1. Segel, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the "Draco" gradient set on a 3.5 mm (U.S. size 4) needle.

Low-Key

That was the theme for the weekend. So low-key, in fact, that I didn’t do much of anything.

I did do a bit of knitting on my new sock-in-progress:

einkorn062908 240x160 Low Key

I’m calling this design “Einkorn Socks” because I think the design looks a bit like stalks of wheat.

einkorn062908a 240x230 Low Key

Note that I have a new foot model. This foot was sent to me by Ms. “Yea, I Knit” who is, as far as I’m concerned, the epitome of awesome. After I whined about my inability to find a mannequin foot that was the right size to model my socks, she actually found one and sent it to me! I cannot begin to tell you how happy this makes me and how much I appreciate it.

Nanner Socks

At the beginning of the month I designed a sock pattern for a group of my friends on Plurk. Because I want to keep the pattern just between friends and make it sort of “limited edition” and a gift to this special group, I won’t be distributing it to anyone after June 30, and I ask those of you who have it to not send it to other people either after that date. Thanks!

By the way, Lucy was a big help in today’s photo shoot.

lucy062908 240x160 Low Key

Comments

1. Hooray for sock models that fit your socks (and exclusive nanner patterns that I actually got in time)!

Kristens last blog post..Navajo-plied superwash merino

2. The sock looks wonderful! Lucy is alarmingly comfortable with that disembodied foot… you don’t have body parts lying around often, do you?
    I’m curious: what made it difficult to find a foot-mannequin the “right size?”

Loribirds last blog post..Addicted.

3. Yes, that Dani, she’s special!!!
    And I just emailed you for the Nanner socks, but cannot WAIT for this new pattern to be available, as it’s lovely – you know, I think patterns that reflect some of the most critical things in life (wheat, bees, love) are the sorts I want to spend my time knitting!

Ok…end of sappiness.
    (((Hugs)))

Knitnanas last blog post..The Second Pair of SOS 08 Socks is OTN!

4. Shawnee says:

I so enjoy watching you create sock patterns. In fact, thanks to you, I’m knitting my first toe-up sock. It’s your Toe-up Socks With a Difference pattern. So far, so good…but I’m finding the PFBs to be a little tricky. AND, no Kitchenering! Yeah!

5. *whew* good thing I got hooked to plurking in time ;) I have a question, how do you make some heel flaps look wedge shaped, and others look more squared, more heel-flap-y?

bellamodens last blog post..maximum occupancy

6. Awwww shucks (where’s my blushy icon and how many karma points do I need to use it?) Just enjoy it please :)

7. What luck she could find a mannequin just your size. The sock looks great on it (and Lucy,too). We had a ragdoll cat that looked just like Lucy, named Mr. Bigglesworth. My granddaughter found him in a barn in a fairgrounds where we lived. He had a snaggle tooth that made him quite unique. Unfortunately he was a man about time–even would go into our neighbor’s house–they have a habit of leaving the side door open–and take a nap on any of their available beds. His meandering cost him his life, though, when some jerk–and I mean that in the nastiest, meanist, almost death to you– driver, hit him and never even stopped. When I picked him up his little body was still warm–it was devastating. Makes me want to cry even now. Probably more than you wanted to hear. I love looking at Lucy’s photos because she looks exactly like Mr. B, except for his tooth.

Anyway, love your new socks. They are going to be available at TheLoopyEwe, I hope. I love the way the design goes up the side and meets the instep.

Sally

8. congratulations on the new mannequin. Will he/she get a name?

On another topic, now that the DH has taught me how to do Judy’s magic cast-on because the written instructions and then Cat Bordhi’s you tube video completely mystified me, I am ready to attempt two circ toe up. Can you suggest the simplest of your patterns (free or not, I’m happy to order online) for toe up two circ virgins? thx!

9. Celeste says:

How does the sock mannequin stand on its toe? It doesn’t have any means of visible support and yet the the heel is off the ground.

My daughter LOVES the Lucy pictures.

10. Love the photo shoot of Lucy and the foot. Awsome. They are both very special. Yarn color is a winner too. I think that is great about a pattern just for Plurk friends, sought of special. Have a nice rest of Sunday. I love low key Sundays.

11. It looks like Lucy is comparing foot-sizes with the mannequin!

Mandis last blog post..First Secret Pal Package!

12. Those socks are pretty! And I really love that yarn you used.

13. Lucy thought that the foot was getting too much attention! I thank Dani as well. Besides sharing my name she must be an awesome friend.

14. Sharon G says:

Thanks for the nanner pattern! I probably would have never knit yellow socks, now I have a reason to buy more yarn. (Like there has to be a reason.)

15. Dorothy says:

I joined the Plurkers on your first invite. But I have not a clue on where to find the Nanner pattern. You are on my friend’s list soooo what do I do?? Oh it is wonderful someone found you the correct size “foot” It will show off your lovely socks even more. Lucy is a sweetie as always!!

16. Theresa in Italy says:

Wonderful new pattern and I really like the color, but I suspect Lucy’s got designs on your new foot. Don’t turn your back.

17. The sock looks great and I love the color.

Jewels last blog post..Lavender Days 2008

18. Very handsome sock!

That photo of Lucy with the foot model might seem strange to a non-knitter. What about a lol-cat caption?

Barbara-Kays last blog post..First Summer of Socks 08 FO!

19. I was wondering if since I’m on Plurk too, if the sock pattern is still available?

thanks!

Castrated Beans last blog post..want a good laugh? : )

20. Wendy, the new socks are awesome! Did you post which yarn you are using for this one? Congratulations on the new foot! I’ll bet is makes life easier for you. Dani is GREAT!

21. Gretcheng says:

Hi, Wendy– I enjoy your blog so much, and have been bitten bad by the sock bug. Now I’m in SOS08, have KnitPicks 47″ needles–the whole ball of wax!
    However, I tend to use whatever yarn I have, so I’m always rejiggering a pattern to fit my gauge and foot. How does one figure out the heel numbers when your actual numbers don’t match up? Has anyone written a sort of percentage system for sock heel techniques, like the EZ percentages for sweaters? I guess it would be a little too complicated…
    I was also wondering how your new book is going. I think I read a while back that it is all about socks? Thanks– Gretcheng

22. Dani really is a special kind of awesome. Though you do have to wonder about someone that happens to have the right size fake severed foot hanging around her house. ;)

turtlegirl76s last blog post..Yet Another, Beginner Crochet Market Bag

23. Ok, I finally get on plurk and friend you and you sign off a minute later. =P This is my luck. No nanner pattern for me!

turtlegirl76s last blog post..Yet Another, Beginner Crochet Market Bag

24. Thomasean says:

Hey Wendy!!!

How did I miss the pattern for the Nanner Socks?? How did the people here get it??? Was it only for special friends???

Boo Hoo!!!!!