I seem to be fixated on the phrase “Bad-Ass Knitter.”
Yeah, I’m a Bad-Ass Knitter. You wanna make something of it. Huh? HUH?
It’s the day before a long weekend. It’s been a long week. That’s my excuse. Yeah.
But anyhow . . . I think being a Bad-Ass Knitter is something to aspire to!
How to Be a Bad-Ass Knitter
1. Knit whatever the hell you want . . . whenever you want.
2. Buy as much yarn (and books and needles etc.) as you want, whenever the hell you want.
3. Never, ever, apologize for knitting.
4. Never, ever, apologize because you think something you knit isn’t “good” enough.
5. Never, ever, apologize about how you knit: right-handed, left-handed, or with your toes!
6. Traditional knitting is timeless.
7. Display your stash with pride!
8. You don’t have to follow a pattern exactly — make changes if you wanna.
9. Never apologize for knitting cat/dog hair into your sweater. It’s all the warmer!
10. Whenever a non-knitter asks you a stupid question, remember that you carry long, sharp sticks.
Whaddya say, guys? Join me in being a Bad-Ass Knitter!
But only if you want to.
All good things come to those who wait.
Lizzie was such a good, sweet, patient girl that I rewarded her by sewing her up last night.
I love her. Love, love, love her. And I love that she took about 500 yards of bulky yarn to complete.
Oh, and she’s a Bad-Ass Sweater.
And here’s a seriously bad photo of her being worn.
I think my Mommy has gone whacky.
Happy Independence Day
Happy Independence Day to everyone who celebrates it. And while you celebrate, send good thoughts to Americans spending the 4th in dangerous places away from home and family, eh?
Tune in Monday for the July contest!