1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

A Couple of Bits and Bobs

Contest!

I neglected to mention earlier that Zarzuela (Queen of the Summer of Socks) is having a contest to create the official button for the Summer of Socks ’08. You have until 5:00 pm Friday (April 25) to get your entry in. If your button is selected, you will win a fabulous prize (ahem!).

Twisted Logic

I’m so pleased that y’all like my Twisted Logic socks.The pattern will be available for sale at The Loopy Ewe in the near future.

Did I finish the second sock? Not yet, but I’m close!

sip042308 240x160 A Couple of Bits and Bobs

I’ll likely finish it tonight and start a new sock for the trip.

Meet Me in St. Louis, Louis

I am off to St. Louis for The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling in the morning. Someone asked a day or two ago what classes I’m teaching. It’s just one class, but I’m teaching it 4 times — heel and toe techniques for toe-up socks.

I decided against bringing my laptop with me. I figured it really wasn’t worth schlepping it all the way there as I likely won’t have much time to be cruising online. And I won’t promise you much in the way of photos when I return, as I tend not to take too many when I go to knitting events. I don’t want to annoy the other attendees.

So, no blog post tomorrow. I return home Sunday afternoon, so you might see a post from me Sunday night.

Then again, you might not see one until Monday.

By far the hardest thing I have to do tomorrow morning is to say good-by to this little sweetheart until Sunday afternoon:

lucy042308 240x160 A Couple of Bits and Bobs

She, of course, will be having a high old time with her Daddy. I fully expect her to be disappointed when I return home. You know: “Well, Daddy lets me do this” and “Daddy lets me do that.”

Children, eh?

Comments

1. I am getting ready to leave myself, looking forward to taking your class and to the release of this terrific pattern. Safe travelling.

Cheryls last blog post..Less Than One Week

2. PICAdrienne says:

Have a safe and fun journey. I have a difficult time believing Lucy does not have each of you wrapped around her little bunny thumpers. (She doesn’t exactly have a little finger.)

3. Maybe L-B and Sherry will share some photos with us (through you)? Oh, yes, the ‘children’ are so very good at conning. (But then, I suspect they learn a lot of that from their Daddies!)

Nancys last blog post..Basking by the Hosta

4. Enjoy, enjoy and have a very safe trip and fun time! I’m sure the KOARC will spoil Lucy rotten with salmon treats and who knows whatall!

Looking forward to your post on your return! luv.m.

5. Wish I could go take your class. Have a wonderful time and trick someone else into taking the photos. (Does Lucy say “Bring me something” like my kids always did?)

Marions last blog post..Oooh, Sparkly

6. Have a safe journey and a wonderful time! At least you know that Lucy will be in good hands. I always hate to leave our own bunch and the best part about coming home is seeing them all again. I have to admit I rather enjoy being hair-free for a few days, though.

I haven’t had a chance to comment on the Lismore yet and it is stunning. I love the way the colors played out, my favorite part being the ribbing at the bottom.

7. May the travel gods smile on you, and have a wonderful time! I would have been there if it were not for prior commitments….

Say “Hi!” to Capi (we spent last week together) and Laurie B. for me!

Cathy-Cates last blog post..Snapshots from Sock Camp: Monkey Madness

8. I always end up with the pictures for your blog and I won’t be there!
    See? This is all so wrong! I should be going to Spring Fling!
    Stomp.Stomp.Pout.Pout.

9. BalletMommy says:

It’s not the children…it’s the parent! (Daddy…you be firm with Lucy, now!)

10. Hi Wendy, I know what you mean by leaving Lucy. I can barely stand to leave mine, even for a fabulous vacation. I also agree with Esther, about being hair free. With 2 dogs and 4 cats, what’s that? Have a fabulous time Wendy and happy and safe travels. Mickie

11. Alice in Richmond says:

Have lots of fun at the Spring Fling!

12. Have a grand ole fling at the fling! Enjoy without worrying about documenting it all. You can tell us about it when you’ve recovered.

Some Daddy’s spoil the kids? Mine are applying right now for a change of venue – they’re always delighted when momma returns home and they get their “trained human” back. Daddy, is seems, is untrainable.

Sandra Ds last blog post..Spring in Tennessee Is…….

13. Have a wonderful time!!

Heathers last blog post..This started out as a email to Steph!

