1. Strandwanderer, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Wollmeise Merino "Pure" in the "Zenzi" colorway on a 3.25 mm (U.S. size 3) needle.

The Shining

This hallway reminds me of the long hallways in the movie The Shining, only uglier. Well, apart from the extremely picturesque dumpster parked in the foreground. Ain’t it special?

hallway102606 The Shining

That is the view standing outside my office suite at work. You can tell we had it professionally decorated, can’t you?

And here’s a still life of my desk early this morning.

desk102606 The Shining

By now you have probably figured out that I got nothing today.

Well, not exactly nothing. I did get my new flyer for my Majacraft Gem (to replace the flyer with the delta orifice) the other day and switched them. Of course, with the new “regular” flyer I need an orifice hook, and the two I have do not fit through this flyer’s orifice. L-B pointed out to me that I could use a crochet hook. she is indeed a clever girl.

My spinning on the Gem is getting better, so I’m a happy girl.

I turned the heel of my first Blue Raspberry sock and am delighted with how prettily this yarn is knitting up.

sip102606 The Shining

And I am well into the sleeve cap of the first sleeve of the denim sweater.

denim102606 The Shining

I’ll finish it tonight and cast on for the second sleeve. I’ve got some secret knitting to do tomorrow night, but I have lots of knitting time planned for this weekend, for I am taking a quick trip out of town and will be on a train Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. This will hopefully make for good progress on the second sleeve. I’m not saying where I’m going, but there will be a good knitting buddy, and there will be yarn shops and there will be kitties!

I’ll not be posting on Sunday, but will be back on Monday.

Happy Birthday, L-B!

Today is another special birthday — the birthday of my friend, Blogless L-B. If you are so inclined, leave her some birthday wishes in my comments!

I know she’s having a good day because her mom is visiting her for a long weekend. Hi, L-B’s Mom! I just want you to know that I, too, am left-handed, and I can knit. I’m just sayin’ . . .

Lucy sez:

lucy102606 The Shining

Thank you for the new toy, Auntie L-B! And purrs to L-B’s Mom!

Comments

1. Ah, government building decor – gotta love it!

Happy Birthday, L-B!

2. Ah, government building decor – gotta love it!

Happy Birthday, L-B!

3. Maybe you can decorate the hallway for the holidays! Happy B-day L-B — hope you get STR for your Bday! Happy visit to L-B’s Mom!!! And, Wendy, happy weekend. Gee, Lucy, get you spend to have the weekend with your Daddy???

4. Maybe you can decorate the hallway for the holidays! Happy B-day L-B — hope you get STR for your Bday! Happy visit to L-B’s Mom!!! And, Wendy, happy weekend. Gee, Lucy, get you spend to have the weekend with your Daddy???

5. Professionally decorated by the criminally insane? That’s what my building looks like. The sock is very cool – I love how the stripes are working out.

6. Professionally decorated by the criminally insane? That’s what my building looks like. The sock is very cool – I love how the stripes are working out.

7. Gorgeous gorgeous edible sock!
    And lookit the expression on Lucy’s face!! hehe

8. Gorgeous gorgeous edible sock!
    And lookit the expression on Lucy’s face!! hehe

9. L-B – a big happy birthday and a hug! And you should really give yourself a blog for your birthday. :-) Hi to your mom – how fun that she came to visit.

Wendy – have a fun weekend and don’t forget to take pictures of the cute kitty!

10. L-B – a big happy birthday and a hug! And you should really give yourself a blog for your birthday. :-) Hi to your mom – how fun that she came to visit.

Wendy – have a fun weekend and don’t forget to take pictures of the cute kitty!

11. LOL! I’ve had a similar “I got nuthin’ for ya” week! I haven’t photographed my cube yet… Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

12. LOL! I’ve had a similar “I got nuthin’ for ya” week! I haven’t photographed my cube yet… Thanks for the inspiration! ;)

13. Happy Birthday L-B!! My three Lucy calendars arrived today. Okay, that’s it! Xmas Shopping done! ::::claps hands::::::: Didja ever notice how bootiful Lucy is?

14. Happy Birthday L-B!! My three Lucy calendars arrived today. Okay, that’s it! Xmas Shopping done! ::::claps hands::::::: Didja ever notice how bootiful Lucy is?

