1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Just A Quickie

Thanks for all your good wishes — Lucy, the KOARC, and I had a very nice Thanksgiving. I don’t think Lucy has had her fill of turkey yet, though.

Tomorrow I attempt full-time re-entry into work, so this is just a quickie. I must spend the rest of the day steeling myself for the horror that is work. icon wink Just A Quickie

I did finish the Lace and Cable socks:

2063406188 89db492426 m Just A Quickie

Lace and Cable Socks 112507

And I started . . . a non-sock project!

2063407074 7da4f4d9aa m Just A Quickie

New Project 112507

Can you guess what this is?

2063406760 c2124f39b1 m Just A Quickie

New Project 1 112507

Lucy sez:

2062615227 45b3d27752 m Just A Quickie

Lucy 112507

“I like my turkey cut up in dainty pieces. White meat, please.”

Comments

1. A hat?

2. A circular shawl.

3. A new kitty bed for Lucy!

4. I know what you mean – I’m going back to work after taking a year and half off for school! By the way – a catnip ball for the lovely Lucy!

5. anne marie in philly says:

I second becky.

steven and meredith will not touch turkey, so lucy has it all to herself. lucky pretty girl!

good luck going back to work tomorrow . leave early if it gets too much for you.

6. Either a top down hat or a circular shawl – a bit early to tell, but I’d be inclined to go with the hat and maybe there”ll be mittens to match.

7. A hat was my first guess, too, followed by circular shawl.

8. Would that be Small Knits top-down hat pattern Karlchen? Great pattern!

9. I’m guessing either a top-down hat or a pair of top down mittens.

10. I’m guessing it’s going to be a knitted Princess Leia gold bra! Am I right?

11. Mimi loves turkey too. I shred her’s up so that she thinks she is getting more than she really is. She inhales the stuff. And she had turkey before the humans did on Thanksgiving.

12. A shopping bag starting from the centre of the bottom. I’m fairly certain I saw a similar photo once before, somewhere, but I don’t really remember what it was.

13. KITTY PI!!!

14. Looks like a Kitty Pi to me!

15. I’m thinking it’s a blankie of some sort.

16. Heather R. says:

A top down hat. Perhaps Foliage from Knitty?

17. My guess is for Foliage, too. Good luck on re-entry back to the working world.

18. That looks suspiciously like the Karlchen hat I’ve got on the needles at the minute. It’s a great pattern, if a little fiddly at first!

19. Because all of my sensible guesses are gone, I’m going for an igloo.

Best of luck with the long work day tomorrow.

20. Wow, I was going to guess circular shawl, but I like the KOARC’s guess much better!

21. I am guessing it is going to be a circular shawl as well. Pretty color. Good luck at work, that shock alone may due damage.

22. Looks like the start of the Hemlock Throw?

23. I’m guessing the Ribbons Baby Blanket. Pretty yarn. What is it?

24. It’s a Pi Shawl!

25. I’m also guessing a hat… but I’m not sure.

Best of luck tomorrow! Rest up!

26. Did you jump on the Hemlock Blanket train?

27. Is it the Hemlock Ring that’s been so popular , from brooklyntweed?

Good Luck tomorrow. Just going back after 4 days off is hard enough!!

28. Kathryn Sigman says:

Your new socks are beautiful! I can’t wait to purchase the pattern.
    Is your new project mittens or fingerless gloves?

29. Courtney (possibly the slowest knitter ever!!) says:

hey wendy! i luv how your socks turned out! and i luv the color too! it took me FOREVER to find on loopy ewes, but i found it! it’s so hidden on the yarn page!!

30. A bag, to be felted.

31. I’m going to jump right up on the bandwagon and guess that golden-y goodness is a hat. If so, kudos to you–all the hats I’ve knit, I’ve learned that I *hate* the top-down process.

32. you’re making something that’s not socks? that’s new to me!

33. I’m going out on a limb and guessing that you’re making a Lucy bag. I’m currently making one for my daughter for Christmas. Good luck at work tomorrow!

34. I first thought a doily, but as I read the comments I think the Hemlock throw is it. The yarn looks pretty heavy for a doily. Hope your first day back to work is easy. You will be tired afterwards even so.

35. So – does KOARC know more about your home life than you want to share?!? You dress up as Leia, him as Hans and Lucy as Chewy? Sounds pretty interesting to me!

36. My guess of what you are knitting…….

A “Lucy” bag. (A felted purse)

Wishing you a great day tomorrow on your first full time day back to work.

37. Is it the Hemlock ? ??Looks like the way I started mine and I love it.! !

38. All you poor guys going to work tomorrow. Meanwhile, my kitty Puma and I have moved . . . . to California . . . from Arlingtonm Virginia . . . . and tomorrow we have to unpack 6 thousand pounds of boxes of stuff. Can I trade with someone? I’ll go to work and you unpack boxes? I didn’t think so! The mysterious new project? A kitty bed?

39. hmmm… please tell Lucy to email my two kitties… they ar turning up their noses at all things turkey – and they obviously don’t know what a treat they are missing (grin)

the mystery project? I’ll guess a purse… since Lucy already has a kittie pi

40. Theresa in Italy says:

Well, my first guess was a circular shawl, second guess was a hat, but now I’m wondering if the KOARC has some inside information? So to speak.

41. A felted French Market bag?

42. Is it the top down no swatch hat by Susan Lawrence aqt http://knittingasfastasican.com/ ?

43. A Kureyon Kozy.

44. Your Lace and Cables are beautiful! Best of luck and health at work :) Wild guess at the knitting; a market bag for your holiday shopping?

45. My first guess was also the felted french market bag from Knitty. Good luck at work!

46. It’s either a hat or a shawl. And it’s in a very pretty color- I can’t wait to see what it becomes!

47. I’d say mittens…

48. Regina Stancill says:

It’s going to be a very cool circular sweater, of course !

49. is it a pine tree sachet from purl bee? A golden pine tree sachet?

50. I’ll guess a top-down hat.

Hope the full day of work wasn’t too awful!

51. It looks a lot like the start of a felted bowl – I started one last night… hope your re-entry was more successful than mine this morning!

52. I’m also going with the Hemlock Throw/Blanket

53. I think it’s top down mittens.
    What does KOARC stand for????

54. I think you’re starting some sort of shawl. And good luck with that going back to work thing… I’m feeling some of that pain myself today. :-)

55. A house cozy? ;)

Good luck with work. I’m sure Miss Lucy will miss you and let you know when you come home. “You left me here all alone!”

56. whatever the new project is, i love that color!

the latest socks are pretty fab as well. i love your designs that feature a detailed center front with the rest of the sock kept simple.

57. A Circular shawl…
    Hmm..good wishes sent your way for today (now). I’m hoping it wasn’t nearly as bad as you thought it might be?
    (((hugs)))