The Ides of March will make you go all wonky, ya know?
Case in point: I was knitting along on Mel’s second sleeve when I suddenly decided I didn’t want to work on it now, and threw it aside.
Instead, I cast on for “Deli,” from the Rowan magazine Classic Cafe. I’m using the new CashCotton DK yarn in color #605, which they call Magenta but I think is Raspberry.
The recommended needle size is a US 6, but I went down to a 5 to get gauge.
The yarn is quite nice. Very pleasant to knit. Its composition: 35% Cotton, 25% Polyamide, 18% Angora, 13% Viscose, and 9% Cashmere. A DK weight, and has 142 yards per 50 gram skein.
Because Phyllis Asked
1. Do you knit continental or English? It’s more continental than anything but the bottom line is that my knitting style is just plain weird. But it works for me!
2. How long ago did you learn to knit? Ages ago. When I was a tiny tot.
3. First FO? Apart the requisite knitted squares? I started a raglan pullover in worsted weight yarn when I was 8 or 9 and finished it when I was 13 or 14.
4. Favorite yarn? I don’t have any one favorite — but give me silk or cashmere, please!
5. Favorite pattern? It’s hard to pick a favorite, but right up there is Alice Starmore’s Inishmore.
6. Favorite pattern source? Alice Starmore!
7. Favorite needles? Holtz & Stein ebony circulars
8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? It’s hard to picky any one thing when you’ve been knitting as long as I have.
9. Most hated project? I can’t think of anything I hated. Not right now, anyway.
10. Who are you going to pass this on to? Whomever wishes to answer it.
Lucy’s Training Schedule
Lucy is still in training for the Kitty Sleeping Olympics. Sometimes her Daddy helps her to train.
I sucked it up this afternoon and went to get my hair colored. What is not always evident in photos is that my hair has this odd two-toned effect because it lightens in the sun. However, it does not lighten evenly, hence the patchwork effect. And it also lightens to an unattractive shade of yellow.
So I went to Celadon Spa, so Garland could work his magic on the hair color.
And happily, I happened to run into Rossana outside Celadon, and she gave me a hug that conveyed good hair vibes!
The official photo in the bathroom mirror:
I only wish I could blow dry my hair like Garland can. I would be fabulous, dahling.
Speaking of Fabulous
I have a wonderful neighbor. Why do I say that? Because when I came home from work today, these were waiting for me, from her.
Just because I did something thoughtful for her over the weekend.