15. I’m a bit disappointed! Tell me you brought some knitting to work. Or some beautiful, finished object to brighten things up over there.

Happy Birthday L-B. Hope your mother has a good visit.

And hope to see some major stash acqusition when you get back, Wendy.

16. I’m a bit disappointed! Tell me you brought some knitting to work. Or some beautiful, finished object to brighten things up over there.

Happy Birthday L-B. Hope your mother has a good visit.

And hope to see some major stash acqusition when you get back, Wendy.

17. Happy Birthday L-B! Hope you have/had a wonderful day!

The mousie is very cute! And speaking of cute, I got my Lucy calendar today and it is a delight! Twelve beautiful pictures of the famous and fabulous Lucy! Order one today, you won’t be disappointed! I didn’t know that the bottoms of her feet are so furry. Very cute indeed! (And sorry about all of the !! I couldn’t help myself! See what I mean?!)

18. Happy Birthday L-B! Hope you have/had a wonderful day!

19. Happy Birthday L-B!!! Very clever to think of the crochet hook for Wendy’s new Gem flyer.

I thought for the price that perhaps it would have come with its own proper hook. I have seen some pretty hooks on Ebay, fyi. Have a great time on your trip!

20. Happy Birthday L-B!!! Very clever to think of the crochet hook for Wendy’s new Gem flyer.

21. I’m a leftie and I knit, too!

22. I’m a leftie and I knit, too!

23. Happy Birthday, L-B! Have a great weekend with your mom!

So, Wendy, what movie was in that Netflix envelope? And how would you rate it?

24. Happy Birthday, L-B! Have a great weekend with your mom!

So, Wendy, what movie was in that Netflix envelope? And how would you rate it?

25. Have a fun and safe trip! I think I worked in that building. If said building has a portal to Dallas.

26. Have a fun and safe trip! I think I worked in that building. If said building has a portal to Dallas.

27. your special pal says:

so, L-B – happiest and healthiest of birthdays! I hope that Wendy will have a safe trip to wherever she’s going –

all the best,
    ysp

28. your special pal says:

all the best,
    ysp

29. Love govie decor, no wonder you’re such a colorful knitter! It’s very interesting how the stripes got a little wider at the heel & toe (shorter rows yes), but makes a gorgeous overall sock. I’m a leftie too!
    Happy Birthday L-B {{Lucy}}

30. Love govie decor, no wonder you’re such a colorful knitter! It’s very interesting how the stripes got a little wider at the heel & toe (shorter rows yes), but makes a gorgeous overall sock. I’m a leftie too!
    Happy Birthday L-B {{Lucy}}

31. REDRUM…. REDRUM !!!

Happy B-Day L-B!!!!

32. REDRUM…. REDRUM !!!

Happy B-Day L-B!!!!

33. Congrats on another year, L-B! How about telling us how you met, Wendy, since you guys are so close? Story time! :)

34. Congrats on another year, L-B! How about telling us how you met, Wendy, since you guys are so close? Story time! :)

35. Delurking to say Happy Birthday L-B!
    Both my mother and brother are left-handed knitters. Power to the lefties!

36. Delurking to say Happy Birthday L-B!
    Both my mother and brother are left-handed knitters. Power to the lefties!

37. Hi Wendy – nice sock! Happy Birthday L-B! And happy visit to L-B’s Mom. I’m a left handed knitter as well. :)

38. Hi Wendy – nice sock! Happy Birthday L-B! And happy visit to L-B’s Mom. I’m a left handed knitter as well. :)

39. Lucy has the “DE-Troit Lean” (as my mom used to say) that my Pippin does too! It’s where the kitty’s crouched down and has one front paw tucked under themselves and the other one is sort of paw-pad-on-the-floor with their “elbow” bent. At least it looks like that’s what it looks like Lucy’s doing.
    Yay for kitties being cute.

40. Lucy has the “DE-Troit Lean” (as my mom used to say) that my Pippin does too! It’s where the kitty’s crouched down and has one front paw tucked under themselves and the other one is sort of paw-pad-on-the-floor with their “elbow” bent. At least it looks like that’s what it looks like Lucy’s doing.
    Yay for kitties being cute.

41. Happy birthday L-B. October is the best month.
    Cate (Oct.14)

42. Happy birthday L-B. October is the best month.
    Cate (Oct.14)

43. I am leftie too, and I knit too. By the way, how do you get your sleeve BO row and first decrease row to match so smoothly (no stair steps)? Lucy, you are just to cute to be real!