14. My Daisy and Caelee will be saying the same thing when I come home from Maryland Sheep and Wool in a couple of weeks – I’m so excited to be going for the first time, anxious about leaving my “babies” home, but know that they will be having a great time with DH who will be spoiling them while I’m away !!! They probably won’t even notice I’m goine….well, they’ll notice, but they won’t mind too much!

Have a great time at the Loopy Ewe weekend!

Annes last blog post..Bartholomew’s Tantalizing Socks

15. They won’t realize I’m gone, gone, gone — sorry for the typo!

Annes last blog post..Bartholomew’s Tantalizing Socks

16. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Lucy will be in excellent hands with her Daddy–but I know she’ll really miss her Momma, too.

The Fling sounds fabulous. Have a wonderful time!

17. Theresa in Italy says:

But while you’re away, Lucy will be saying to the KOARC, “But Momma lets me do this! Momma lets me do that! Honest!”

Have fun at the Fling!

18. anne marie in philly says:

yep, I am like that about steven and meredith – hard to leave them and miss them when I’m away.

then I return and they act “oh, were you GONE? we didn’t even notice!” they get clingy for one day, then ignore you same as always.

the KOARC will take good care of his little girl whilst momma is away.

have a good trip!

19. Meribeth says:

Have a great time! Hope you travel is without glitch and speedy.

And yes, I get the same attitude from Elliot, “Bummer, she’s back! I had Daddy all to myself and I was able to make Oscar miserable. When is she leaving again?” brat

20. hope you have a fun trip!

vanessas last blog post..are you ready?

21. Michele in maine says:

Can’t wait to meet you in St. Louis! And I’m so looking forward to your class. I’m missing my kitties too!

22. Have a great time. But puh-leeze — schlepping your MacBook Air? Your sock needles probably weigh more that that!

23. My “bratty cattys” are def spoiled and their daddy is the one who spoiled them :-) Unfortunstely I’m the one who has to take care of them when hes gone and they def know how to get what they want and are even mor insistant when hes gone for a day or 2!

24. Thanks for the contest plug (and it *is* a fabulous prize!!!). :) Have a wonderful trip! And I know what you mean about leaving Lucy. We go away for two weeks at the end of May and I’m already wondering how I’m going to stand leaving the “kids” behind.

25. My child told me, “Have fun and bring me lots of presents like Daddy does.” Of course, Daddy’s last trip was to Japan. At least I can bring her bath stuff from the hotel and she’ll be over the moon.

26. Oh yeah! Lucy and I are gonna have some fun!

KOARCs last blog post..Warmer Weather This Way Comes

27. Wendy – have a blast at the Spring Fling! Love your latest knits and new look and features on the blog!

Lauras last blog post..Beautiful Things and Surprises Revealed

28. I know I am late on this, but had to let you know that I ADORE your Lismore.
    So much so, that I got the book on Tuesday and I copied the chart and darkened in the foreground.
    I am thinking of making the background in solid black and then the foreground in Kauni EQ —- hoping to swatch a repeat this weekend and see how it goes.

Your work is a great inspiration to me — thank you!!

29. Wow! I love the Twisted Logic pattern. It’s not often we get to see such an interesting pattern that really begs for a solid yarn. (I love solid colored sock yarns). I’m going to be sure to buy this pattern when it’s available. Thanks for another smash-bang-gee-whiz designing job. Have fun in St. Louis. Happy knitting.

Jennifers last blog post..Status Check

30. Have a safe and fulfilling trip, Wendy! I feel the same way you do about picture-taking; I feel so conspicuous!

But the question of the moment is: Do you call up KORAC and ask that he put Lucy on the phone? My husband and I do that all the time when one of us is out of town (well, with our OWN cats, not Lucy, that is.) :)

31. Our computer was at Dell last week being fixed, so I missed the end of Lismore and wanted to say how absolutely fabulous it is!! Incredible!
    The socks are wonderful too, of course. And I am jealous that I can’t attend the Spring Fling to learn from the Master, er, Mistress.

32. Lucy is usually not vociferous. Only on rare occasions does she have anything to say. So although I could put her on the phone with her mama, she’d probably only nuzzle the phone.

KOARCs last blog post..Another Neighborhood Art Project

33. I’m the spoiler in our family. With both the dogs and the cat. When we both go away the dogs are farmed out or boarded and one of my girlfriends comes to the house to take care of Chevy, my kitty. Last time we went away for 10 days and when we came home, Chevy was fat! He had always been a skinny little noodle so I don’t know what the heck she was giving him but whatever it was, he loved it! She played innocent so I still have no idea.