1. Strandwanderer, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Wollmeise Merino "Pure" in the "Zenzi" colorway on a 3.25 mm (U.S. size 3) needle.

Happy Blog Day!

Happy Blog Day to you!
Happy Blog Day to you!
Happy Blog Day dear Wendyknits,
Happy Blog Day to you!

Today is my blog’s second birthday. My second Blogiversary. Can you believe I’ve been droning on about my knitting here for two long years?

Talented Kitties

These kitties, Honey and Boris, are quite gifted musically! Check out The Kitty Wrap Rap! Lucy has been purring this ditty to herself since reading it yesterday morning.

I discovered on Tuesday that I cannot crochet and read at the same time, so crocheting Critter Blankies during my lunch hour doesn’t work. So I made a huge sacrifice and started my Colinette “Vintage Knits” poncho so I can knit it at lunch. As you may recall, I bought this kit at my new home away from home, Knit Happens.

I brought the yarn to work and put it on my windowsill. Problem is, it spent the morning screaming “Knit Me!” Very distracting when you are trying to concentrate on the business of Running Our Country (ahem). But the blissful knitting that ensured during lunch was well worth all the noise. But then the yarn whimpered all afternoon, after I set it aside to go back to work.

So I’m crocheting blankies on the train, knitting my ultra-fabbo poncho at lunch, and working on Flora at home in the evening. Albeit slowly. Knitting Flora, that is. I’ve not had a lot of evening knitting time lately and poor Flora’s been suffering from lack of attention. Good thing I’m not at home all day or I’d probably hear her screaming “Knit Me!” too. Hey, maybe the Flora-noise is keeping Lucy from napping during the day. Maybe that’s why every night this week Lucy has awakened me at 2:00am, wanting me to pet and fuss over her.

I obviously need to have a talk with Flora. Or just knit on her more.

lucy033104 Happy Blog Day!

Two-Color Garter Stitch

A question from yesterday’s comments:

I’m a bit puzzled about the 2-color garter stitch — why is it any more difficult than 2-color knitting in the round? The only difference I can see is that you turn it, and you have to read the chart both ways.

Not difficult, slow and fiddly. The fiddly bit is in carrying the colors. While you are working on the right side of the work, no problem — you carry the colors in the back. But when you are knitting on the wrong side of the work, you need to carry your colors on the front while you knit. This involves moving colors back and forth from front to back as you use them.

Try it. You’ll see what I mean. icon smile Happy Blog Day!

Critter Knitter Raffle Question

Jocelyn raised a good question yesterday. If you make more than one blanket and send them in with tickets, can you win more than one prize?

Liz and I agree on this — absolutely! If you send in 40 entries, you have 40 chances at prizes. Winning one prize doesn’t make you ineligible for more. So crank out those blankies! The more you send in, the more prizes you could win!

And speaking of prizes . . . there’s another one posted on the prize page!

And there are more blankets posted on Liz’s Blanket Received Page this morning!

What? You Want Photos?

My poncho progress:

poncho033104 Happy Blog Day!

My Flora progress:

flora033104 Happy Blog Day!

My Blankie progress:

blankie033104 Happy Blog Day!

Comments

1. vanessa says:

happy happy blog day! got some walmart yarn yesterday for the blankies :-)

2. Happy Blogiversary! Should we be worried that you are entering the terrible twos?
    Thanks for the Kitty Wrap Rap publicity. The phone has been ringing off the hook with music companies vying for Boris and Honey’s attention. We are close to signing (pawing) a recording contract. Should I try to get an audition for Lucy?

3. Lucy asked me to tell you she’s in particularly good voice today — she’s ready for her audition!

Terrible twos. Be afraid . . . be very afraid!

4. Aha! The Terrible Twos! That explains the novelty yarn fixation! ;-) Happy Blog Birthday,Wendy!

5. Happy Blog-anniversary, and many more. Whew! Two years of blogging on a daily basis! I’m coming up on my first year of blogging on a daily basis, so I’m sincerely impressed with your two years. But then, everything about you impresses me! Cheers! Will there be cake? :-)

6. Happy Blogiversary Wendy! Hum, surely something decadent is in order for your 2nd – but what could possibly be more decadent than a Colinette kit?

