1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

Tuesday Miscellany

Judy has posted a photo of her very alluring laceweight yarn on her blog. Go see!

Susan has posted a new shawl pattern for sale that is downright gorgeous. Go see! Yes, I’ve already bought it. Yes, I might even knit the nupps. icon wink Tuesday Miscellany

I finished my Ben socks:

bensocks040307 Tuesday Miscellany

These socks are knit from Zen String Serendipity sock yarn in the “Ben” colorway. The moment I started knitting with this yarn I fell in love with it. I went back and snagged a couple more skeins of it from The Loopy Ewe before Sheri sold out of it. So I can make more Serendipity socks — yay!

I used a US 2 needle on this sportweight yarn, and got a decent-sized pair of socks out of one skein.

I started another sock.

sip040307 Tuesday Miscellany

This is Crystal Palace Panda Cotton in the “Fern” colorway. It’s a blend of bamboo, cotton, and nylon, and I bought enough for a pair of socks (2 skeins) from The Loopy Ewe when Sheri started carrying it. I checked the ball band and the stated gauge is 6/7 sts/inch on a size 1 – 2.5 US needle. Okay, time to swatch. I started with a US 1 needle and was surprised to find that I got 8 stitches to the inch! So I’m knitting this sock on US 1 needles at 8 stitches to the inch. It’s interesting so far.

sip040307a Tuesday Miscellany

The yarn is constructed of many plies and I really had to watch it while picking up my wraps on my short-row toe. So much so that I got a little dis-enchanted with the yarn. I was afraid it was going to be very splitty. But once I got past the toe and started working in the round, things were fine. I’ve not had any problem with stitches splitting.

The resulting knitted fabric is very soft and quite stretchy. I’ll be very interested in how these socks feel on the foot!

My Current Big Project

Still not ready to show you a pic. Still deciding whether it is gorgeous or hideous. I may never know. icon wink Tuesday Miscellany

Here’s a hint.

labels040307 Tuesday Miscellany

Can you guess what it is?

Here’s another hint.

project040307 Tuesday Miscellany

How about now?

Lucy Sez

lucy040307 Tuesday Miscellany

“Please do not disturb my nap. I’ve had a rough day of lying around.”

Time Marches On

Getting old sucks. I got my glasses today.

wendy040307 Tuesday Miscellany

But now I am no longer a danger on the roads!

Comments

1. Did you pick up the log cabin sock blanket again?

I love your socks

2. Did you pick up the log cabin sock blanket again?

I love your socks

3. Did you pick up the log cabin sock blanket again?

I love your socks

4. Did you pick up the log cabin sock blanket again?

I love your socks

5. Shirley, in PA says:

You look good in your glasses! I like your hair short too. So is that a mitered square peeking out – are you going to make a blanket?

6. Shirley, in PA says:

7. Shirley, in PA says:

8. Shirley, in PA says:

9. 1. Panda Cotton socks are SO comfortable. I predict you will want to make more.

2. I agree with Jenniffer – you’re working on your sock blanket.

3. Glasses look very cute.

4. Lucy looks very cute, too. :-)

10. 1. Panda Cotton socks are SO comfortable. I predict you will want to make more.

2. I agree with Jenniffer – you’re working on your sock blanket.

3. Glasses look very cute.

4. Lucy looks very cute, too. :-)

11. 1. Panda Cotton socks are SO comfortable. I predict you will want to make more.

2. I agree with Jenniffer – you’re working on your sock blanket.

3. Glasses look very cute.

4. Lucy looks very cute, too. :-)

12. 1. Panda Cotton socks are SO comfortable. I predict you will want to make more.

2. I agree with Jenniffer – you’re working on your sock blanket.

3. Glasses look very cute.

4. Lucy looks very cute, too. :-)

13. Ooooh! Looks like a mitered square afghan out of sock yarn? (In addition to the Log Cabin?)
    I see a couple of Fleece Artist labels, one from Cabin Cove, a Koigu KPPPM, a few more that I can’t make out (maybe I need to borrow those new glasses…)
    BTW-Glasses look great!

14. Ooooh! Looks like a mitered square afghan out of sock yarn? (In addition to the Log Cabin?)
    BTW-Glasses look great!

15. Ooooh! Looks like a mitered square afghan out of sock yarn? (In addition to the Log Cabin?)
    BTW-Glasses look great!

16. Ooooh! Looks like a mitered square afghan out of sock yarn? (In addition to the Log Cabin?)
    BTW-Glasses look great!

