I finished knitting the body of the Pinwheel Sweater early Saturday, and decided to knit the edging on the body before starting the sleeves.
I started with a provisional cast-on.
I knit the first row of the edging and attached it to the sweater by knitting the end stitch together with one stitch of the edge of the sweater.
Here’s the edge with three repeats done.
As of right now, I’m a bit more than halfway done. I spread the sweater out on the floor for a photo-op.
Of course my little spokesmodel had to help.
I steam-pressed the edging a bit so I could see how well it was laying. I think it’s just fine. And the reverse side of the edging looks good too.
So I will continue on with knitting the edging and after that, the sleeves. I have a couple of adjustments to make to the edging chart, but I’ll post it here soon, probably tomorrow.
Stay tuned . . .