Corrugated Shawl, designed by Cecelia Campochiaro, knit from Crave Caravan in the Tilly colorway, using U.S. size 4 needles.

Yarn Dreams

It’s good to know I’m not the only one having yarn dreams. I started dreaming about Colinette a few weeks ago, but lately it’s been all about Rowan!

I went to Knit Happens yesterday — what fun! Have I mentioned lately how much I love that place?

Here are some of my purchases!

First, five skeins of Rowan Calmer in “Coral.”

coralcalmer Yarn Dreams

Yup. I am hooked on Calmer. I bought this batch because of this dress:

lauraashleyblkdrs Yarn Dreams

That’s a black Laura Ashley dress I won off eBay the other day. I think it’s screaming for a shrug. So the coral Calmer is for “Iris,” the adorable little shrug in Rowan 35.

And I bought this:

cottoncash Yarn Dreams

Seven skeins of Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere. This I blame on L-B. She special-ordered this from Knit Happens and has been telling me how wonderful it is, so I bought the rest of the bag from her special order.

And I bought this, the yarn for my Fiona Bag:

fionayarn050504 Yarn Dreams

And look at the adorable button to go with it!

button050504 Yarn Dreams

Isn’t that too cute?

So . . . I did some work on my poncho in the Official Knit Happens colors:

poncho050504 Yarn Dreams

This is the second half, and I’m more than half done with it.

Oh, and I promised you a picture of my completed Tina, didn’t I?

tina050504 Yarn Dreams

For the neck, I picked up stitches areound, knit-wise. Purled one row, knit one row, then cast off purlwise. I kinda like it!

(By the way, the front porch isn’t quite as . . . uh . . . impressive as it looks in the photo. It’s the angle. Tough to photograph yourself.)

And I’ve saved the best for last — Audrey.

No work on her since my middle of the night knitting, but here’s a photo. Came out a bit lighter than the actual color.

audrey050504 Yarn Dreams

She’s coming to work with me today, and I’ll be knitting her on the train.

Theresa emailed me yesterday and kindly invited me to join the Audrey Knit-along, so join I did!

Oh, and by the way, Lucy (who is a ragdoll) is still fascinated by my knitting bag!

lucy050504 Yarn Dreams

And by the way, I received 37 requests for the poncho pattern on Tuesday alone. I didn’t count the ones I’ve received previous to that.

Amazing, no?

Comments

1. Dympna says:

Wendy,
    I laughed when I saw the colors for you Fiona bag. Those are my colors. I think I will use the purple as the main color and the green as the accent. Of course I have enough of both to make 2 bags. Just change the main and accent colors. No button, must go out and look for one.
    Dympna

2. Welcome to the Audrey knitalong! I am participating, too, and it is fun. Knitting with Rowan Calmer is a luxus.
    And: Thank you for your e-mail of the other day. I really appreciated it, since I know how many comments you get daily – and I can even guess the number of the E-Mails you get. Take care!

3. Dear Wendy – I’m just felting a Kitty Bed – I will send you a picture as soon it’s finished! It will be a gift for my mother in law’s cat!

Will you publish the pattern for the Poncho?? Or at least the measures??

Hugs Eve

4. I like the smaller neck solution, it looks great on you. Thanks.

5. Great knitting.. but GIRL.. you need a TAN!!! *grin*

Mia

6. Tina looks fab — but what do you knit that DOESN’T?? ๐Ÿ™‚

That does it, btw, I’m definitely giving Calmer another chance. Considered swatching last night when I returned from a Cinco de Mayo outing, but tequila and knitting don’t mix, at least not for me.

Foley says “meow” to Lucy — I swear, he’s gazing intently at the screen right now!

7. Wendy,

Tina looks so cute! What a great tank. You can’t have too many of those. What a fun button also!

Welcome to the Audrey Knit-along. We are knitting in the same color, you and I. Great minds, huh?

8. It seems like you, Bonne Marie and Becky really suffer from the Gimme Crowd…gimme this, gimme that. This must be the downside of the tremendous number of hits you all get….some small percentage of knitting peoples suck, and the more people that show up at your sites, the more a**holes will inevitably show up too. sigh.

9. Aubergine says:

Wendy-

Rereading you netiquette (just in case :)), I just wanted to say thanks for hosting a great blog- it’s really inspiring to see people doing such great work and having fun with it. Think I’ll head to KnitHappens now and get me one of them there pins.

best,

10. That sheep button is too cute! It matches your tattoo!

11. I have to disagree, the item that is best that you saved for last is…. Lucy. I still think Lucy and my Rufus ( also a rag doll) should meet. ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Tina looks wonderful! Every time I read your blog I have to hide my credit card… You inspire so many new projects!

13. Nicole says:

Dear Wendy! “Tina” looks very pretty as the rest of your work does. I admire your work and I wrote you a personal email today asking about the kitty bed. I can’t get the sides to stay up, it is not so stiff. I would like to know what I can do about that. Thanks for sharing your knitting blog with us! Toodles, Nicole

14. Is there catnip in that knitting bag – Lucy may be fascinated by all the colors or maybe the softness.

Your projects are expanding which is a knitter’s delight. Such lovely colors and that sheep button is so cute. Your Tina looks real good on you.

15. I don’t think I would have been inspired by Tina on the Berocco site, but she sure looks lovely on you!

I love the color you picked for Audrey. So summery and feminine. So fun that you’re going to knit along with us!

And as to pattern requests… why is it so hard for so many people to understand copyright? Seems like if you can afford the yarn you should be able to go out and purchase the pattern, too… People are so disappointing sometimes.