17. I’m going to guess a mitered square blanket- all the rage right now. I’m making one too!

18. I’m going to guess a mitered square blanket- all the rage right now. I’m making one too!

19. I’m going to guess a mitered square blanket- all the rage right now. I’m making one too!

20. I’m going to guess a mitered square blanket- all the rage right now. I’m making one too!

21. Wendy- The new specs really suit you. It’ll be nice to see other drivers.
    Where I come from Nupp is a four-letter-word. It really is a pretty shawl though.

22. Wendy- The new specs really suit you. It’ll be nice to see other drivers.

23. Wendy- The new specs really suit you. It’ll be nice to see other drivers.

24. Wendy- The new specs really suit you. It’ll be nice to see other drivers.

25. I agree with the others that it’s a mitered something from the Painter’s Palette. I bet it will be really cool.

Love the glasses… need to get my rx adjusted.

26. I agree with the others that it’s a mitered something from the Painter’s Palette. I bet it will be really cool.

Love the glasses… need to get my rx adjusted.

27. I agree with the others that it’s a mitered something from the Painter’s Palette. I bet it will be really cool.

Love the glasses… need to get my rx adjusted.

28. I agree with the others that it’s a mitered something from the Painter’s Palette. I bet it will be really cool.

Love the glasses… need to get my rx adjusted.

29. Ooh, you’re hair looks great!

30. Ooh, you’re hair looks great!

31. Ooh, you’re hair looks great!

32. Ooh, you’re hair looks great!

33. Your new glasses look fab! As someone who has worn specs since the age of 12, I have little sympathy for you. :)

Great looking socks!

34. Your new glasses look fab! As someone who has worn specs since the age of 12, I have little sympathy for you. :)

Great looking socks!

35. Your new glasses look fab! As someone who has worn specs since the age of 12, I have little sympathy for you. :)

Great looking socks!

36. Your new glasses look fab! As someone who has worn specs since the age of 12, I have little sympathy for you. :)

Great looking socks!

37. I’m on board with the popular opinion – a mitered square “leftovers” blanket.

38. I’m on board with the popular opinion – a mitered square “leftovers” blanket.

39. I’m on board with the popular opinion – a mitered square “leftovers” blanket.

40. I’m on board with the popular opinion – a mitered square “leftovers” blanket.

41. I’ll guess a Crayon Box Jacket. Maybe a blanket?

42. I’ll guess a Crayon Box Jacket. Maybe a blanket?

43. I’ll guess a Crayon Box Jacket. Maybe a blanket?

44. I’ll guess a Crayon Box Jacket. Maybe a blanket?

45. All I can think of is a mitred square blanket.

Those glasses look good on you, by the way!

46. All I can think of is a mitred square blanket.

Those glasses look good on you, by the way!

47. All I can think of is a mitred square blanket.

Those glasses look good on you, by the way!

48. All I can think of is a mitred square blanket.

Those glasses look good on you, by the way!

49. I too am guessing a blanket with mitered squares made from sock yarn left over from previous projects. It’s good that Lucy rests her leg.

50. I too am guessing a blanket with mitered squares made from sock yarn left over from previous projects. It’s good that Lucy rests her leg.

51. I too am guessing a blanket with mitered squares made from sock yarn left over from previous projects. It’s good that Lucy rests her leg.

52. I too am guessing a blanket with mitered squares made from sock yarn left over from previous projects. It’s good that Lucy rests her leg.

53. Good choice on the rimless glasses. Welcome to the 40s, when your eyes and other body parts start to need (deferred) maintenance!

Lovely green mitered triangle, whatever it grows up to be – there’s Fleece Artist in those yarn bands, which will be yummy as anything. I really like the shades of blues/greens and browns in the Ben socks.

BTW – you haven’t updated us on the volume of sock yarn in the stash; one quarter of the year is past already….

54. Good choice on the rimless glasses. Welcome to the 40s, when your eyes and other body parts start to need (deferred) maintenance!

55. Good choice on the rimless glasses. Welcome to the 40s, when your eyes and other body parts start to need (deferred) maintenance!

56. Good choice on the rimless glasses. Welcome to the 40s, when your eyes and other body parts start to need (deferred) maintenance!

