1. Strandwanderer, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Wollmeise Merino "Pure" in the "Zenzi" colorway on a 3.25 mm (U.S. size 3) needle.

A Quick One

Just a quick entry here, because there is little progress on which I can report. Knitting time last night was sucked into the black hole of a migraine, so all I’ve got is a wee bit of sock progress.

sock071306 A Quick One

But . . .

I did think of something fun I could do with those leftover bits of sock yarn.

gues071306 A Quick One

Care to hazard a guess as to what I’m startng here?

Have a good weekend!

lucy071306 A Quick One

Comments

1. A Log Cabin Blanket???

2. My guess is: catnip mouse. (Admittedly, I have your catnip-mouse patterns on the brain; my brother and his girlfriend just adopted a kitty, so you know what they’re getting in the mail within a week!) :)

3. Drats! Log Cabin immediately came to my mind as well.

4. I would say a leftover sock yarn scrap blanket, either entrelac, log cabin, crazy quilted, multi directional type of thing but one never can tell with an inch of garter stitch could be anything…..lol Have fun!

5. I am guessing log cabin too!

6. Cathy D says:

Guessing a Short Row something??

7. Mushroom cozy.

8. …except not… unless you have a straight-needle technique for mushroom cozies.

9. I’ve recently starting making blanket squares with my leftover sock yarn…. so…. my guess is that you’re copying me? Oh Wendy. I’m so flattered. heh :)

10. I know, a felted, entrelac mushroom cozy.

11. I’ll cast my vote for a Log Cabin blanket or perhaps a vest since you seem to prefer knitting garments. I doubt that it is a dishrag!!!

12. Since I recently viewed The Heathen Housewife’s blog re: her modular sock-yarn blankie, I am somewhat suspicious that a blankie is in the works. However, I DID just spend last night with twenty-some rising 6th grade girl scouts at summer camp, so my brain is befuddled. It only takes so many repeats of “The Lilac Song” before brain cells begin to fry. I won’t even tell you how many times I have just had to re-type words in which I litched sweaters, oops, switched letters. (I missed my knitting time ALL week so far!)

13. Perdita from knitty summer 2006? :) That’s what I just did w/ my Schaefer Anne leftovers (some of them, anyway!)

Have a great weekend!

14. …a wristwarmer? At least that’s another option you have for using up leftover sock yarn, if it isn’t. :)

15. catnip mouse?

16. I betting on a cell phone or ipod cozy.

17. Oh my gosh – I just started a log cabin out of my sock leftovers and I bet that’s what you’ve started too!

18. I’ve seen a body sock blanket out there in the blogosphere made out of all the left over sock yarns a knitter has. Is it that?

Yeah I had a brutal headache last night from the storm that moved in luckily not a migraine. Haven’t had to take Imatrex for a while. Sounds like I got lucky.

19. Tequila shot glass cozy? A blanket for your house elf? A wee flag to signal to the KOARC that you’d like a refill? Felted log cabin intarsia mushroom entrelac underpants for Lucy with a matching pair for her catnip mouse?

20. Catnip mouse!

21. Looking at Lucy, I’ll say a catnip mouse for her?

22. A catnip mousie! Or a mushroom placemat, since it’s flat…until you short row it. Oh, the possibilities!

23. anne marie in philly says:

I counted 20 stitches, so it’s too short to be a catnip mousie (poor lucy!).

I vote for a log cabin thingie.

24. No attempts to guess what you’ve started, but I’m curious about something else. Do you ever knit cuff down socks? Or have you abandoned them in favor of toe-ups?

25. Teddy bear?

26. A gift bag for the socks…since you are always so generous and give them away!!!

27. shaulri says:

modular knitting small squares afghan

28. My guess is that Lucy will be enjoying a new catnip mouse sometime very soon.

29. Wendy, please don’t feel like you have to knit/blog with a migraine! I feel your pain — literally. I have a minor migraine right now, so I can sympathize.

30. Lucy’s something? Have you ever thought of having Lucy wear a sweater? My mom used to have our cat wear no-sleeve-shirt, just because it prevented her long hair fall everywhere, at least from her upper body. Off course, our cat hated it though.

By the way, I started knitting Grape Arbor Shawl from your book.

31. Have you been reading the Heathen Housewife blog? – that looks almost like it could be one of those pesky mitred squares from left oversock yarn that she is making :-)

32. I go with the cell/ipod cozy.

33. Jennifer says:

A question from yesterday’s post. When you suggest using DK weight yarn for a cabled sweater to wear indoors then my guess is that one would have to search for a pattern using this weight yarn or design one’s own pattern. Is there any way to make use of the traditional Aran patterns while using lighter weight yarn??

34. An ipod cover? A neckerchief for kitty?

Do you, by any chance, have an old pic of your St. Brigid? I saw a knitter posting on the St. Brigid group that you had knit it….I’m just starting to.

35. Wendy:
    Um, dumb question. I’m doing your sock in Fiber Artist sock yarn on 0s – do you pick up the wraps inserting needle from bottom to top, or from top to bottom? I did bottom to top on my first toe, and the knit row wrap side looks different than the purl wrap side.
    Thanks!

36. Ugh! a migraine! I get them too and it’s been bad with these storms. I hope you feel better now =)

Love the sock.

37. Marilyn A says:

Log cabin square came instantly to mind.
    Much sympathy for your migraine from a long-time sufferer.

38. Charlotte says:

Hi Wendy,
    Thanks for sharing the blog by Catharine Friend and I’m going to read the book too. Looks great!

I’m so glad you’re in a sock “phase” and I love the feather and fan socks. Do you have a problem with them staying up since there isn’t any ribbing?

I also love Fleece Artist and I have some of the sock yarn just waiting to be used. Is there any way other than measuring the skein on to a niddy noddy and cutting or marking the middle of the skein to determine how much you need for one sock? You know, so you don’t have one sock 1 length and the other shorter or longer?

I love your blog and now Farm Tales is right beside yours in my favourites list.

I hope that your migraine is gone and you have a good weekend. Thanks for continuously keeping me entertained and inspired with knitting, Charlotte

Dunnville, Ontario

39. MamaLana says:

Wendy, you are wonderful. Lucy is wonderful. How on EARTH do you read and knit at the same time? That would give me a migraine! Heh.
    MamaLana

40. Wendy,
    I have some questions for you about Baby Norgi. I have been making it in the recommended yarns, did my sewing of the steeks, and have everything sewn together.. Now, as I come to do the facing, I noticed some of my green carry overs from the pine trees have pulled out of my stitching!!!! I’ve heard this is symptomatic of superwash wool, and i’m wondering what you recommend that I do…..

Thanks a billion,

Kristin

41. Wendy,

Thanks a billion,

Kristin

42. You might enjoy the books written by Gladys Taber.

43. Ha! A mushroom cozy coaster!! No?