Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Red, White, and Blue

mara070406 Red, White, and Blue

Well, whaddya know? I finished it.

Happy Independence Day.

lucy070406 Red, White, and Blue

Comments

1. WOW. Am I first? I love the sweater! Any tips on someone gathering the courage to try Fair Isle?? Spinning up a storm, Wendy. Stop by and see! Happy 4th!!

2. That cardigan looks absolutely lovely. I wish I knit half as fast as you. ๐Ÿ™‚ Unfortunately, that’s one thing I’ll just have to accept will not happen any time soon. **grins** Beautiful work, Wendy – as always.

3. It’s gorgeous. Happy Independence Day to you, too.

4. Happy Independence Day and hope you enjoy the festivities in your area.

It turned out beautifully.

5. Man that looks gorgeous!

I keep telling myself that someday I’ll give fair isle a serious try. I hope it turns out even half as good. hehe

6. Beautiful!

7. Mary Pat says:

Wendy – thank you so much for posting while enjoying your long week-end. The finished sweaters are so pretty.

Miss the pictures in the mirror ๐Ÿ™‚ Are they are thing of the past?

Have a Happy Fourth!

8. It’s beautiful, Wendy. I wish my Fair Isle sweaters would come out looking as half as nice as yours. I can’t seem to get the tension quite right to keep a slight pucker from happening.

I suppose I should just chalk it up to inexperience since I’ve only been knitting since November. But still, the perfectionist in me wants what it wants.

Have a Happy 4th! Enjoy the fireworks!

9. Wendy, you make it look so easy :o)

Happy Fourth!

I love your handiwork.

You are an inspiration.

Donna

10. Congratulations! Raise the flag AND an ealry morning holiday beverage! It’s gorgeous, of course. That’s some dang-fast knitting. (Ha ha, I can see your barefoot footprints on the lower corners of the photo.)
    Will there be a model shot, too?

11. Lucy’s your number one fan!

Get it? Fan?

I slay me.

12. Gorgeous!! And you whipped that right up in no time. I’m feeling a great sense of shame for my neglected fair isle (approaching about 8 yrs of WIP status)…

13. martha in mobile says:

Lovely work, as always!. I just got your book (I know, I’m a martha-come-lately) and am enjoying reading your “backstory.”

14. This must have been knit in record time. It looks wonderful! Little envy here. ;o)

15. Your sweater is lovely, lovely as is Lucy’s profile portrait in front of the filmy curtain.
    We wonder if Lucy’s there, looking for fireworks.

16. Hello! That is way better than any fireworks show. You really know how to celebrate, don’t you? Here, let me serve you a margarita ๐Ÿ™‚

17. It’s gorgeous. You give great visual inspiration.
    After I finish all of my cable projects fair isle will be on my list.
    Happy Independence Day.

18. Dierdre and Mara are both gorgeous! Lucy too, it must be said. ๐Ÿ™‚

Happy 4th!

19. It’s beautiful!! Happy 4th!!

20. The sweater is, of course, gorgeous – I can’t believe how fast you knit! Lucy looks a little pensive today – is she thinking about the fireworks about to come and how she hates having to hide under the bed during them? (At least, that where my cats go during fireworks!)

21. Ok, it’s super gorgeous! Someday when I grow up I want to be able to knit like you.

Happy 4th!

22. Gorgeous sweater!!

23. Unbelievably gorgeous sweater!! Wear with pride!

24. Suzanne says:

It is lovely, just like all of your other incredible Starmore fair isle sweaters.

25. Absolutely beautiful!!

26. The finished cardigan is more than beautiful. It’s a shame our Virginia weather today isn’t exactly for cardiganS!!

27. Wow, it is wonderful. And you were so fast finishing it too ๐Ÿ™‚

28. anne marie in philly says:

“Well, whaddya know? I finished it.” – like there was ever any doubt!

perfect-o-mundo!

hopefully you can see the fireworks from your house without having to go outside.

have a great holiday, y’all!

