! So now there has to be an Elements Knit-along some day. (I didn’t get any because the color that was left was too dark for me.) Have a great weekend.

39. Wow! They sold out huh? Where’s my commission??!! ;-)

BTW, I’m surprised at the number of votes for Beadwork! Looks like that might be next on the knitting agenda.

40. Just my 2 cents..I also vote for an Aran – I would love to follow your progress doing an Aran. I have only done fair isle and would like to try an Aran but feel unsure how to proceed…. I need some bucking up!

But, really, do whatever your heart desires so YOU are happy!

41. Is Beadwork’s pattern in one of Alice’s books? Which one? I would really like to knit along with you.
    Purl

42. definite beadwork vote from this side of the ocean. toying w/the idea of the gorgeous pis buttons added on.

43. Please do the Beadwork sweater…please please please!

44. For Purl who asked: Jade Starmore’s adult-sized Beadwork Cardigan is in the Winter 99/00 issue of Interweave Knits magazine. The original Beadwork was a child-sized version in Jade’s A Collector’s Item.

I happen to know because I’ve been drooling over this one for years now! But then the Poetry in Stitches cardigan Wendy is considering is also quite drool-worthy. Hard to vote, really ;)

45. The beadwork is really intriguing, but I’ve got a yen to do Marina myself, and I’d love to see it up close and personal in your pics. And the PiS is gorgeous. So I vote for…..whatever you most want to do

Have a great weekend

46. I just saw your dark side of the moon sweater, and now I want to make one for my boyfriend. I’m not as brave as you, though, and don’t want to do duplicate stitch on black. I suppose that leaves only intarsia (I think that’s what I mean). Do you know a good resource for how I would chart this out?

Thanks so much!

47. Valerie says:

I suggest you start with whichever project is the warmest and heaviest,so you can to get it out of the way before summer and its heat & humidity arrive–this is how I am planning my knitting.
    Also, why the prejudice against cotton? I prefer it, both to wear and to knit.
    I have ongoing charity knitting for my local animal shelter, the fabulous http://www.barcshelter.org. Normally I knit dog sweaters for them to sell but I don’t think they’ll sell well in the heat. So I am going to try catnip mice (not yours–it looks beautiful but many years of practice have not alleviated my hatred of moss stitch.)I was wondering if you had ever tried knitting them out of bulky weight yarn and/or wool blends,or if this is contraindicated for some reason.
    Would love to hear from the ever fabulous Wendy (your kitty is as great as your sweaters) or anyone else who has tried it.

Valerie , owner of Junior, the 18 year old attack cat; Carmelita, the 17 year old sweetheart dog; Yukon the 9 year old American Eskimo Dog with the heart of gold; and Elvira, the 4 year old kitty queen of all she surveys, so good at running the household she can even be nice.

48. katherine: says:

So….no one asked where to get the ridiculously expensive brass buttons for the PIS sweater?

Nice do’ btw…