44. I am leftie too, and I knit too. By the way, how do you get your sleeve BO row and first decrease row to match so smoothly (no stair steps)? Lucy, you are just to cute to be real!

45. Happy Birthday L-B! I hope you have a most wonderful day!

46. Happy Birthday L-B! I hope you have a most wonderful day!

47. I’m left handed – and I taught myself to knit with borrowed needles, the internet as my guide, and you as my inspiration, Wendy!

48. I’m left handed – and I taught myself to knit with borrowed needles, the internet as my guide, and you as my inspiration, Wendy!

49. Happy Birthday L-B!

50. Happy Birthday L-B!

51. what did you rent from Netflix?

52. what did you rent from Netflix?

53. Happy Birthday L-B!! Hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Have fun on your mini vacay Wendy!

54. Happy Birthday L-B!! Hope all your birthday wishes come true!

Have fun on your mini vacay Wendy!

55. Oh, you are the mysterious type! :)

56. Oh, you are the mysterious type! :)

57. I was just thinking of L-B! Happy birthday!! Miss you; hope to see you soon!

58. I was just thinking of L-B! Happy birthday!! Miss you; hope to see you soon!

59. our agency (in downtown dc) had bright orange flooring. it looked like perpetual sunset. then we had a flood in june. so they replaced it with bright red flooring. now it looks like hell.

60. our agency (in downtown dc) had bright orange flooring. it looked like perpetual sunset. then we had a flood in june. so they replaced it with bright red flooring. now it looks like hell.

61. Yeah, uh…left-handers can knit up a storm. Let there be no doubt about that!

Happy birthday, L-B!

Wendy, it’s a good thing you don’t have creepy topiary animals at work. Or do you?

62. Yeah, uh…left-handers can knit up a storm. Let there be no doubt about that!

Happy birthday, L-B!

63. Have you seen the orifice hooks that Sheila Ernst creates? Check them out at http://www.glasspens.com They are totally awesome.

64. Have you seen the orifice hooks that Sheila Ernst creates? Check them out at http://www.glasspens.com They are totally awesome.

65. Happy Birthday, L-B!

66. Happy Birthday, L-B!

67. Celtic Swan makes spinner’s hooks too. Molly will custom size them if you have an unusually sized orifice (that sounds kinda weird, but you know what I mean). Have a great time!

68. Celtic Swan makes spinner’s hooks too. Molly will custom size them if you have an unusually sized orifice (that sounds kinda weird, but you know what I mean). Have a great time!

69. anne marie in philly says:

happy birthday to the famous L-B!

oooooh, taking the train somewhere….I just did that (philly-williamsburg-philly) 10/14-21. if you heard screaming coming from the alexandria station, it was me saying hi as I passed thru.

and yes, I did knit on the train both ways – I cannot read on anything moving and sometimes other knitters will stop and have a conversation with you.

govt chic decor – reminds me of HUD and EDU….so glad not to be working there any more (does happy dance).

will await the next posting by ordering lucy stuff (her pix is COMMANDING me to do it…must do what lucy says).

70. anne marie in philly says:

happy birthday to the famous L-B!

71. I love how the Blue Raspberry yarn is sriping, very cute. My son is a leftie and he knits. Happy Birthday L-B.
    Have a good weekends knitting.

72. I love how the Blue Raspberry yarn is sriping, very cute. My son is a leftie and he knits. Happy Birthday L-B.
    Have a good weekends knitting.

73. Happy birthday L-B … have fun with your Mom too.

Wendy, I hadn’t yet realized you are left-handed. No wonder the fondess (one lefty to another).

And I love Lucy’s new toy … schweeet!

Have a great weekend trip.

~firefly

74. Happy birthday L-B … have fun with your Mom too.

And I love Lucy’s new toy … schweeet!

Have a great weekend trip.

~firefly

75. Happy birthday L-B. Have fun.

76. Happy birthday L-B. Have fun.

77. I hope your birthday celebration is on-going so I can say Happy B-day, L-B, and may you have many more happy and healthy years. Waves to the L-B mom and wishes to Wendy to have a great weekend.

