1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Back from Stitches

Sorry, almost no photos of Stitches. It was all I could do to drag myself around, let alone think about pulling my camera out of my bag.

But I had a great time and covered the market pretty darn thoroughly, considering I way over-estimated my physical abilities. Saturday was definitely a highlight — L-B and I met up with Daisy and Jill for breakfast, and then later in the market, blogless Linda joined us. Much hilarity and yarn acquisition ensued.

Here is the only picture I actually took at Stitches:

1571623926 41aa206b47 m Back from Stitches

Stitches Insanity 101407

L-B is on the phone with Neuroknitter while Linda, clutching L-B’s new alpaca teddy bear, has her foot up on the table, showing us the fun socks she is wearing.

(See what party girls we are?)

Which reminds me, I finished the Butterfly socks.

1571622222 8853aacd87 m Back from Stitches

Butterfly Socks 101407

The close-up:

1571622716 64591f087f m Back from Stitches

Butterfly Socks Close-up 101407

To recap, this is Cherry Tree Hill solid sock yarn in “pink” knit on a 2mm needle.

I did take a couple of photos on the train coming home.

1571621672 a57cde033a m Back from Stitches

Alpaca Bear 101407

I almost kidnapped that little guy from L-B. And here’s L-B’s foot encased in her L-Bee sock:

1571623192 c31c42bc04 m Back from Stitches

L-Bee sock on Train 101407

(Never expect me to accurately photograph an event.)
So I got home at noon today. Now I’m doing laundry and trying to make sure I’m all set for surgery tomorrow. I think I’m ready. All bills are paid through the end of the month. All friends who might even have considered sending flowers have been asked not to — Lucy would just shred and eat ‘em and make a mess for me to clean up. I’ve got plenty of bottled water and diet soda. And chocolate.

The KOARC will post here at some point tomorrow to let you know I survived and am being a lousy patient. icon wink Back from Stitches

Lucy sez:

1570733141 73ea715895 m Back from Stitches

Lucy 101407

“My daddy took awfully good care of me, but it’s nice to have my Momma home too!”

Comments

1. Wishing you well on your surgery Wendy! I’m sure Lucy will be a good helper when you are recovering :)

2. Best wishes for your surgery tomorrow! Hope all goes well and your recovery is smooth. :)

3. Good Luck! I wish you a speedy recovery. ~x~

4. Welcome home! Just love the new socks (sorry, I always say that). Looks like you had a well deserved good time. My best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery. x

5. Best wishes on the upcoming surgery. Glad you have things under control and have plenty of things that will make you happy during the recovery period. I know Lucy will enjoy taking care of her momma… And, thank you in advance to KOARC for letting us all know how things went… : )

6. Raye in NY (mother of the other jan 2nd Wendy) says:

Wendy,
    We wish you much success, little or no pain, much needed relief, and a very speedy recovery! I’m sure Ms. Lucy and the KOARC will take good care of you.
    Hugs,
    Raye and the other Wendy

7. Hope everything goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery xx

8. First, Wendy, thank you for the sock yarn and pattern (I was one of the winners of your guess-the-number-of-socks contest). I will put them both to good use. Second, may you spend the minimum number of days in the hospital and may your surgery be a rousing success!

Sue C.

9. Good luck on the surgery. You will be in my prayers for a quick recovery and that the surgeryalleviates your pain.

10. Perry P and I wish you a successful surgery. You will be in our thoughts tomorrow. Thanks in advance to KOARC and Lucy for keeping us posted on your condition.

11. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

Hoping all goes well with your surgery tomorrow Wendy and wishing you a speedy recovery.
    It appears you’ll be well taken care of by nurse Lucy. :) Kristi

12. you’ll feel so much better. really

13. Best of luck with everything, I will certainly be thinking about you and sending healing thoughts. I did not make it to Stitches and I enjoyed reading about your trip. I look forward to seeing your stash enhancement photos once you are well on the road to recovery.

14. Billy and I will both be thinking about you tomorrow.

xo

15. I’m glad you had a good time, even if it wasn’t easy – I dragged around towards the end of the day, too – then got up this a.m. to do a 5-mile walk! (Next year – one or the other, but not both, if they are on the same weekend again!)

I hope your surgery and recovery go well. Everyone at our house will keep a good thought for you.

16. I wish you the easiest, most successful surgery ever, with the least pain/discomfort, and fastest healing ever seen.

Sounds like Stitches was fun.

17. Take care and think knitting thoughts. I am sending good thoughts your way.

18. Good luck tomorrow!

19. Keeping a good thought for you and your recovery.

20. Good luck tomorrow!

21. Wendy, best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

The Butterfly socks are beautiful. As soon as you’re better, I’m going to start up my high-pitched whining for a Wendy Sock Book again. :)

22. I’ll be sending you successful surgery and healthy back thoughts tomorrow morning. It’s going to feel so much better when this is all over! Thanks in advance to KOARC for keeping us all updated :)

23. I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow and your back recovers well. Sending healing thoughts your way.