57. I really :heart: that ben colourway

58. I really :heart: that ben colourway

59. I really :heart: that ben colourway

60. I really :heart: that ben colourway

61. I love the new glasses… cant wait t see the new big project!!

62. I love the new glasses… cant wait t see the new big project!!

63. I love the new glasses… cant wait t see the new big project!!

64. I love the new glasses… cant wait t see the new big project!!

65. Thanks for the shout out. Looks to me like you’re knitting socks for an elephant. Am I close??

66. Thanks for the shout out. Looks to me like you’re knitting socks for an elephant. Am I close??

67. Thanks for the shout out. Looks to me like you’re knitting socks for an elephant. Am I close??

68. Thanks for the shout out. Looks to me like you’re knitting socks for an elephant. Am I close??

69. Wendy, I like the glasses. You look very scholarly. Plus, nupps! I love that word. You’re a nupp-knitter. heh

70. Wendy, I like the glasses. You look very scholarly. Plus, nupps! I love that word. You’re a nupp-knitter. heh

71. Wendy, I like the glasses. You look very scholarly. Plus, nupps! I love that word. You’re a nupp-knitter. heh

72. Wendy, I like the glasses. You look very scholarly. Plus, nupps! I love that word. You’re a nupp-knitter. heh

73. Castiron says:

I also had some initial trouble getting the Panda Cotton started because of the plies separating, and I don’t recommend knitting it in the dark, but overall the knitting went smoothly, and I love the finished socks. I definitely plan to buy more.

74. Castiron says:

75. Castiron says:

76. Castiron says:

77. I like those frames. Barely notice them. I keep saying I am going to get Lasik. We shall see.

78. I like those frames. Barely notice them. I keep saying I am going to get Lasik. We shall see.

79. I like those frames. Barely notice them. I keep saying I am going to get Lasik. We shall see.

80. I like those frames. Barely notice them. I keep saying I am going to get Lasik. We shall see.

81. Wendy,
    your glasses are cool and you look good wearing them! The Ben socks are lovely and I like the Panda cotton colourway of your new socks.
    umm, your new project looks like it could be a mitred afghan of some kind, perhaps?
    good to know Lucy is taking life easy.

82. Wendy,
    good to know Lucy is taking life easy.

83. Wendy,
    good to know Lucy is taking life easy.

84. Wendy,
    good to know Lucy is taking life easy.

85. Can’t tell what the secret project is, but man, that corner is gorgeous!

86. Can’t tell what the secret project is, but man, that corner is gorgeous!

87. Can’t tell what the secret project is, but man, that corner is gorgeous!

88. Can’t tell what the secret project is, but man, that corner is gorgeous!

89. How did you ever manage to go BACK and order more Zen String? Boy you are good! I check her site every day and when something like that goes in, it’s only there for about an hour or two before it’s gone! And of course all the colors I like go first :)
    I really want to get some of the Bart And Louise.

90. How did you ever manage to go BACK and order more Zen String? Boy you are good! I check her site every day and when something like that goes in, it’s only there for about an hour or two before it’s gone! And of course all the colors I like go first :)
    I really want to get some of the Bart And Louise.

91. How did you ever manage to go BACK and order more Zen String? Boy you are good! I check her site every day and when something like that goes in, it’s only there for about an hour or two before it’s gone! And of course all the colors I like go first :)
    I really want to get some of the Bart And Louise.

92. How did you ever manage to go BACK and order more Zen String? Boy you are good! I check her site every day and when something like that goes in, it’s only there for about an hour or two before it’s gone! And of course all the colors I like go first :)
    I really want to get some of the Bart And Louise.

93. Hey, stop running yourself down – you look good in those glasses!

94. Hey, stop running yourself down – you look good in those glasses!

95. Hey, stop running yourself down – you look good in those glasses!

96. Hey, stop running yourself down – you look good in those glasses!

97. I’ll look forward to your report on the Crystal Palace Panda Cotton. I see so far the comments on your blog are positive about it. Soon (hopefully) it will be too warm to wear wool socks.

I think your working on a shawl in Fleece Artist.

Your glasses look good. The getting old thing is a pain. I’ve worn glasses for distance for years. I was always able to look at the computer w/them & read/knit. Now they’re off & on all the time. Knit have to take them off, want to see anything afar put them back on … over & over again.

98. I’ll look forward to your report on the Crystal Palace Panda Cotton. I see so far the comments on your blog are positive about it. Soon (hopefully) it will be too warm to wear wool socks.

I think your working on a shawl in Fleece Artist.

99. I’ll look forward to your report on the Crystal Palace Panda Cotton. I see so far the comments on your blog are positive about it. Soon (hopefully) it will be too warm to wear wool socks.

I think your working on a shawl in Fleece Artist.

100. I’ll look forward to your report on the Crystal Palace Panda Cotton. I see so far the comments on your blog are positive about it. Soon (hopefully) it will be too warm to wear wool socks.

I think your working on a shawl in Fleece Artist.