Because we have yet another raffle prize for the Mouse-a-thon.
This prize is donated by the exceedingly generous Veronique in Switzerland and is this:
Yes, it’s the kit to knit Zauberflote! Veronique tells me:
The kit is for the medium size. All the skeins have been already wound into center-pull balls and put into closed freezer bags. All shades have the same dye lot and I even added the leftovers from previous VY projects also with the same dye lot just in case…
I only used some Pebble Beach and some Wild Orchid for the tiny little swatch I knit and can include it to the kit for the winner to see exactly what I used.
The VY pattern card is unmarked and everything is in the original VY brown package. Stored in a pet-free, smoke-free environment in my dark, cool and dry stash room.
And kindly note that the plate is not included with the prize. 😉
You can see photos of Zauberflote on the Virtualyarns website here.
A huge thank you to Veronique!
Cute Mouse-a-thon Photo of the Day
This adorable little doggie is Cheri’s Ariel, who was obviously a big help during the mouse creation process.
A lot more mousies came in yesterday! From Mihoko in Helsinki, Finland, Tanya in IN, Rebecca in Marietta, GA, Michelle in Thorold, ON, Canada, Childe in Houston, TX, Janet in Reynoldsburg, OH, Barbara in Zionsville, IN, Lisa in Indianapolis, IN, Barbara in Brecksville, OH, Pat in Tacoma, WA, Laura in Brookline, MA, Maggi in Richmond, VA, and Cheri in Cedar Park, TX. Thank you all so much!
And Lucy says thank you for the tidbits enclosed for her. She is now one spoiled kitty! Like she wasn’t before . . .
I finished Marina! I finished Marina!
That brown blur at the top of the photo is, of course, Lucy’s head.
And Doni, I no longer weave in ends. I tie square knots and trim the ends. I cannot begin to tell you how exhilarating it is to not weave in ends. I’ve done this on my last few fair isles and I highly recommend it.
Though I wouldn’t do it with a yarn thicker than jumperweight.
The Poetry in Stitches kit I bought in May.
Except of course I changed it. I decided to convert it to a pullover.
I’m making the smaller size. The pattern repeat is 19 stitches. The directions tell you to cast on 314 stitches — that’s the pattern repeated 16 times plus ten stitches for the front band steek. I cast on 308 stitches — 8 pattern repeats for the front, 2 “side seam” stitches to be done in the background color (my own idea), 8 pattern repeats for the back, and 2 “side seam” stitches to be done in the background color.
And then I’ll make it up as I go along. 🙂
Tomorrow and Thursday are crucial day at work and I’ll need to be prepared to stay late as everything will likely to come to fruition at the end of the day on Thursday, so that’s when everything has to be launched on the website, etc. So I’ll be bringing this new project with me, as there’ll probably be some periods of time when I’m sitting and waiting. My sock-in-progress will languish at home.
This also means I’ll have even less time to respond to questions and email.
“Meow, meow, meow, Lucky! Purrrrrrrr, kiss, kiss . . . “