Happy Labor Day, to all of you who celebrate it.
I labored long and hard this weekend, knitting shoulder straps to the body of Max.
We took some not-so-hot photos of the process. I don’t know why it is, but it’s damned hard to get clear photos of this. I remember trying and failing while doing Fulmar.
I’ve worked across the strap on the right side, and knitted the last strap stitch together with a shoulder stitch.
On the wrong side, I slip the first stitch (the one worked together with the shoulder stitch), work across the strap, then purl the last stitch together with a shoulder stitch.
On the right side, I slip the first stitch, then work across, knitting the last stitch together with a shoulder stitch. And so on.
On the right side, this gives you a nice chain finish on each side of the strap.
When the shoulder straps were done, I picked up stitches for the neckband.
And I did indeed finish it.
Even with all this activity, I made time to snuggle with Lucy.
I received mousies from Meg in Alpena, MI, and from Cindy in Ogden, IA. Thank you both!
Ian and I spent some time on Saturday in mouse packaging and as of this moment we’re caught up. Lucy offered to help, but we didn’t think her motives were pure!
Today . . .
I’m going to get started on my next project. Wind some skeins into balls, and cast on for Marina!