When you use two 4-ounce skeins of yummy yarn to knit mittens, you are gonna have half of each skein left over. 🙂
So I’ve started another project with the same yarn.
At this point, it looks quite similar to my Flower Power mittens, no?
But it is not very exciting yet, so we shall move on.
A Bunch of Random Stuff
1. Look at how nicely the Flower Power mittens match my pretty new tote bag.
This is a Ham’s Jams bag, and I got it last week when Sheri did a shop update at The Loopy Ewe.
2. I also have a matching Ham’s Jams Yarn Cruiser, a holiday gift from L-B. I am so matchy-matchy!!
3. Another thing I bought from the Loopy Ewe last week were these wicked cool “ball of yarn” earrings by Designs By Romi. Cute, no?
(My ear lobes are not always that red — the photo was taken shortly after I blow-dried my hair. I am a delicate flower.)
4. Sheri did another shop update last night and boy, was there ever a feeding frenzy in the Wollmeise section! I might have (cough, cough) scored some, but I know that many people didn’t. So as a consolation prize, I’m doing a giveaway.
This is a skein of Wollmeise laceweight in the Pfefferminz Prinz colorway. 100% Superwash Merino, 300 gr, 1739 yards.
Would you like it?
Send an email to blogcontestATcomcastDOTnet before 4:00pm Eastern time on Thursday January 17, 2008. The random number generator will choose the recipient and I’ll announce the winner Thursday evening.
1. One email per person.
2. Only entries emailed to the Official WendyKnits Blog Contest email address, above, will be counted. Entries in the comments will be ignored. But if the spirit moves you, you are free to leave a comment telling me what a sweet and generous soul I am, okay? 😉
3. Anyone on Planet Earth with a mailing address where I can send a package is eligible to enter. You do not have to be in the United States — I will mail to Tahiti, if need be.
That is all.