Many happy returns,
    Roi

7. Happy Blogiversary!

8. Karen in MN says:

Happy Blog-versary! I love that picture of Lucy today — priceless!

Karen

9. Happy Blog Day, Wendy! You may not have been the first knit-blogger, but you may be the best! No other blog has kept my attention like yours. Blog on!

10. Everyone who is anyone reads your blog everyday! Happy Blog-a-birthday/anniversary. Is Lucy’s hair as silky and shiny as it looks in her pics. She is just so beautiful.

Your poncho is going to make a statement.

11. jocelyn says:

Happy blogversiry dont think i spelled that right.
    thanks for answering my question. i will crank out hose blankets. flora is almost done maybe if you knit on her more she will shush up i love the collinette poncho and the blankie look great but dont the regia socks feel left out???
    What a pretty pic of lucy you can see her eyes really well.

12. Happy Blog-a-versary/Blog-a-birthday! Its been a wonderful year of reading you and vicariously living through your beautiful projects! Can’t wait to see what the following years bring.

13. Happy Blog – a versary! Your blog with my morning coffee – life is good! Thanks for making mornings better!

14. Champagne for everyone!

15. Hi Wendy, I just have tell you that every “blankie” is like finger nails on a chalk board. Please, please say blanket. I didn’t use baby talk when I had a baby (& said baby learned real words because of that). Hearing baby talk from an adult is just really irksome. Sorry. Just had to voice my $.02.

16. Happy Blogiversary! Wishing you many, many more! (cuz we’ll all just keep reading. Ok?)

I went and bought 3 skeins of Homespun yesterday to make my Critter blankies. I’ll get more after I pay my taxes. Ouch!

17. Happy blog-aversary! By the way, you can say blanket any way you please in my book since it is your blog and anyone who visits it should either enjoy it or leave it! I love your blog and look forward to visiting every day.

18. Please share your blog’s potty training tips. :)

19. Very happy blog birthday dear Wendy.Wishing you many more & masses of good knitting karma. :0)

20. Brigitte says:

I just finished a cuddly-wubbly blankie for a widdle kitty!

21. Happy Blogiversary! Cheese danishes all around!

22. Happy Blogday! My two year blogiversary was sometime in February but I forgot all about it!

Congratulations on two wonderful years! Hope that there are many more blog years to come!

23. Happy Blog Day! Your blog is a BIG girl now, isn’t she? Hee…please pass the champagne.

24. hey!! happy aniversary.. er… blogiversary!

For the Critter Knitters, do fleece blankets need to be two layers or if the fleece is a bit thicker can it be just one? With maybe a fun fur border or something fun for the critters?

25. Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!!

26. Suzanne says:

Happy Blogversary. My power has been out from 10am till 4pm, thought I was never gonna get my Wendyknits fix today. Pretty colors on the poncho.

27. Happy Blog-day (I see it’s terrible two-someness has resulted in it’s deleting your poor “Blogs I Read” list! Naughty Blog! :-) LOL…)

28. Lucy is quite eloquent, so I don’t think the baby talk is damaging her, and I haven’t noticed any language problems in my own two cats, to whom I speak exclusively baby talk. Clearly the theory is bunk.

But just in case any children who cannot yet speak are reading your blog, maybe you should cut back, lest you harm them!

29. A toast, dear Wendy, to you and Lucy and the blog…wow. Two years goes by FAST when you are having FUN, doesn’t it? The poncho is lookin FAB!

30. Happy Blogaversary, Miss Wendy!

Thank you for being YOU and for being such an incredible and special person.

The Knit-a-Thon for Critter Knitters is just AMAZING and I am so touched by all the blankets coming in.

Your knitting, blog, animal activism and beautiful spirit are to be celebrated year round!

Big Love and Many Hugs to you,
    Love,
    Sage

31. Happy Blogiversary, Wendy! I’ll knit a few extra rows on my feather & fan scarf tonight in your honour. :)

32. Happy Blog Birthday!!!!! [Throws confetti all around.]

33. anna mo. says:

And here I thought irritating “parenting” advice was reserved for those who actually have babies.

Also, blankie blankie blankie.

Blog on, Wendy.

34. Awww – Happy Blogiversary!! Thank you for all that you do for us and others in the name of knitters everywhere! It is truly a wonderful gift. :)