1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

Just Stopping By to Ask

Can you guess what this is?

2101262505 0962274083 m Just Stopping By to Ask

New Project 121007

Lucy knows, but she’s sworn to secrecy!

2102043298 23972a9670 m Just Stopping By to Ask

Lucy 211007

Comments

1. I’m guessing it’s a shawl. Sure looks like a shawl to me.

2. I agree with Commenter #1 — it does look like a shawl, in a beautiful colorway. I’m wondering how your Beret Gaufre came out once it was dry. It looked beautiful but I’m wondering how it fit.

3. It looks like the Leaf Lace Shawl to me.

4. Is it a shawl? It is very pretty and I am guessing the yarn came from the Loopy Ewe. I wonder if Lucy would reveal it for the right cat toy, but I know how loyal she is to you.

5. I’m not sure what it is, but I love the color!

6. By the looks of it I am going to say a shawl as well, but you always suprise us. Perhaps a lacey scarf instead.

7. That color is drool worthy! It’s absolutely gorgeous!
    I agree with most of the posters – it appears to be a new shawl.
    Details, please.
    (Psst, Lucy! I have some fresh homegrown catnip for you! All you have to do is say what Mama is working on!)

8. Print o’the wave?

9. I am thinking a lacy scarf/shawl in Seasilk-colourway Blue Lagoon or maybe Capri -not that I would have any of these wonderful colourways in various assorted fibres!

10. Dragon skin cardigan?

11. Pie Are Square shawl?

12. Marianne Y says:

The yarn is really gorgeous, in a fantastic colorway! My guess is that it is either a lace stole or shawl. It will be wonderful, I can tell that, already!

13. Color is gorgeous! Looks so soft to the touch. Bet it is a shawl!

14. It’s definitely a lacy something-or-other. Great color!

15. Beautiful yarn.

An ascot?

16. It is a fancy lace sock.

17. Shawl/Scarf/Wrap in modified horseshoe stitch pattern in Dream in Color Deep Sea Flower yarn

18. Looks like Knitty’s Pomatomus or a derivative thereof:

– Lorrie

19. Foliage hat?

Beautiful, whatever it is… :)

20. my guess is “That Little Scarf” by Anne Hanson. Whatever it is, I’m sure it will be lovely.
    Beautiful color too!

21. Julia seems to have nailed that gorgeous yarn. I tried to cheat and read the page on your desk/tabletop, but it only says “Lace Patterns”, and I don’t recognize the source (possibly a book). Apparently this is a project that you are developing your own pattern for–looks like a scarf or a shawl.

22. I don’t know about the pattern, but it looks like Dream in Color lace weight to me!

23. A pretty gift to be!! :)

24. C. Holland says:

fingerless gloves…keep goin with the sweater!

25. I know!! I know!! It’s gorgeous that’s what it is.

26. I don’t know what it is (other than lace, duh) but the color is swoonful.

27. I’m guessing it’s Haven by Kim Hargreaves…….I’m making it in Rowan Cocoon…is this a much lighter version?

28. NewJerseyLaura says:

It’s a blue lace thingey!

29. Leaf Lace shawl!!

30. A shawl , love the color!

31. I think it’s one of those things my mom used to pin to my head when we went to church. I guess it was a substitute for a hat. It looked like a little doily.

32. Theresa in Italy says:

It’s lace, I can tell you that much. (It does look like one of those lace things that we used to have to wear to church, as Pat said—and I can’t remember what they were called—but they were never in such a gorgeous color!)

33. You are *such* a tease, Wendy! LOL ;-)

34. I’m tempted to guess the Leaf Lace Kerchief: http://knitting-and.com/wiki/Leaf_Lace_Kerchief

I would say though if it is that, you’re just using it for the stitch pattern because as fast as you seem to knit, you’d have that kerchief done in like half an hour! ;)

Beautiful yarn, I really love the richness of that blue.

35. Well, yes, lace obviously. I’m guessing a leaf and trellis pattern? And I’m hoping it’s a shawl – I’m so obsessed with lace shawls at the moment! :)

36. Doesn’t matter what it is — it’s GORGEOUS :)

37. It’s a sock.

It’s always a sock.