29. Breath taking. What an exquisite piece of talent. I am awed, inspired and plain CHICKEN!! Lovely, just lovely.

30. Please, please, you just have to have a stack of already made knits (and here’s one I made earlier). And you know what else you’ve done, you’ve set off a whole must do Fair Isle vibe, which I keep seeing all over the place, and is absolutely no good for lace in progress.

Happy 4th, to you, Lucy, and KoaRC.

31. Another fabulous Fair Isle sweater!!

32. That is amazing! It looks great!! So, how did you find the overall pattern?

(You so rock – what, under 3 weeks for Mara?!)

33. Kate/Massachusetts says:

Wendy, You are absolutely amazing! Your sweaters are just beautiful! Lucy, too! Kate/Massachusetts

34. Simply Stunning!

35. Wow, this is beautiful! You are an inspiration – thank you!! Have a great 4th.

36. If I ever knit something that amazing I would frame it. You think I’m kidding, don’t you? I’m not.

You are truly an inspiration and more.

Happy 4th, Wendy!

37. Holy Cow, that was quick! Do you find you get alot of hand cramps from knitting so quickly? I sure would. Fantastic, beautiful, stunning.

38. Unbelievable! MAN, you are so FAST!

Congrats! The sweater is amazing.

39. Gorgeous, Wendy!!

40. Truly amazing! I am in awe.

41. Three beautiful FOs in two days! Serious drooling going on over here! Congrats! ๐Ÿ™‚

42. Another beauty, Wendy! You continue to amaze and inspire!

43. marjorie says:

The sweater is gorgeous. And Deirdre is quite lovely as well. Would you model it for us some time so we could see how the belled sleeves look on you?

In addition to your dazzling knitting skills (speed and accuracy!), I’m so envious of your collection of Alice Starmore patterns. I only managed to collect the books that are still relatively cheap, and I wish I had the foresight to get the others.

44. Lisa, Mike, Jack, Della says:

So beautiful–really really beautiful colors; I admire this design so much more now that I’ve seen it knitted up-close ๐Ÿ™‚

Deirdre and socks, too! Wow!

45. Really beautiful work! If I can ever finish my aran and Faroe shawl, I am definitely trying a Fair Isle!

46. I absolutely love Deirdre — the way the cables drape into the hem and the lovely waistline shaping. Of course, Mara is fabulous also! I realized after the discussion about the armhole shaping that Oregon is made the same way. It is now on my radar screen, though it will not be completed in 24 days!! Maybe 24 weeks?

47. its beautiful!

48. Your sweater is just beautiful and it took just a few days for you to finish your sleeves. great job!!!! You have motivated me to pull out my Mossbank Pullover (that has been waiting for over a year for the sleeves to get finished)
    Thanks, for sharing.

49. Mara is gorgeous! She’s so beautiful that I’m trying to get the courage to try a little fair isle myself. I’m not quite there yet though – something about the lack of a pattern and yarn.

50. Mara is gorgeous! She’s so beautiful that I’m trying to get the courage to try a little fair isle myself. I’m not quite there yet though – something about the lack of a pattern and yarn.

51. Two
    two
    two
    for the price of one! Wow – love Miss D and Mara is beyond words – both are magnificent! BRAVO! and hope you had a very happy 4th! Love to Lucy!

52. Really, really beautiful! Congrats on another fantastic finished project!

53. Oh wow, it’s inspiring.

54. The sweater is truly beautiful and I am so amazed at how quickly you knit. I, on the other hand, am a very pokey knitter.

55. Wow! That looks like fireworks went off on your sweater! Fabulous!!!!

56. Hip! Hip! Hurray! It’s pretty and patriotic – what could be better. Wendy – do you ever suffer from knitting injuries from all your speed knitting? I’m always amazed at how quickly you knit, but wonder about repetitive motion injuries like so many other knitters suffer. I HOPE you don’t suffer. Keep up the gorgeous knitting.

57. No surprise that!

One of these days, I want to make me something like that. Something so beautiful and well made, that fits well. It’s a tribute to your skill that you make it look so easy I can’t figure why I haven’t done it yet.

58. I love that sweater!

59. Stunning fair isle! I love those colors, the pattern, everything.

60. Your sweater is so pretty! I love all the colors. I bet you were so proud of it when it was done!!GREAT WORK