Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

It’s ALIVE!!!

This is KOARC with a quick note to let everyone know that Wendy’s back surgery went according to plan this morning.

Wendy is already at home and resting comfortably with kitty and painkillers, and will be back to competing in triathlons in just a few weeks.

She asks that I thank you for all your kind comments and emails.ย  However, she won’t be able to respond personally since she’ll only be able to sit at the computer for short stretches for a while.ย  But she appreciates all your kind thoughts very much!

Comments

1. From ALL of us at the L&V World Headquarters — sending you wishes of a speedy, mostly-pain-free recovery that fixes everything they were trying to fix.

And I, for one, totally want to see what your knitting brain comes up with whilst on painkillers.

Just sayin’. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Yo Ian (I mean KOARC) – I’m sure that you’re technically savvy enough to hook up a laptop on the floor underneath Wendy’s table with the hole cut out for the face ala a massage table — wait – don’t tell me you didn’t get her one for her recovery period? whatever –

mazel tov, as we say in my country –

xx
    mhv

3. Thanks for the update. I wish Wendy well; she’s the best.

4. Yay!!!!! My kitties and I send best wishes!

5. I’m home recovering from surgery myself but done in a bit lower region than the back…. needless to say I am not sitting at the computer either, but can manage a few minutes on my side typing with one hand. Keeping me company is some Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn you sent me a while ago after I guessed the needles from a picture of their tips on your blog.

Love the yarn – just have have to remember to not do too much while the drugs are still doing thier thing!

Wishing you a speedy recovery…

6. Great news! Thanks so much KOARC for letting us know. I thought about Wendy a lot today! I’m sure she will be up and around sooner than you think.

7. Thanks for letting us know Ian. I’m glad all went well and Mom and Kitty are reunited!
    Swift and painless recovery wishes coming your way Wendy, I’m raising a Diet Yoke to your health! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. I’m very glad to hear that all went well and you’re resting easy. Give Lucy a skritch for me. =)

9. I’m so glad that the surgery went well! I hope Wendy is feeling very better very soon. Wendy, we will miss you but do NOT want you back until you are well enough to sit at the computer long enough to post. Rest, heal, and get well soon. Let nice Mr. KOARC and dear Miss Lucy take care of you. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Thans for the update KOARC – sending Wedny healing mind waves!
    Margie

11. Home already?! Jeebus. Keep resting! Take your time. Hopefully you’ll just feel better and better!

12. Just popped in to send well wishes to you and ,”you are home already”. Wow
    Hope that you have a speedy recovery and NO complications.
    Janice

13. So glad all went well. Hope you’re feeling better really soon.

14. Home already! Wow! Hope you’re feeling much better soon.

15. Sending healthy thoughts your way. Perhaps LB will loan you Alpaca Teddy to speed your recovery : )

16. Even though you shouldn’t sit to read this, I’ve got to add my best wishes to the others. Take care, take meds, and eat chocolate.

17. Stephanie says:

Hello Wendy, Thinking of you with happy woolly thoughts. Get well soon.

18. Yippee!! Glad it went well.

19. I am so very glad to hear that everything went well and that you are home resting, truly wonderful news. Thank you to KOARC and Lucy for taking care of my favorite blogger.

20. Laura in NYC says:

Best wishes to a very speedy recovery for you, Wendy. Autumn is finally here for you to enjoy!

21. I made small yarn sacrifices to Kauni, goddess of the multicolored yarn, for your speedy recovery! (We are grateful!) Hugs, kitties and chocolate!

22. Heal up quick Wendy!

23. Excellent news! Thanks for the update, and please give my best to Wendy and her nurse.

24. Good to hear that your surgery went well and keep resting!

25. Yay! Thanks for letting us all know so quickly.

26. Great news! Heal well.

27. Wendy, there must be so many people, like me, who read your blog every day and never leave a comment. One of my non knitting friend reads your blog just because she likes your kitty pictures; she says they make her smile. So perhaps it tine to let you know – Ya got lots of us out here thinking about you and sending you good vibes!

28. Many blessings to all of you – Wendy, KOARC, Lucy and all the loyal knitters who support you! Hang in there, darlin’

29. hugs and love to Wendy.
    thanks for the updates….
    we totally understand her pause in communication.
    tell her to take all the time she needs to rest and heal.