24. Wendy, I’ll add my voice to the resounding chorus here: Best wishes for successful surgery, rapid healing and a pain-free back forever after!

25. Best of luck to you Wendy. It will all be over before you know it! And just think about all that “at-home” time to knit!

26. Good Luck with the surgery and wishes for a speedy recovery.

27. Good luck with your surgery, Wendy! Chez NK will be sending you healthy healing vibes…with special oomph from Gibson!

Hi Linda!!! Hi L-B!!! (waving madly)!!!!! :)

28. Best wishes, sweetie! Get well quick. We love you and will miss you. Take it easy. Smooches.

29. Dearest Lucy, Please make sure Mommie has all that she needs with her tomorrow and that she has gotten everything you need for the next couple weeks. Daddie is a good guy, but Mommies know pussybusses best … We know that you and KOARC will take good care of Momnie. Love, Nikki Cat and his person Nancy

30. Wendy- sending you best wishes on your surgery-will keep you in my thoughts tomorrow! Lucy is such a delight!

31. Good luck tomorrow! Hopefully someone makes you a lovely yarn bouquet like I got while I was in the hospital – way better than flowers. :)

32. Good luck on your surgery. Be sure they give you The Good Drugs.

33. Wendy,

All the very best thoughts are coming at you regarding your surgery tomorrow. My bad boys Billy and Neil send love to you and to Lucy. She will certainly give you extra love and support. Advance thanks to KOARC for giving us news of your surgery.

34. Wendy-hope this doesn’t go thru twice I’m having trouble sending it! But I want to send my best wishes for surgery and know that you will be in my thoughts tomorrow! And lucy is just adorable!

35. Shirley, in PA says:

Best of luck for tomorrow. I hope your recovery goes smoothly too.

36. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow, and wishing you a speedy recovery. Thank the KOARC for letting us know how you’ll be doing, we will all appreciate it. Thinking good thoughts for you.

37. Good healing vibes being sent through the ether. I suspect that waking up with non-nerve pain might even be a relief.

38. Good luck with the op!
    Hx

39. Best wishes for the surgery!

40. Sincerest best wishes, Wendy, for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

41. I had surgery on Friday, but alas did not prep my apartment with chocolate. I should have had your forethought. I do have ice cream though.

I hope your surgery goes smoothly, and that whatever your pain medication of choice is, that it works to the fullest and leaves you pain-free and able to focus on relaxing and recovery. Take care.

42. Only positive thoughts in your direction regarding the upcoming surgery.

My kitty thought it was pretty cool to have me at home keeping the bed warm for her after my surgery a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, she didn’t think my being up and around after that was a positive. She is still in the throw-herself-down-at-my-feet-so-I’ll-pet-her phase, but it’s OK – I enjoy the only-you-can-pet-me-properly admiration, too.

Best wishes.

43. Aussie Rosemary says:

All the best,Wendy. I will be thinking of you.

44. Sending good thoughts and healing vibes your way. May you soon be pain-free, and back to your spunky, knitting self. (Knowing there was chocolate at home waiting for me would get me home safely and in record time. Let the chocolate-stashed-at-home magic do its best work.)

45. I’d say “Good Luck” but it seems that there should be no “luck” involved with such a surgery. Not unless we were still in medival times. So, I’ll say “Those Doctors better show you just how great their education was and what all those years of practice have done for their talent!”

Yeah I’m lame. Hope the surgery is a success. =)

46. Go forth and conquer that surgery! And then recuperate with knitting, chocolate, KOARC, and of course Lucy.

47. Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! Hope you are feeling better no time. I’ll have you in my thoughts tomorrow!

48. best wishes for a smooth surgery and speedy recovery! lots of

49. good wishes from KY!

50. …just a devoted reader wishing you a speedy recovery.

Bestest!

51. We’ll all be thinking of you Wendy – and sending you healing thoughts for a speedy recovery.
    May you rest well while you recover – and allow yourself to be totally pampered.

((hugs))

52. Good luck tomorrow! I’ll be thinking of you. I kept my eyes peeled for you yesterday but didn’t see you! I wanted to tell you that Katarina is settling right in and we are getting along great. Take care! Eat lots of chocolate (but not after midnight!)!

53. Will be holding you in my thoughts
    Hope it all goes well and you don’t feel too groggy

54. All the best for tomorrow. Take care.

55. Good vibes on your surgery. I look forward to seeing the report from the KOARC tomorrow.

56. The very best of luck tomorrow. I’ll say a prayer and will be thinking about you.

57. Leslie - knitting therapist says:

Best wishes on the surgery, Wendy. I’m sure all will be well. Don’t be brave with the pain meds – people heal faster when they are not in pain. All kind thoughts to you.

58. good luck tomorrow!

59. Best wishes! Hope you’re good as new when you’ve recovered!

60. Good Luck tomorrow!! You’ll be feeling like Supergirl before you know it!!

61. Good luck and heal quickly! As you can see, many of us are thinking of you and sending various kind of good vibes in your direction.