16. jocelyn says:

OMG I LOVE that button at my lys my mum and i were admiring them i was thinking of using that button,but mine will be pik and purple.
    That is a beautiful dress it does scream for a shrug
    have fun knittin maybe that cashmere will make the cotton nicer?
    Jocelyn

17. Maybe you should become an official retailer. You probably get more requests for the pattern than any of the stores.

18. Heehee… I’ve been dreaming about Koigu PPPM. It’s crazy!

Can’t wait to see your shrug in Calmer Coral. It’s the same color as the Calmer I’m using. Don’t ya just love it? Your comment re: the front porch cracked me up! Thanks for my morning laugh.

19. Hi Wendy,
    You did it again—-I’m off to my LYS to get some Calmer, cause I’ve been eyeing Audrey for over a month and now that Wendy approves, I must knit along too.
    Love your blog and all your inspiration,
    Janice

20. I got a good chuckle out of the “front porch” line, too! But the Tina really is dreamy.

Maybe if you could do a little “popup” help message every time you type Poncho that will appear when folks mouse-over it that says “no, I will not give you this pattern for free, it is Copyrighted!”

I can’t WAIT to get down to check out Knit Happens–I am new to Rockville and hear that Old Town Alexandria is a good day trip (that could only be made better by some stash enhancement!!)

21. cheryl F. says:

Wendy,
    I bet the gals from Knit Happens have you to thank for their bottom line! Love Tina, do you think it would look good on those of us whose homes have no porch (okay a really small one)??
    Forgive me if this has been discussed, but where did you get the knitting bag? I finally broke down and made a quilted Eliz. Austen “knock off” one of my own and it has kitties all over it–quite cool, and with alll kinds of pockets inside
    Have fun at work!

Cheryl in AL

22. I’m totally obsessed with a poncho that’s no longer printed (or not distributed in the US, something like that), so I won’t ask for your pattern. *le siiigh* ๐Ÿ™‚

New projects look fabulous, and now I’m compelled to head up to my own LYS (2.5 hours away) to find some of that “calmer”. Darnit. So much for not buying new yarn until the old stuff’s used up….

23. … I ranted about your pattern problem. And, um, made you a button. You can get it on my site, if you want it.

I’m mired in post rant brevity, so I’ll just shut up.

mouse

24. Knittykim says:

I’m with Lucy- All that new yarn will NOT fit in this bag!!

I have a good request not in regards to the poncho: Where did you get the pattern for tina? I, unlike others, shall attempt to find and purchase said pattern.

25. Knittykim says:

from above, I learned it is a Berroco pattern? Is that correct?

26. Karen in MN says:

Kim, Tina is a free pattern on the Berroco website. Here is the URL —

27. Didn’t Mouse make you a fab button ? ! :0)

28. Wendy that dress is great and it definitely screams for a shawl, you picked out an absolutely wonderful colour for it. I love your knittig bag, is it quilted? For some reason lately my yorkie is so interested in what’s inside my quilted knitting bag. Maybe it’s something in the air.

29. The Stupid button is FAB!!! Great idea, mouse.

30. “Front porch!” I’ve never heard that one – hysterical!

31. janet d says:

you’re too funny. now that you’ve joined in the Audrey knit-a-long, I better getta a going & finish mine up as you knit with lightning speed & I will be embarrassed to be the pony express of knitting. enjoy your calmer!

32. My God you are on a roll. No – I suppose you always are. I am in *love* with all of the colors. And the dress! oh and ‘Tina’ is awesome [and the ‘front porch’ ain’t too shabby either, *ahem*]. ๐Ÿ˜‰

33. Tina, of course, looks great. I’m amazed at all of the FOs jumping off your needles lately. You’ve got to love summer knitting.

34. Huzzah! Tina looks great, as does the fashion shot. I must try taking pictures from that angle now. Hee!

Love your latest addition of Calmer. Beautiful shade! If you decide that you don’t want to knit that adorable shrug, I’ll adopt that yarn from you ๐Ÿ˜‰

P.S. I’m so glad you’re knitting Audrey along with us. I look forward to seeing you at the blog!

35. It’s a shame you have to use it, but I Love the “Stupid” button. LOL.

36. I dreamt about Calmer a few nights ago too. Glad it’s not just me. Now I figure I have to go buy some, and I LOVE the coral color you’ve chosen.

37. Marilyn says:

I enjoy looking at your stash acquisition and project list. Sometimes, colours and ideas spark ideas for me. Enjoy yourself, I certainly do. Life is too short…

38. “Fiona Bag”
    LOVE the button.
    That yarn look from a distance like cotton tots.
    “Lucy is a rag doll”
    Gees…I always thought she was a siamese…my husband had a rag doll for 19 years. They are very affectionate.
    “TINA”
    ah…it’s to die for…I really love it. Can you remind me the pattern book where you find it. I’d like to purchase that pattern book…this is just waht I like wearing in the summer. You knit so well it looks very similar to one I bought in a store. Only the one I have is 3 braids, no ribbing and a mock turtle neck, but the sleve edging is are purled so it curls.
    It’s so weird when I look at yarn photos it always looks so yummy as if I was in a candy store or bakary looking at all the goodies.

39. I get the same kinds of comments sometimes — and, like you, I’ve been broke, and after three years of law school, and ten years working, I feel NO GUILT about buying/using good yarn and fiber. My only regret is that I will not be able to find my present stash in my next life (there’s gotta be a way to do this. . .)

Trackbacks

1. yummyyarn says:

What do we have here?

Why, it’s the finished top! Such the procrastinator, I sewed it up Friday evening in a hurry because BF announced we were going camping for the weekend. Did I mention I loved knitting this? The elasticity of the yarn…