1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

DST Monday

I promise that I’ll stop whining about Daylight Saving Time. Eventually.

When I got home from work today I plucked the pins out of Agatha (sounds like I was torturing a famous mystery writer, doesn’t it?) and picked her up off the floor.

2325337434 67a79fa175 m DST Monday

AgathaonGwendolyn031008.jpg

Colleen asked why I didn’t use my foam blocks when I blocked this shawl. Why? Because I forgot I had them.

2324516399 44f3cb1f79 m DST Monday

AgathaCloseup031008.jpg

See what happens to my brain when I’m sleep-deprived? (Well, I have to blame it on something other than encroaching senility, don’t I?)

2325348404 151d2e4938 m DST Monday

AgathaonWendy031008.jpg

And I am getting ready to embark on a new lace project.

I’ll be using Dream in Color Baby laceweight yarn, this in the “Punky Fuschia” colorway. I’ve doodled up my own design, so will be trying that out.

2325337620 fb4480029a m DST Monday

BabyYarn031008.jpg

Here’s a video the KOARC did of Miss Lucy, showing that she is still enjoying her new wind-up toy:

Bloglines Readers, there’s a video embedded there!Lucy sez:

2324517045 56f4fc8a0f m DST Monday

Lucy031008.jpg

“Is DST over yet?”

Comments

1. Miss Lucy certaily a playful little girl!

2. What a darling, darling kitty! Even majorily jet-lagged as I am this second, having a hard time not falling asleep at work here at 3:06 p.m. PDT, I am always cheered by Lucykitty. Thanks KOARC for the great vid!

The shawl is beautiful beyond words…

Inquiring minds want to know: What kind of new puppy does L-B have?

luv.m.

3. P.S.
    Your internet provider is still on S.D.T. because my comment sez 5:07.. unless you’ve moved WEST, shouldn’t it be 6:07 ?? luv.m.

4. The time change is hurting me too. My eyes feel dry–I think it is just an excuse to close them. The sunlight is nice, but what a painful way to get it.

5. Sherilan says:

Agatha is beautiful (and I’m a fan of that mystery writer too). I am wondering what, in your opinion, makes the difference whether a lace knitting pattern is described as beginner, intermediate, or experienced? I figure it is subjective to a certain extent to the designer, but maybe you could comment generally on the differences? Thanks

6. I’m so with you on this DST crap. Sure I will enjoy going home in daylight tonight, but is it worth this dragged out tired feeling for getting up so flippin early? Nope.

I wish my cats would play like that. I have a toy somewhat like that for them but they prefer to catch the end and drag the entire thing around the house. I don’t think it’s going to make that many more trips down the stairs. :)

7. I hate DST too – mostly because of the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day. I like to settle in to knit or read at night after work and if it’s light out I feel guilty about it!

8. Oh please – I whine about DST for at least a week. Stupid DST. :)

Agatha is gorgeous! I love that Punky Fuschia color, too. I’d buy some, but I may have already reached Laceweight Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy…

9. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Lucy is such a star! Tonight’s photo of her is too cute–please give her a big smooch for me.

10. STUNNING — I Love the design and color :) And I am more than happy to whine with you about DST until fall if you’d like! I wish they would just leave the time be!! Just about the time I get used to it — it changes back!

Lucy sure is enjoying that toy — SO cute!!

11. Agatha is just beautiful! She really drapes nicely. Both over the form and your arm. :-)

12. I love Agatha and I’m going to make it too. You are such an inspiration. Thanks.

13. Agatha turned out lovely!

14. I love the videos of Lucy! She’s such a little cutie!

And I love that shawl, too! I can’t wait to see what your next lace project will be.

15. Ann Rose says:

Miss Lucy must be a very gentle soul to play so demurely. The part at the end, when the toy stops and she gets up as if to say, “Make it go AGAIN, will ya?” has me in suspense! Please, do tell, did “Dad” wind it up again?

16. MamaLana says:

I notice that Lucy plays “lying down.” I had a kitty who did that, too. So much more comfortable. She’s so adorable. Agatha is beautiful. I also hate DST and grumble about it until we change back! Grrrrrrrrrrr.

17. Agatha is even more beautiful when she is hanging up and all blocked out. Absolutely gorgeous, Wendy. Can’t wait to see the new project.

18. The Dream in Colour is such a lovely shade of purple.
    I can’t wait to see what you make with it.

19. Agatha is stunning. I’ve been looking for that toy to give my gang something else to play with. Drop in and see the lastest videos of my brood. I thought KORAC said it came from Walmart. Must have it mixed up with one of the other marts.