62. Best of luck with your surgery. You know we’ll all be sending good thoughts your way.

63. Wendy in Cambridge says:

All best wishes for your surgery, Wendy. I know Lucy and the KOARC will take very good care of you!

64. wishing you and a quick recovery!

65. Good luck with your surgery. I’m sure it will be a great feeling (in a way) to have it behind you after tomorrow – and just recovery from surgery will be left.
    Best of luck in surgery and during your recovery. …

66. I’ll be thinking of you, and hoping the nurses are nice!

67. Wish you all the best for the surgery, Wendy! I am sure you’ll be back here soon, and look forward to it!

68. You got the important photos as far as I was concerned. You’ve outed L-B! I hope you’re surgery goes well. My sister-in-law is about three weeks out from back surgery and she is living proof that it works. Her foot isn’t numb, her back doesn’t hurt. OK, the surgery site still hurts, and she is still pretty tired, but she says it beats the before-surgery thing. So good luck!

69. Wishing you the best! Take care of yourself!

70. Good Luck Wendy, I will send thoughts of healing and well being your way.

71. Mary Ellen says:

Lots and lots of positive vibes coming your way!! Here’s to a really speedy, flawless recovery!

72. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. I know you will be happy to have this behind you and recover with lots of TLC from Lucy and KOARC. Be well!

73. Good luck on your surgery!!

74. Kathy Wert says:

Very best wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery. Remember to think of some lovely thought just as you are given the anesthesia. Can’t hurt and might help.

75. Sending you lots of wishes for a good result and a fast recovery. It is difficult not to overdo when you get home, but let Lucy and the KOARC coddle you till you are really well.

76. Hope everything goes wonderfully tomorrow – best of luck!

77. You will be in my thoughts all day tomorrow. I am sure things will go well and you will be up and running in no time! Good luck!

78. Just think how wonderful you’ll feel after tomorrow!

The P-Man and I will be thinking of you and wishing you a very successful surgery, no pain and a swift recovery!

As long as you have Lucy, the KORAC, Diet Yoke and chocolate, all will be well!

79. Good luck tomorrow! I’ll be thinking about you.

80. Good luck with the surgery. I hope it’s fast and painfree and that you’re up and about with yarn and needles again soon.

81. Glad to hear you had a great weekend (how could you not, with L-B around?!)!!

Best wishes for a very successful surgery tomorrow, and for a speedy and full recovery!

82. Here is to wishing that your surgery is successful and your recovery is easier than anticipated. I hope you suggested to all of those that would have sent flowers that a bouquet of yarn would be much appreciated. I will be thinking of you!

83. dee near Berkeley says:

Lucy,

Make sure you and KOARC take the bestest care of your Momma. We know that *you* are the very best thing for her, as long as you lie next to her and don’t jostle the bed. She might hurt some. Give her lots of kitty kisses (when she’s awake) and purr lots, too. That’s the best medicine in the world. Ask our Mama; she’ll tell you. Anyway, it’s us blue-eyed girls who do things best.

Love, the Blue Eyed Girls near Berkeley – Sapphire, Chessie, and Phoebe

Wendy,

From a fellow sufferer of back issues, may the surgery go perfectly, may the pain be nil, may the success of it all be over the top. I’m wishing the very best for you. You are in my prayers.

dee

84. Best of luck tomorrow. I’ll be thinking of you.

85. E. Engman says:

Best of luck tomorrow. You’ll be in all of our thoughts and prayers.
    LizE

86. Kate-the-enabler says:

Just adding my well wishes to the rest – a smooth surgery and a flawless recovery…looking forward to reading the KOARC’s report, and to having you back blogging soon.

87. Wishing you all the best tomorrow. Hope you are up and about and feeling much better soon. Will keep you in my thoughts.

88. Best wishes for a smooth surgery and a super speedy recovery.

89. Wish you all the best for your surgery & a speedy recovery. Will miss reading your blog – take care!

90. Wendy, you’ll be in my thoughts tomorrow. I hope all goes well.

91. I know there are lots of good thoughts being sent your way. Let me add my voice-best wishes on your surgery and speedy recovery!

92. GOING TO STITCHES WAS A Perfect WAY TO KEEP YOUR MIND BUSY BEFORE TOMORROW.Good luck with a speedy recovery.

93. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I’m sure your family will take wonderful care of you. Take it easy and please don’t overdo.

94. Good luck with the surgery! I’ll keep you in my thoughts tomorrow.

95. Nothing but good thoughts heading your way.

96. Good wishes are being sent your way – may your surgery be short and swift and as painless as possible and may the same be said of your recovery.

97. I will be sending the best of thoughts your way.
    I know everyone will take the best of care of you as you recuperate.
    Lucy’s picture today is stunning.

98. Best of luck with the surgery. I hope it is successful and your recovery short and smooth!

99. I’ll be sending good thoughts your way tomorrow from Spokane!! Hope all goes well.

100. Hey, Wendy. Sending good thoughts your way.

Best wishes from Minneapolis.