1. Strandwanderer, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Wollmeise Merino "Pure" in the "Zenzi" colorway on a 3.25 mm (U.S. size 3) needle.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Or, in this case, 28,979 words.

2277578249 975d9127cb m A picture is worth a thousand words.

Done021908.jpg

Excuse me, I need to lie down.

2277578505 09f9cced7f m A picture is worth a thousand words.

Lucy021908.jpg

Comments

1. Congratulations! When will it be available? What’s it called? What’s in it? I’m so excited!

2. Shirley, in PA says:

I like the second photo better. Lucy looks quite kissable.

3. constant reader says:

Another book?!

4. Cool!! Now theres another book I need to put on my wishlist. So….When is it coming out and what is the name? Awwwww, isnt Ms Lucy so sweet looking, my kittys, esp the boys, Send her a great big Kiss!

5. I knew it! Another book – yippee!

Please tell Lucy we know she’s simply exhausted by the effort and thank her in advance for another good read :)

6. You did it!

yes- lie down, rest up.

7. HOT DOG! CAN’T WAIT!

Luv to that ever darling kitty (and Wendy of course)! :-)

8. ANOTHER BOOK???

9. Is that another book? Or is it part of the work-related world? In either case, there at least appears to be an upside. A draft is done! So congrats.

10. Did you write another book?! Are there socks in it? I am so excited! Whether there are socks in it or not, this is very exciting. :) Love to Lucy!

11. Looks like Miss Lucy has been busy, too, helping keep her mama motivated through all 28,979 words of whateveritis. A well-deserved nap is most certainly in order!

12. A new book! How exciting!

Caroline, the SockPixie

13. Sweeeet!!! Please indulge us with all the literary details you can share. I hope you, Ian & Lucy have a wonderful celebration very soon.

14. Whenwhenwhenwhenwhenwhenwhenwhenwhen etc……..

YAY!!!!

You so cool–congrats!

15. A new book? Exciting!!

16. Woooot!

17. Oooh a new book. Is it Wendy Still Knits or something entirely different like maybe a romance novel? I can see a woman clutching her knitting in one hand and a shirtless man in the other “Torn between two Loves” ha. Good luck with whatever it is.

18. :-) A new book – can’t wait to read it – I just finished your first one and loved it :-)

19. Keeping my fingers crossed that it’s another knitting book!

20. Close-up of the pen, please!

21. Alice in RIchmond says:

OMG

22. I swear just yesterday I was thinking “I wonder what Wendy’s secretly working on? I wonder if it’s another book.” I guess I was right.

I have a friend’s daughter spending the nite & earlier today I showed her Lucy’s mug. Then I had to show her your 1st book. She asked: “what’s it about?” I said knitting … of course all of your books would be knitting related, right?

23. Yay! Will you come to Charlotte for the book tour? It’s not that far from DC. 7 hours. I’ll come get you! A turtle chauffeur. What do you think?

24. WOOHOO!! So proud of you! Now go celebrate. :-)

25. Another book? Can it be true? I hope so!

26. That’s a lot of words!

I second all the rest of these comments. Get some rest. You’ve certainly earned it!

27. You’re done already?!?

28. Yipppppeeeee!……..can’t wait……maybe you will come to the West coast this time!!

29. Hooray! Congratulations!

30. The suspense!

…and why does L-B want a close up of the pen?

Mysteries, mysteries…

31. Are those the unbloggable words?

32. Have you written another book, Ms. Crafty McCrafsters? Or are you ghost-writing for Miss Lucy? “Catnip Mice I Have Known and Loved: a Rag Doll Tells All”
    “Trust No-One: How to Stay out of *The Box,* and Out of the Vet’s Office”

33. Chief says- YEA! Bert says- YIPEE! Jill says- Goodie, goodie! Something new to read!

34. Oooh how interesting! I can’t wait to see what it is.

35. I’m assuming another book?

36. Theresa in Italy says:

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! Another book! Can’t wait. Congratulations! Now go get some rest and/or celebrate!

(And if you’re thinking of extending the book tour to Italy, just say the word…)

37. bravo! I suspect that all those words = one new book.
    You must be so very proud, it’s a huge accomplishment

38. Awwwesoooome! You really are. Anyone who can write a book is a hero in my eyes…and now another? How do you do it… Honestly Wendy, you rock! When’s it come out?? And a big fat, chocolate covered Congratulations to you!

39. Please tell me it’s a sock knitting book!?

Congratulations on being done! You should treat yourself to some sock yarn!

40. Wow! How wonderful!

This certainly solves the “mystery” of the tired Wendy. Looks like Lucy wore herself out, too. Helping.

Many, MANY congratulations!

41. Please don’t tell me it’s another book . . .

Congratulations!

42. Oh I so hope those are knitting words not U.S. Gov’t. words!!!

43. Done? Congratulations!

Saturday I went to a cat show and saw fewer cats than I expected. However, I did see dozens of Ragdoll kitties, none of which were as beautiful as Lucy.

44. No way – - – another book! I absolutely loved your first one!!!! When do you think it will be available? I cannot wait!

Oh, and smooches to Lucy. That face!

WendyT

45. I know what it is: “toe-up socks for people with normal feet and no high arches or chunky ankles”!!! Tee hee.

46. I love the way Lucy sleeps with her head upside down! I can’t wait for the 28,979 words to be available.

47. Michele In Maine says:

Can’t wait to read every word – hopefully the topic is socks and mittens! And maybe some kitty pics!

48. Woo hoo! Way to go!

Also, I want to grab that little Lucy head and kiss that nose a whole bunch.

49. Is that perhaps a new book? I hope soooo!!!

Wee go take a nap with the kitty and celebrate!

50. Ditto!

51. I hope that means what I think it means! If I asked Lucy, would she tell me?

52. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

A new book??? Congratulations! Can’t wait for the details. I absolutely loved your first book. :)

53. AHA!! I can’t wait! Smooches to Lucy! And to you!

54. Woohoo! Wendy. You go, girl. Glad to hear you got that manuscript done. Definitely looking forward to the day that you can share some details. :-)

55. Please tell us that’s another book? I sound like a total toadie, but the first one is one of my favourites.

56. I had to leave a second comment today.

I was just checking out the new stuff over at The Loopy Ewe and saw your new namesake sock yarn!! Very cool!!! (L-B’s is lovely too!)

57. Wow are you good at keeping secrets!
    Can hardly wait, your last book is one of the best, a great read and full of useful info and patterns.

58. Hurray for another book! Can’t wait to hear all about it!