Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Back from Stitches

Sorry, almost no photos of Stitches. It was all I could do to drag myself around, let alone think about pulling my camera out of my bag.

But I had a great time and covered the market pretty darn thoroughly, considering I way over-estimated my physical abilities. Saturday was definitely a highlight — L-B and I met up with Daisy and Jill for breakfast, and then later in the market, blogless Linda joined us. Much hilarity and yarn acquisition ensued.

Here is the only picture I actually took at Stitches:

1571623926 41aa206b47 m Back from Stitches

Stitches Insanity 101407

L-B is on the phone with Neuroknitter while Linda, clutching L-B’s new alpaca teddy bear, has her foot up on the table, showing us the fun socks she is wearing.

(See what party girls we are?)

Which reminds me, I finished the Butterfly socks.

1571622222 8853aacd87 m Back from Stitches

Butterfly Socks 101407

The close-up:

1571622716 64591f087f m Back from Stitches

Butterfly Socks Close-up 101407

To recap, this is Cherry Tree Hill solid sock yarn in “pink” knit on a 2mm needle.

I did take a couple of photos on the train coming home.

1571621672 a57cde033a m Back from Stitches

Alpaca Bear 101407

I almost kidnapped that little guy from L-B. And here’s L-B’s foot encased in her L-Bee sock:

1571623192 c31c42bc04 m Back from Stitches

L-Bee sock on Train 101407

(Never expect me to accurately photograph an event.)
So I got home at noon today. Now I’m doing laundry and trying to make sure I’m all set for surgery tomorrow. I think I’m ready. All bills are paid through the end of the month. All friends who might even have considered sending flowers have been asked not to — Lucy would just shred and eat ’em and make a mess for me to clean up. I’ve got plenty of bottled water and diet soda. And chocolate.

The KOARC will post here at some point tomorrow to let you know I survived and am being a lousy patient. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lucy sez:

1570733141 73ea715895 m Back from Stitches

Lucy 101407

“My daddy took awfully good care of me, but it’s nice to have my Momma home too!”

Comments

1. May your surgery be so easy that everything goes perfectly and uneventfully. And I hope your recovery is quick and as painless as possible. Happy thoughts your way!

2. All the best tomorrow Wendy. You’ll be in my thoughts and prayers and stuff.

3. Marianne Y says:

Best wishes on your surgery tomorrow! My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy and full recovery! Take care, Marianne ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Sounds like you had a great time. I have 2 of the alpaca bears. I love them so much. They are so soft and cuddly.

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.

5. Good luck with the surgery, I’ll knit some of the healthy spine socks tomorrow for good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Good luck dear girl. We’ll all be thinking of you.

7. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Can’t wait until you are back knitting with your favorite furry nurse!

8. Very best wishes for the surgery tomorrow. I hope that all goes “by the book.”

9. Best to you and to your surgeon – I’ll be keeping all of you in my prayers!

10. Sending positive, healing thoughts your way and my very best wishes for a quick and full recovery!

11. Good luck!! Remember to take your time getting better – there’s nothing more likely to hurt yourself worse than trying to do too much too quickly.

12. You have received oodles of wonderful advice, so my words of wisdom would really just be repeating theirs. Instead I will say, “Ditto!” Heal quickly!

13. Remember they give you really good drugs to help you through the first few days. All the doctor told me with out fail was WALK!!!! walk!!!!! AND walk SOME MORE. s l o w AT FIRST BUT YOU WILL FEEL BETTER MUCH QUICKER DOING THIS. I will be hold your hand through the whole thing and I know you will be feeling so much better in a couple of weeks!!! HUGS!!! to you and all.

14. Lisa in Georgia says:

Good luck tomorrow and have a speedy recovery! Be gentle and kind to yourself – allow time to heal. Best wishes!

15. I’m glad you enjoyed Stitches. I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow and looking forward to hearing that your surgery went well and you’re feeling good enough to be a lousy patient!

16. Along with everyone else, I will be sending you healing, happy thoughts all day tomorrow and the days to come. I’m sure all will be well. Take extra special care of yourself !!!!!!! Luv.m ๐Ÿ™‚

17. I’m normally a lurker, but I’m de-lurking to wish you a smooth surgery and a speedy healing! I got my Lucy calendar today and it rocks.

18. Best wishes to You Wendy. And quick recovery!

19. Laura Taprantzis says:

Sending wishes for a fast recovery!

20. Best wishes on your surgery…. hope you will be knitting more socks soon. Maybe L-B will let you borrow Alpaca Bear while you’re in the hospital?

21. I will miss reading your blogs. Take care & prayers are with you. Looking forward to hearing from you when you re-cover!

22. Good luck. I hope you wake up and wonder why you waited so long (as I did).

23. Good luck with surgery, Wendy! May your future be pain free! Until then, make sure the docs give you the good stuff in the hospital. ๐Ÿ˜‰

24. Best wishes on your surgery!

25. Paula in Iowa says:

Just adding my good wishes and prayers for you and your surgeons and all who will take care of you. Love and hugs.

26. Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. You are in my prayers.

27. Hey Wendy
    Good Wishes For A Full & Complete & Pain-Free Recovery.

Remember the Anesthesiologists don’t get paid to put you to sleep, but gets paid to wake you up so take a very pointy dpn needle into the Operating Room to stick in their arse to rouse them so they can fully wake you………….
    and
    you might travel in style on guerney with pair of your exquisite hand knit socks flying from iv pole above with bribery note for dr to make the right cut, sew a perfect stitch & cure you of your back pain & then the socks are his!!
    (a pair of your handknit socks would be great incentive to any doc)

travel light with bag filled with sock yarns,patterns,needles, wendy knits & harlot’s too, chocolates & champayne to ease the pain & your yoke bear to knit a hat & sweater & socks for while you are there.
    seriously, the best of luck…..thought a little humor might make you smile.
    ronni lynn spoll

28. Thinking of you today, Wendy.

29. Oh, the laundry! — Thanks for reminding me! Gotta move it along now.

Hope all goes well with your surgery tomorrow, and your recovery afterwards. Best wishes.