20. Mama Cat says:

Agatha is GORGEOUS and I have to get one of those toys for my cat. She’d love it.

And I am SOOOO glad that I’m not the only one who hates DST. I feel like such a freak because everybody else is saying “yay! DST!” and I’m grumbling about lost sleep. I have sleep issues all summer because it’s light too late in the day. (boy do I sound crabby … :-))

21. Wendy – That toy is a total crack up! I have a lovely hearted cat who weighs in at 19.5 #’s. He could surely use a toy like that! May I be so bold as to ask where I might locate for the purchase of said toy?

As always- your kitting is beautiful!

22. Even with DST your hair still looks great. Complain at will, I say!

23. Lynne E. says:

Whine all you like about DST–it’s a royal pain, made even worse by the government’s tinkering with the dates. I have a clock that was “pre-set” for DST time changes that now has to be changed at DST and changed again when the pre-set DST changes click in on the old DST dates. This year, I finally gave up and ordered a replacement atomic clock, so that I won’t have to fiddle with the old clock any more. Can’t wait to pitch the old thing into the trash!

24. Magnificent…………clock fiddling is a drag………let’s get rid of all of ‘em…….and go with the flow!!

25. I hate it too. But mostly because I not only loose sleep, but it throws my kids out of whack and I have tired cranky toddlers too! Grrr…

26. Just lovely — as usual. Like me, you knit many shawls. What do you do with all the ones you keep? Do you display them, such as folded on a bench, draped over furniture, or some other way in order to enjoy looking at your beautiful work and yarns?

27. This must be one of your most beautiful shawls ever. I love the width of the edging. It is so grand and complements the body of the shawl perfectly.

28. Dr. Jackie says:

Agatha is gorgeous. Like all your work. Might I ask…what does one do with the foam blocks?

29. I can’t stand DST. Never had understood why they torture us this way twice a year. Pick a time, and stick with it, don’t bother me again. I know. The theory is it saves electricity in the evening. So what? You have to turn the lights on in the morning instead. Bah.

Love your Agatha, Wendy. :-)

30. Agatha is a real beauty! And I love your new color. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

31. Theresa in Italy says:

Agatha is gorgeous, and I can’t wait to see what your next lace project will be! Meanwhile, go ahead and complain about DST as long as you want. I’m with you all the way. (It’s bad enought that it exists at all; it’s even worse that everyone doesn’t make the change at the same time—for the next two weeks, until the European clocks also switch over, every time I want to call the States, I need to recalculate what time it is over there now. Grrrr.) Lovely video of Lucy!

32. The shawl is absolutely exquisite. As is Lucy.

33. Wow … Agatha is amazing! The colors are fantastic!

34. Mary K. in Rockport says:

Your cat has major lassitude issues! (s’posed to be a joke…)

35. Katie the Kitty enjoyed watching Lucy play with her wind up ball!!! She sat in my lap and watched the whole video through twice! I may have to get one of these balls….

36. Lorraine says:

The shawl is gorgeous. I was hoping to see how it drapes in the front, since is looked like a faroese-style shawl in the blocking shot. Any chance you might post another picture?

37. Jo Morgan says:

Agatha is breathtaking. It’s just about my favorite of your lace projects. The colors, the drape, the lace patterns — perfect!

38. nicole/sweden says:

what a minute, lucy is waving at me? just me, becuz i’m back.. i mean isn’t that kitty sign language for: “hi nicole i missed yoooou.”

not to mention, what is that eric satie in the background. i *Really must have died & gone to heaven this time.

39. Agatha is absolutely stunning!!!!

Love watching Lucy play :-)

40. Info for Nicole in Sweden. The music in the video is Chopin’s Fantasy Opus 49 in F Minor.

41. I’m so glad to know there is someone else on the planet that isn’t thrilled by DST! That is the one and only thing about which I am bitter. I hate having natural daylight off-kilter from the clock. Or vice-versa.

Agatha, however, is lovely and is a bright spot in an otherwise dreary space-time continuum.

42. DST continues to suck, but Agatha hits all the pleasure center: blue, lovely lace, finished, big, beautiful.

43. Andrea Atkinson says:

Lucy is such a lady. My Lucy would have ripped that toy to pieces in less than a minute. Anything low to the floor and moving is considered to be food until proven otherwise.

44. I must agree with Lucy! This whole DST thing is stupid and outdated at this point. I do wish they’d just leave well enough alone!

The shawl is gorgeous by the way.