30. thanks, KOARC, and good to know you’re on the mend, Wendy – look forward to having you back. Take care!

31. Tell Lucy to take good care of her momma.

32. My best wishes on a speedy recovery and I hope your back feels much better very soon.

33. Josรฉe says:

The kids and I are so glad to hear that the surgery went as planned and wish Wendy a speedy and smooth recovery.

34. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Thanks so much for the update, KOARC.

Wendy, sending you good thoughts and wishing you a very quick recovery.

35. Take care and get well soon Wendy.

36. Theresa in Italy says:

Thanks so much for the update, KOARC, and best wishes to Wendy for a speedy and (as much as possible) pain-free recovery. In which Lucy will play no small part, I’m sure! And we’ll be sending healing thoughts from across the pond.

37. Glad but surprised to hear you are home already! I hope everything goes well – have a good rest, don’t push yourself – you are in good hands and paws.

38. I’m glad you’re home already, Wendy! Here’s wishing you a peaceful and speedy recovery. ๐Ÿ™‚

39. Happy, Happy! So glad everything went OK! Now time to HEAL! Take your meds, rest, rest, rest..lots of Lucy Loving and fetching by KOARC.

Thanks KOARC for letting us know…and hang in there too!

Please, nobody push themselves..we all want all 3 of you healthy and happy.

40. Thanks for the update KOARC.

Wendy, warm and sunny wishes from Oz. Kitty Chloe sends her best purrrrrs too.

Get well soon.

41. I’m glad she is back and doing well. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

42. Ditto all the well wishes for a speedy recovery. I’m afraid that the hardest part may be ahead. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and look forward to your return to the blog.

43. Lots of love and prayers and warm thoughts going out to you (fingers on forehead, concentrating). Thanks for the update, Mr KOARC.

44. I echo what another WK Blog groupie said about physical therapy. They can work wonders.
    KOARC, thank you SO much for keeping us posted.
    Lucy, you have a tough job. PURR therapy is just as important as physical therapy!
    We will be sending lots of healing energy your way! Wendy, please don’t push it! We want you back HEALTHY and no other way.
    Denise and the Six-Pack + 1

45. Glad you came through the surgery well, and hope for a swift and easy recovery for you. Take it easy and get better soon.

46. Speedy recovery! I so enjoy your sock patterns and blog.
    Thank you for the inspiration.

47. Thank you for the update, I was thinking about Wendy all day. I am sure between the wonderful Ms Lucy and you the amazing KORAC, Wendy will be pampered and taken care of. Take it easy Wendy, and feel better soon!

48. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! So pleased that your surgery is over. I always felt the worst part was the anticipation of the surgery — the relief after that was over was incredible. Take care!

49. Heal quickly and feel better soon Wendy!

50. This is such good news! Thanks KOARC for letting us know so soon. Wendy — wishing you a very speedy recovery and a pain-free Forever.

51. So glad to hear your surgery went according to plan and that you are already home resting comfortably.

You have the BEST nurse around! Nurse Lucy of course!

Hugs to you!

WendyT

52. Please tell Wendy we’re thinking about her and wish her a full and speedy recovery!

You and Lucy take good care of her, y’hear!

53. Stephanie Engle says:

Dear Wendy, Hope the recovery is swift and that you’re back to your usual tricks ASAP. OTOH, milk it for what it’s worth, extra knitting time, more take out? Best of luck from Oregon.

54. Oh, happy day! I’m so glad all went well and according to plan. May you have a swift and easy and happy recovery!

55. May you have the world’s fastest recovery, Wendy, but not before you get to thoroughly enjoy your “use-it-or-lose-it” leave time. May this surgery truly be the cure for what ails you. ๐Ÿ™‚

56. Joan Callaway says:

Healing thoughts coming your way. I just started the Frog Warts pattern on the electric green Wollmeise, so you know I’ll be thinking of you every minute. Take care…and don’t get too energetic, too soon.

Joan

57. Wendy, get well soon! I’m already missing your blogs. ๐Ÿ™‚ I will have to do a bit of knitting for you tonight since I doubt you can knit yet (or can you?)!

Darielle

58. Hope your recovery is quick and painless. Get well soon!

Adrianne

59. Get well soon! Nurse Lucy will take good care of you with a little help from KOARC

60. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

61. Wendy, My boys and I love to visit your blog and we are praying for a speedy and complete recovery for you. Please give nurse Lucy a nice long pat from us here in Springfield, MO. Thanks to KOARC for the update:~)

62. Wendy,

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. You will be in my thourhts and prayers.

