Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Stick a Fork in It

It’s my first FO 0f 2008. The Crest o’ the Wave Scarf is done.

2181068639 23c589433a m Stick a Fork in It

Wave Scarf 010908

It is about 18 inches wide and 72 inches long. I blocked it simply by giving a good steaming with my trusty Rowenta iron.

As I mentioned, the yarn I used is handpainted laceweight from Sweden — a gift from my friend Johanne. I used approximately 900 yards and knit it with a 4mm (US 6) needle.

2181855790 a1dbafee38 m Stick a Fork in It

Wave Close-up 010908

And just because I am just so dang sweet and amiable (sarcasm alert! sarcasm alert!), I wrote up the pattern and posted it here (in pdf format).

It is also available from my Free Patterns page.

It is time to move on. I’m going to be doodling around with something . . .

Lucy would like to thank you for all your compliments on her dance performance. She is now requiring that her water be served to her in a Baccarat crystal bowl. Diva.

2181068265 a3e5d85b12 m Stick a Fork in It

Lucy 010908

If only she’d learn to relax, eh?

Comments

1. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

Your Crest o’ the Wave scarf is beautiful! Thank you for the pattern. Lucy is too cute ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Breathtakingly beautiful colors in the scarf!
    But Lucy rivals the beauty when she basks in the glow of the lamp!
    It all gives me warm,cozy log home fuzzies!

3. Has your scarf been your commute knitting the last few days? It is lovely, but looks larger than your ‘normal’ commute knitting.

4. I love the scarf. Thanks for being just so darn sweet by sharing the pattern!

Tell Lucy to chill out, will ya’ . She looks SO stressed!

5. Um, that would be Perrier in the Baccarat crystal bowl, right? Tell me you don’t give Lucy plain tap water? ๐Ÿ˜€

Beautiful scarf!

6. Wendy – it’s beautiful.
    I wondered if you could show the finished end – because I wanted to see if it echoes the scalloping of the pattern that is so evident at the start – know what I mean?
    I recall you were going to do the scarf originally in two parts and then seam them in the middle. Was this to address the edge scalloping? Or to get a cool two way directional thing goin?

7. This just might be one pattern I could finish! Thanks!

Darling kitty! Demand lobster! ๐Ÿ™‚ luv.m.

8. Barbara-Kay says:

Thank you so much for posting the pattern.

Lucy is a well-loved cat, who truly was glad to see her Momma!

9. Wendy, it’s so beautiful!

10. Thank you!!!!
    We could all learn something from Lucy!! LOL

11. Gorgeous, as usual! And I don’t think you’re sarcastic at all — you ARE sweet to all of us ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you so much for writing up the pattern — sure wish I wasn’t so chart phobic ๐Ÿ™ I just cannot “get” it!

12. do you have a preference for charts over words for your patterns,
    my friend is a chart only brain, me words anytime

13. Do you ever do a double-take and check if Lucy is still breathing?

14. Thanks for the pattern! The stole is beautiful! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. anne marie in philly says:

sarcastic? you? never! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I am printing the COTW pattern as I type this comment. believe it or don’t, this will be my very first ever knitted lace!

when lucy asks for her dinner to be served on hand-painted china and that her dinner be fresh killed AND heated, only THEN will she be a diva. ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Thank you for the scarf pattern!
    It was really nice of you to write it up and post it!

17. Thank you soo much for posting the pattern for your shawl. It is beautiful. I loved Lucy’s dance. Maybe she could try out for Dancing With the Stars!!

18. OOOH!! I like your sarcasm!1 Thanks for sharing!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Lucy definitely needs to relax!! Ha, just like my kitties. She has it mastered. We should observe and practice their techniques!!

19. Love to read your blog each day. I’m a grandma who loves to knit, when I’m not teaching school, or playing with my own beloved kitty. Thanks so much for the gorgeous scarf pattern. You are so generous and talented, Wendy.

20. Theresa in Italy says:

Gorgeous scarf! I can’t get over how beautiful that yarn is. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I hope it’s not too late to congratulate Lucy on a bravura performance. We on the other side of the pond are in awe of her talent (as you should be, too). Pass the Baccarat.

21. The shawl is great. It is so much fun to se what the skeins I dye becomes when they grow up;-)
    I’m a big admirer of your knitting…but I’m lousy in English so I rarely comment.
    Best regards
    Maria (the dyer)

22. Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Definitely Perrier or Evian for Lucy. Any cat with Baccarat tastes deserves only the best!

23. You really had to alert people that you were sarcastic when you said you were being amiable? You know you could have just let it slide and then people would have thought you really were sweet and amiable (and not just old and cranky, says she who recognizes herself).

24. Thank you for the pattern for the absolutely beautifu COTW scarf! I cant wait to be able to cast it on and get started. Lucy deserves the attention as she is the Ultimate Diva Kitty!

25. Hey you sweet and amiable person you (lack of sarcasm here) –
    Is that rosemaling on your lamp there?
    It’s fantastic! Gorgeous!
    Where did you get it?
    (The yarn, needles and what-not in the photo with the lamp are lovely too. I can’t believe Lucy wouldn’t bat those balls of yarn around though…)

26. The scarf is beautiful! What a great FO to start the year with. I do wish Lucy could learn to let the stress go a little. She’s such a cutie!

27. Michele In Maine says:

Wendy, you’ve done it again. Gorgeous pattern. My list of things to knit gets bigger, and bigger and bigger….

Lucy is the golden girl!

28. The pattern and colors go perfectly together. Nice finish for ’08!

29. the scarf is beautiful, thanks for writing up the patern :

30. Lucy cracks me up!

The scarf is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pattern with us.

31. You mean Lucy’s water was not previously served in a crystal bowl?! How mean of you to make her suffer that way!

32. Uh, you may want to rethink the name of your scarf. It’s very like unto Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer’s 2001 published pattern for Crest o’ The Wave scarf. http://www.heartstringsfiberarts.com/a20.shtm
    Your scarf is lovely, too, but I’d hate to see money-grubbin’ lawyers coming after you.

Thanks for the Lucy dance clip. Nancy, St. Helens, OR

33. We call that The Wiggle Dance around here. It occurs immediately after vacuuming. Gotta get that scent back into the carpet!

I want to come back as one of my cats.

34. knittymonster! says:

i luv the scarf!!! itsh very purdy! long live prima ballerina queen lucy!!!

35. Sweet and amiable Wendy, thank you posting the pattern. I would love to achieve the beauty of your scarf. Lucy is clearly exhausted from her dance moves.

36. Lucy is an amazing dancer! I loved the video, it was adorable. She should most definitely only drink and eat out of the finest crystal, as per her ballarina status.

Love the scarf/shawl. Thanks for the pattern, and you were not sarcastic at all.