Did I mention I took today off from work?
It’s nice how much you can get done when you don’t have to go to work.
To recap, this is the Peapod Baby Sweater, designed by Kate Gilbert and available in pdf format from the Interweave Knits website. (Check out yesterday’s blog entry for the link to the pattern.)
I made the smallest size (3 months old), which called for four skeins of Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere. I made it from three skeins, and had an ootch of the third skein leftover.
How are you finding the cotton cashmere? More cotton-y than cashmere-y? The stitches look nice and glossy on my monitor…
It is more cottony than cashmere-y. But not unpleasant to work with. The stitches are not quite as even in person as they appear on-screen, but they aren’t too bad.
I steam-pressed the pieces to block, and that helped even out the stitches. I mattress-stitched the whole thing together and that worked well.
The buttons are shell and have a tiny baby carriage etched on ’em.
Speaking of buttons, Ruby asked how I made the buttonholes on Keelan. I cast off 2, then cast on 2 over the cast-off stitches on the next row.
The buttonholes on the Peapod are made by doing a yarn-over, k2tog. Its buttons are smaller, so a smaller buttonhole is in order.
So, I started something new, but I’ll talk about it tomorrow. I’m heading back to work tomorrow, so progress will slow down. Damn.