1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Back to Work

Back to the routine, after the a three-day weekend.

But before I go, Lucy would like to show you that I visited Knit Happens on Sunday.

lucy053104 Back to Work

What’s in the bag?

cottonangora053104 Back to Work

Nine skeins of Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora, in purple — the photo makes it look bluer than reality.

Kristine’s friend Amelia (Hi Amelia!) was knitting with some Cotton Angora and it looked so wonderful I had to buy some for myself.

elastico053104 Back to Work

Lana Grossa Elastico in “copper” for a cute little tank. Kristine had a photo of the pattern on the Knit Happens blog a little while back.

lizard053104 Back to Work

A skein of the very limited edition Laughing Lizard cotton boucle. Isn’t the colorway gorgeous? I’m thinking summer bucket hat . . .

hanasilk053104 Back to Work

A skein of glorious red Hana Silk.

I can’t tell you how sinfully wonderful this is to knit. You just have to get some yourself.

This is the start of a little scarf. I couldn’t resist casting on right away.

Casting Off . . .

I finished Luanne.

luanne053104 Back to Work

And the Official Taking a Photo of Myself Shot.

luanne053104a Back to Work

I love this top! I’ll have a better photo of it after next weekend.

Something New!

lucky053104 Back to Work

This is the start of a new tank I’m calling “Lucky” (after L-B’s cat) that I’m knitting from my Jaeger silk. More details tomorrow!

Comments

1. Luanne is gorgeous! Love the pattern you designed. Perfect summer top for this weather. A definite must-knit. And ohh those KH pick ups. I have to get by there this week. Oh, the yummy yarn they have there.

And I can’t wait to see Lucky progress. That trim at the bottom is great! I have never seen anything like that. What a pattern and why do I want to pick up some chocolate yarn now? Your designs are just wonderful, Wendy!

2. vanessa says:

love the picot neckline on luanne :-)

3. Yay! Luanne is really pretty! You’re going to love the DB Cotton Angora, btw. I just finished a tank in it. I’ve never used the Cotton Cashmere, but I assume that the overall feeling/effect is the same.

Happy virtual Monday … pouring here in Boston. Ugh.

4. Nannette says:

I LOVE Luanne. What a perfect summer top, and a gorgeous color. I am anxious to see lucky. The bottom edge looks a bit like paw prints, which is appropriate since it’s named after a cat!

5. Hmmm. Looks like Leslie might have some competition as tank girl.

6. HUZZAH! You are the Queen of Lacy Knitted Tops. Lacy knitted tops are all I’m seeing over here right now and I, of course, want one, too.

7. As Lucky’s official spokesperson, I know he will be honored by your new tank! And Nannette is right about the paw-print edge! :-) Luanne is a perfect fit! I am hooked on the Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere!

8. Luanne is lovely, you always do a great job. If you would like to name something after my cat Marmalade, he wouldn’t mind at all – He told me so;-)

9. Wendy, I am so glad that you will be selling your original patterns. They are so perfect for wearing in both spring and summer and look like they will work up quickly for even us slower knitters. Can’t wait!

10. Wow, the lacy tank looks awesome! It was divine in person, but just soooo much better on you!

11. Since you are on a roll with designing lacy summer tops, how about a lace cardi? I’d love a Luanne summer cardi:>)

12. Wendy in FL says:

While the tank is gorgeous, white bra needs to be substituted with flesh tone. ;)

It really is beautiful.

W. :)

13. It’s not a white bra, it’s a flesh-tone bra. I know better.

I think the flash did odd things with the color. Strange, eh?

14. Hi Wendy:

Is Luanne for sale? What a gorgeous top – I can think of many things to wear with it. Lucky is looking good as well.

Have a good one.

15. Jessica says:

Wow. Luanne is even more beautiful than Lucy. I can’t wait to see Lucky.

You need to start a “L-Only Tank Sale” and get these patterns out there.

16. Cheryl F. says:

Wow,
    Tough crowd! I’d rather see someone’s bra under a tank than the famous (or should I say infamous) “nipple tank” that was in last summer’s Knitter’s magazine (ew!). Lovely yarns–you’re a bad influence!!

Cheryl F in AL

17. Luanne really is beautiful. A perfect little shell. I’m thinking black so that I can wear it to work under a jacket. Do you need test knitters for that pattern as well?

18. I’m loving your tops! Man, you are a productive knitter. Must be very satisfying. I look forward to buying your patterns!

19. Ack! I want these patterns!! You are killing me with the wait!!!

(Was this dramatic enough for you or what? Teehee!) ;-)

20. L x 4:
    Love Luanne!
    Love Lucy!
    As Cole Porter wrote: You’re the Top! You’re the Tower of Pisa – you’re the top – you’re the Mona Lisa….
    Many thanks!

21. cassandra says:

I just had to say that I love that you are designing and knitting your own patterns right now – it looks like you’re in a summer groove, and I must say that I’m inspired!

22. I am echoing the sentiments of all these lovely knitters here, I cannot wait until you put Lucy and Luanne up for sale, I am going to make Luanne my first lace project!

Beautiful work…really…it’s very inspiring!!

23. Really pretty Luanne. Now I’ll have trouble deciding which to make with my black cotton cashmere!

24. LOVE! LUANNE!

Really, now. Stop it. We need FEWER patterns that we must knit, and here you are, blithely adding to my pile of Things That Need to Be Made. I love it. Clever thing, you.

Digit sends sloppy kisses to Lucy (he’s drooling on me as we speak…)

25. The Laughing Lizard is my favorite of all the L’s in this post ;) that Hana silk, though…ooooweeeee, may have to drag myself to Knit Happens just to get some of THAT!
    Sandy sends smooches.

26. i’m about finished withknitty’s honeymoon done with the cotton angora, and i LOVE it butlet me warn you, it sheds! whenever i’m wearing dark clothing while working on it, i end up with a fine purple sheen all over me from the light-as-air fuzz it leaves behind. oh but it IS lush… you’ll love it! i’ve yet to try the cotton cashmere though… my lys doesnt carry it, but ohhh i need togive it a try :)