1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

It’s Official

What’s official? This is: The Official in the Bathroom Mirror Shot.

lacy042505 Its Official

Thanks for all your very nice comments about the cardi!

I’ve been extraordinarily busy today, and I am more than a little tired, so I’m just popping in for a brief hello. Here’s what Lucy did all day.

lucy042505 Its Official

You can see that she has things tough.

And here’s my progress on the LaLuz silk top:

laluz042505 Its Official

And just for grins, an extreme close-up of the yarn:

laluz042505a Its Official

Comments

1. That’s a beautiful sweater! Once again you tempt us with gorgeous fiber!! I love the colorway!

2. Wow. The closeup looks almost microscopic.

The lace edging on the sweater is the perfect finishing touch.

3. Beautiful, just beautiful!

4. Woah, baby, that La Luz is making me drool on my keyboard!

5. Very nice job on the cardi! The LaLuz is gorgeous. I see Lucy has it as tough as Duchess, Earl and Baron, who send their regards to her. They are impressed at how hard she works :)

6. Hi Wendy!

You are totally AMAZZZZING! Your lacy cardi is so pretty and I love how you chose to tie!! I am very excited to try the new DB Cathay!

A nice scratch behind the ears to Lucy ;-)

Happy Knitting!

7. Claudia W says:

The Lace Cardi is just beautiful.

I love your LaLuz color choice. I need to ask, how is the yarn to work with?

8. Igor says thanks for the cheesecake shot.

9. A perfect cardi for those hazy spring/summer days!

10. Wendy — worn over a strappy summer sundress, that lovely little cardi is the perfect nod to office formality without losing a feminine touch — WELL DONE! (P.S. — you have become my computer point of sanity as I dig through the endless business-related annoying e-mail!) THANKS.

11. Lene Clausen says:

Oh, that is very sad with the cardi! It looks like nightwear gone wrong :-( I loved the way the yarn looked while you were knitting it, but in my humble opinion the end result is not very good. maybe full-lenght sleeves would improve the look?

12. Lace cardi is gorgeous!! And, OMG, the colourway and LaLuz is to die for!!

13. Susan Maurer says:

I humbly disagree with Lene; It’s daywear gone right. I love eyelet cardigans, and I’m starting to favor the tied front over buttons. Easier and quicker, both in knitting and wearing. I also love the 3/4 length sleeves! I’m musing over adapting Deli to have sleeves like that. Good job on the eyelet cardigan. I hope you post your designs for sale someday. I’m not sure if Lucy would be willing to manage your knitting career or even if she’s the managerial type, but she does make a lovely model.

14. Thank you for the picture of the finished cardi while you are wearing it! It looks great on! Great job!

15. Pat Feldt says:

Hey Wendy – I love all of your work, so far, but, the eyelet cardi? My first thought when I saw it was “bed jacket”. Shows you how old I am. What do I know. It is lovely work and I’m sure if I saw the real thing my impression would change.

16. Pat Feldt says:

17. Love the way the lace cardi turned out, but like the silk colors even better.

I see that Lucy is still training hard for the kitty sleeping competition.

Kathy in Mpls.

18. Extreme Close Up! Whoa!

Party on.

19. Nightwear gone wrong? I never had a bed jacket or pajamas like that. Although more loose fitting than expected, the cardi is very pretty. I suspect that it drapes more closely on a moving body and that the easy fit would make a lot of sense if we could see a full-figure shot.

In any case, dontcha know that the kids are wearing their pajamas to school? Wendy’s just sneaking a grown up version into the workplace. More proof she’s with it.

20. Where do I sign up for the pattern for the cardi?
    I LOVE it, and have been trying to find Just.That.Pattern
    for several summers now…
    The poodles hereby invite Miz Lucy to an Official Napping Contest…She’s a PRO!

21. Love the blue yarn…yum!

22. I really like the cardi. I have a similar one in black, and it is perfect for those cool spring days. I’m sure you will get a lot of use out of it!

23. Amanda Spielman says:

Wendy

lovely cardi, but why do you so often knit for someone 1-2 sizes larger than youl? You are quite little and also well proportioned, please don’t make yourself think you need to be veiled!

24. Amanda Spielman says:

Wendy

25. You thought I wouldn’t notice the “Grudge Match”,didn’t you? ;-)

26. wow….people saying it looks like a bedjacket? Remember….if you don’t have something nice to say……
    I think it is awesome! And having tried it on, I can attest that it is SO NICE I WOULD SLEEP IN IT. But it is too nice to do that….