This one’s for me, though.

Uh, no? Then maybe it’s a not-a-sock.

38. Lucy is just smug because the yarn matches her pretty eyes.

39. anne marie in philly says:

yep, shawl.

lucy really knows how to keep a secret!

40. Linda from Kansas says:

I think it is a shawl or scarf. It will be pretty whatever it is.

I also wanted to ask, what is the diameter of your circle sweater? You know you could make a neat table cover by doing some more rows and then adding the edging, deleting the armholes of course.

I think I will try that sweater, in a smaller size which I found on elan further down the list of free patterns.

41. Linda from Kansas says:

PS – I love your web site and I have your book. I think your knitting is great. I have learned quite by visiting this place.

42. I think Jen is right. Anne Hanson’s “That little scarf”. If this what you’re knitting then I can understand why. It’s so pretty and it looks like it’s knitting up pretty quickly. And the color choice is gorgeous.

43. Is that smooshy sock yarn in the Night Watch colorway? Sure looks like it. I made a pair of socks with it.

It looks gorgeous whatever it is.

WendyT

44. A vine lace shawl or stole? It looks like the vine lace pattern I just started knitting last night. Pretty color!

45. A shawl (beautiful color and stitch pattern). By the way I think your spiral sweater is gorgeous and the lace border is what makes it special.

46. Lace shawl… in a handpainted lace-weight… hm. I’ve got some Claudia Handpaint Silk Lace in “Ocean Depth” that looks almost like that, but not quite… it’s a lovely colorway, whatever it is. Is the project a Swallowtail Shawl?

47. It is difficult to say something about the project because the stitch is completely traditional; it could be Haven from Kim Hargreaves but there are other patterns using this stitch…

48. hmmm… I suspect it is that new little Sweet Nothing scarf that Anne over at Knitspot designed (?)
    btw your sweater in the last post DOES look so much better with the sleeves. Who would have thought that sleeves would help it stay on? (grin)
    Have I told you a million times how much I enjoy seeing Lucy photos? She just about makes my day.

49. I love the yarn, very pretty, and my guess is a long lacy scarf that could even be a wrap.

50. to Pat and Theresa, we used to call them “Chapel Veils” – is it a wrap/stole? It’s beautiful.

51. I think it’s the Luna Moth Shawl (free pattern from Elann) I only guessed that cause I just printed off the pattern the other day and got my yarn today (Anne shaefer “grapes on the vine”) to give it a try. I’m somewhat “lace” challenged, but I hear this pattern is a good one for overcoming fear of lace. I might even add beads… I can’t wait to start it, I’ve been drooling on my keyboard while viewing it on ravelry.

52. Something really pretty.

53. We called them a mantilla.

Whatever shawl/scarf/sweater you’re making, it’s going to be gorgeous in that yarn. A real contrast to the green of the last big project!

54. Joan Robertson says:

Looks a lot like my Forest Canopy Shawl

Joanie R.

55. I think I can see seagulls … It looks like the Pacific Northwest Shawl by Evelyn Clark, in perhaps a handpainted Zephyr laceweight colorway? Looks very beautiful, whatever it may be :) I’m currently knitting the Pacific Northwest Shawl, one skein of Alpaca with a Twist in Fino, light blue colorway; almost finished with the waves and then onto the bubbles, fish and first border. I highly recommend it :)

56. I say, “That Little Scarf” by Knitspot. I hope to start one of my very own this evening.

57. I think it’s a sock, and I think it’s beautiful!

58. i’m changing my guess, I think you’ve started the “pomatomus (sp??)” sock from Knitty :-)

59. Whatever it is, it’s lovely so far!

60. I have a question I am hoping you can help with. I am knitting a sweater the pattern being: Slip-stitch rib (multiple of 2) Row 1: K1, slip 1 (purlwise), Row 2: Purl.
    I have completed the front and back and am working on the sleeves. Instructions are to chain 24. Work in pattern, increasing 1 st each side every 5th row to 20 inches. Bind off. I can not figure out how to increase on each side and keep the pattern going in a straight line. Each time I increase the pattern shifts to the left or right. Can you help me? I would be so thankful. It is driving me crazy!
    Thanking you in advance for your help.