78. I hope your birthday celebration is on-going so I can say Happy B-day, L-B, and may you have many more happy and healthy years. Waves to the L-B mom and wishes to Wendy to have a great weekend.

79. Heh, it does look like the hotel halls in The Shining!

Happy Birthday L-B! Have a wonderful weekend with your Mom.

80. Heh, it does look like the hotel halls in The Shining!

Happy Birthday L-B! Have a wonderful weekend with your Mom.

81. I don’t use an orifice hook after a nasty thigh and hook incident one time. I push the end bit of the wool into the top of the orifice and lean over and apply a quick suction onto the orifice and zip, there is the end. Of course one time in a sheep to shawl someone asked me if I kissed my wheel for good luck.

82. I don’t use an orifice hook after a nasty thigh and hook incident one time. I push the end bit of the wool into the top of the orifice and lean over and apply a quick suction onto the orifice and zip, there is the end. Of course one time in a sheep to shawl someone asked me if I kissed my wheel for good luck.

83. Happy Birthday to L-B! I do love that gov decor.

84. Happy Birthday to L-B! I do love that gov decor.

85. Oh, you know…I have a couple of Majacraft wheels and use the old fashioned (non Delta) orifice. When I do use a hook, I have a GORGEOUS one made by Sheila & Michael Ernst http://www.glasspens.com/ Hey, if you are coming to Stitches East, right over there in Bal’mer, she is going to be there, right up the aisle from me!

86. Oh, you know…I have a couple of Majacraft wheels and use the old fashioned (non Delta) orifice. When I do use a hook, I have a GORGEOUS one made by Sheila & Michael Ernst http://www.glasspens.com/ Hey, if you are coming to Stitches East, right over there in Bal’mer, she is going to be there, right up the aisle from me!

87. Good Gawd!! Do you ever work late?? Where you walk out of your office and you’re the only one there?? I can almost hear the creepy background music….

::: shiver :::

Good pic, btw, just in time for Halloween!
    :D

88. Good Gawd!! Do you ever work late?? Where you walk out of your office and you’re the only one there?? I can almost hear the creepy background music….

::: shiver :::

Good pic, btw, just in time for Halloween!
    :D

89. LB:
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to You
    Happy Birthday
    Happy Birthday
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    and many more!

Wendy,
    Have a safe and wonderful trip this weekend.
    Love to Lucy!

90. LB:
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to You
    Happy Birthday
    Happy Birthday
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    and many more!

Wendy,
    Have a safe and wonderful trip this weekend.
    Love to Lucy!

91. the socks are loverly i have a finished sock on my blog too
    and happy birthday l-b
    hi lucy

92. the socks are loverly i have a finished sock on my blog too
    and happy birthday l-b
    hi lucy

93. Happy Birthday LB and Hi to LB’s mom.

Beautiful sock Wendy, enjoy your trip.

94. Happy Birthday LB and Hi to LB’s mom.

Beautiful sock Wendy, enjoy your trip.

95. Hi,everyone! Blogless L-B & her Mom here! Thanks for the birthday wishes and greetings for Mom! Makes her first airplane trip in over 10 years worthwhile! Now, if only I can convince her she can knit.All you lefties out there have encouraged her! Yes,Nancy J, I did get STR for my birthday—in Rocktober! Perfect for an October b’day! And Mom is a Nancy,too!

96. Hi,everyone! Blogless L-B & her Mom here! Thanks for the birthday wishes and greetings for Mom! Makes her first airplane trip in over 10 years worthwhile! Now, if only I can convince her she can knit.All you lefties out there have encouraged her! Yes,Nancy J, I did get STR for my birthday—in Rocktober! Perfect for an October b’day! And Mom is a Nancy,too!

97. anonymous says:

This’ll sound stupid, but ‘blue rasberry’ anything weirds me out, because my mind screams, “It’s not RASBERRY!” However, don’t take this personally. My mind needs serious counseling.

98. anonymous says:

99. Happy B-Day, Blogless L-B! I’m blogless too! I’d start a club for blogless ones, but, um, where?
    Happy blogless L-B-day! Sure is great to have a blogging friend who invites well-wishers to share the joy!
    Your exciting hallway shot reminds me of my days interning at the State Dept. Ahhh, government buildings. Just incite one to… sleep.

100. Happy B-Day, Blogless L-B! I’m blogless too! I’d start a club for blogless ones, but, um, where?