30. Theresa in Italy says:

Best wishes for a successful surgery and a complete and speedy recovery!

31. Thinking of you. I hope your surgery goes well and helps ease your pain.

32. Wendy, all the best for the op and wishing you the speediest recovery.

33. Good luck today. I’ll be thinking of you. Hope you bounce back quickly. Maybe L-B should “rent” the teddy for your recovery!! After all, alpcac love is all you need sometimes!

34. Hi Wendy,
    Sending good thoughts your way for your
    surgery. I don’t even know if you will have
    time to read all these posts. Take the pain
    medicine until you can taper off. The side
    effects may keep you from recovering as
    fast as you would like. Take it from an old
    nurse. You will be as good as new when
    you are healed. Good luck. Take a lucky
    charm with you and think healing thoughts.
    Your socks are beautiful as always.

35. Oh Wendy, I’ll be sending good thoughts your way, as will the kitties! All the best for a successful surgery, and a smooth recovery!

Brigitte
    xox

36. Wendy, thinking of you today! Take care and get better soon!

(I have to say that I also thought of you last weekend when I saw my first ever ball of Quiviuk in a yarn store in RI… I was sooooooo tempted, but couldn’t justify the $66/oz price tag… maybe someday)

Lucy, take good care of mommy.

37. Glad you had fun/. Will be thinking of you today and send warm healing thoughts. Hope it goes smoothly.

Don’t worry Lucy, You can take care of Momma and Daddy will feed both of you!

38. As I type this, you are probably in surgery. I hope it goes very well for you and brings you the relief from pain that you so desperately need.

I agree with Isobel! L-B should loan out the teddy during recovery. Unless Lucy is too entranced with Teddy – that could pose other problems!

39. Sending more good thoughts and positive energy to you. I’ll be thinking about you and hoping for a peaceful, speedy recovery!! Take care…..

40. Wendy,
    I tried looking for you. Alas, lots of people wear Mary Jane type shoes and birkensock. Best wishes.

Patty

41. Wendy,

I wish you all the best with your surgery and a speedy recovery.

Take care,

Rosane.

42. Fellow Labor Girl says:

Good luck Wendy we are all rooting for you! The butterfly socks are just to die for. I love the color!

43. I hope everything goes well.

44. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I’m glad you had fun!

Lucy, I know you’ll take good care of Wendy (with a little help from KOARC).

45. Hope all is well with surgery and outcome!!! Socks turned out beautifully!! Had fabulo time Saturday with you and LB — must plan for more and talk Neuroknitter into a bicoastal adventure!

46. Best wishes for your surgery. I know you have plenty of sock yarn for the recuperation, and with Lucy and enough chocolate you sound like you are well-set. Lot of positive energy, whatever can help coming your way.

47. Wishing you all the best and a very quick and painless recovery.

48. Good to see you back, Wendy! I’ll be praying for your surgeryand recovery :~)

49. Glad to hear that Stitches was a fun and fabulous time! Strong wishes for a good outcome and swift recovery!

50. Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow and a speedy recovery.

51. I am so late that you may be out of surgery already, but I am thinking of you and hoping for a swift and relatively recovery. It’s never fun to be surgerized and backs are among the least fun things to do that too, but I am sure you will eventually feel oh so much better, and it will be worth it.

52. Good luck!

53. I’ll be sending healing thoughts your way. I hope that the surgery is every bit as successful as my back surgery was two years ago. Painful at the time, but soooo worth going through it. I’m sure Lucy is anxious for you to get home from the hospital so she can take good care of you!

54. Best wishes!

55. I hope the surgery is a success, and the recovery is fast! I know Lucy will take very good care of you.

56. Thinking of you today and wishing you all the best luck in your surgery, and hope that the Dr.s and nurses have warm hands!

57. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

58. Wendy- Have the chocolate ready as soon as you’re out of recovery.

Helps speed the healing- it’s a known fact.

59. Good vibes for a quick surgery and speedy, easy recovery!

60. Very best of luck with the surgery, Wendy. I hope it will take away all of the back pain you’ve been having, and will leave you as free as your new butterfly socks!

61. Godspeed, Wendy!

62. Speedy recovery. Lucy will make an excellent nurse with KORAC as her assistant. cecilia

63. Best of luck.

64. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I saw you at the Blue Moon booth on Friday, but before I could untangle myself from the yarn I was bound and determined to take home with me (and I did) you had left the booth. Sorry that I did not get the chance to meet you. I hope your stash enhancement was good…mine was!

65. So glad you got to play at Stitches first! More positive vibes and healthy back thoughts coming to you…

66. Good Luck on your surgery and speedy recovery!

67. Wendy,

I have never posted a message here before even though I have been reading your blog for several months.
    You have inspired me to create my own patterns and enjoy my knitting even if other people think sock knitting is silly.
    I will pray that you have a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Tell Lucy that my Lilly enjoys touching her pictures on the computer screen when I am reading your blog. I think Lilly wants Lucy to come over and play. They would both enjoy playing with our vast collection of plastic milk rings!

68. Best wishes on the surgery, Wendy! I’m sure you’ll recover quickly, with Lucy to help the KOARC take care of you.

69. We will miss you. Take care and mind the doctors.

70. I can’t believe I didn’t run into you and LB in the Stitches marketplace, but then, there were other people I know were there that I never saw. Glad you guys had fun. I hope when you’re feeling better, you’ll share pictures of your loot. Did you guys take any classes?