Here is the yarn I’m using for the Wing-o’-the-Moth shawl, Alchemy Haiku.
It’s 40% silk and 60% mohair and each 25 gram skein is 325 yards. I have a total of three skeins for a total of 975 yards. The shawl pattern calls for 900 – 1,000 yards, so I ought to be fine.
Here is the shawl in progress:
And a close-up:
The first section is very easy to memorize, so it’s very pleasant, almost mindless, knitting. There’s a boatload of it, though, so I’m not even half done with this section. I thought having two days off from work would cause huge knitting progress, but I seem to have spent large chunks of time occupied with non-knitting tasks. But there’s always the weekend.
The truly observant among you may have noticed that I removed Keelan from my Works in Progress list. I decided the yarn I was using was not right — it was too fine and I didn’t like how it knitted up. So progress thus far has been scrapped. I did some swatching last night in another yarn, and plan to rework the pattern in dk weight wool.
What Lucy did all day:
She is lying on my side of the couch.