Claudia

63. Thinking about you and sending warm, healing thoughts your way!

64. Best wishes to you, Wendy, and I send you good vibes for a speedy recovery!

(>^.^)>)))))

65. So glad to hear that things went well. Keeping good thoughts & prayers for swift healing and total restoration to health!

66. best wishes for a speedy recovery!

67. wow 166 comments. So many people respect you and hope for you to be back soon. May you recovering quickly and get rid of your pain. Lucy- your little nurse – will help …

68. Who would’ve thought back surgery was “outpatient”?!! Word of caution KOARC, write Wendy’s RX’s on a piece of paper with the doses and times so she can check it off as she medicates herself. The first couple of days home it can be really easy to OD yourself by accident. Ask me why…thanks for the update and Godspeed Wendy!

69. Glad it went smoothly! Hope you’ll be back in the knitting decathlon (DPN toss, stitch marker climbing, 200-meter spinning, etc.) soon!

70. Pixie Dust and Get Well Soon wishes flying your way from Massachusetts…

Sharon

71. Get well soon! We miss you!

72. Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are already home! Hope you’re able to knit again soon.

73. Thank you so much KOARC for surgery news. I’m so happy everything went well. Sending warm, healing thoughts Wendy’s way. Does she know about that post title? It made me laugh out loud.

Good wishes to all of you.

74. It is always nice when surgery goes well. Now be a good patient because we are selfish and want to see you knitting soon!

75. So glad that every thing went well and you are resting. Get well soon.

76. Hugs, best of all wishes for renewed good health.

77. Glad you are over your op. Rest up and get well soon.
    Sending healing wishes.

78. Hurray for smooth surgery. Sending good smooth recovery wishes your way also.

79. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

80. Best wishes to Wendy on a speedy recovery. Thanks for giving us an update on how she is doing.

81. Thanks to KOARC for the update. Best wishes and healing thoughts to Wendy for a full and speedy recovery!

82. Deb in CT says:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and remember to listen to your doctors!

83. Glad the surgery went well. God speed your recovery.

84. Thanks for posting. My best wishes, Wendy, for a speedy recovery.

85. That’s great news! Hope you feel better soon Wendy. Maybe the KOAR will pop in a knitting DVD for you while you are resting.

86. So glad your back surgery went well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

87. Linda in Chicagoland says:

Speedy recovery, Wendy. Can’t wait to have you (and Lucy) back among the knitting!

88. Sending healing thoughts your way!

89. Glad to hear all went well!
    Job one is to get rid of the pain.
    Job two is to open the chocolate.
    No, wait, switch the order of those….
    Job three is to get knitting again.
    Go take a nap with a Lucy heating pad.

90. I have read your blog for awhile – you have been the gateway for an almost computer dork , through the links, to see what is on the net for knitters – thank you. I wish you all the best in your recovery. And wish you joy.

91. Ann in CT says:

Yippee! I hope you’re feeling better soon. Or at least good enough to knit.

92. As I can see by the very many comments-you are truly loved and very appreciated. I hope such warm vibes coming your way speeds your healing. Glad you and L-B had a spiffy time in Baltimore. I was thinking about you two as I grabbed a poor unsuspecting 14 year old to dance the Louisiana 2-step with me while a Zydeco band was playing at the dance pavillion at the National Folk Festival. (Not sure if my son’s teacher will allow me to chapperone any more school field trips.)
    I hope you too will be dancing soon!!!
    Kathy

93. Best to you Wendy!

94. Whew! Glad this part is over. Sending you many good wishes and hope for a quick recovery. Missing your blog!

95. Knitting and painkillers mix together even worse than knitting and beer. Suggest you remove needles from her reach, and replace them with many thoughts and prayers.

96. Wishing you a speedy recovery Wendy, follow your Dr’s orders and knit only when you’re feeling stronger.

97. Tressa in NC says:

Wendy, wishing you a complete recovery. Best of health to you.

98. Wendy – Glad the surgery is over. Greeting from Cleveland, OH, where we’re wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

99. I hope you feel a bit better every day!

100. I’m happy everything went OK. I hope you don’t suffer too much and that you’ll soon recover!