1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

First One Down

The first Einkorn sock is done.

einkorn063008 182x240 First One Down

I’m pleased with it, so the second one is on the needles, but just barely.

(The pattern will show up at The Loopy Ewe eventually, by the way. Thanks for asking!)

Bellamoden asked in the comments:

How do you make some heel flaps look wedge shaped, and others look more squared, more heel-flap-y?

I think it’s a matter of different patterns for different heels. My slip-stitch heel pattern yields the squared heel flap, while my gusset heel pattern makes the wedge-shaped heel.

Loribird asked:

I’m curious: what made it difficult to find a foot-mannequin the “right size?”

All the female mannequin legs/feet I’ve seen thus far are identical — with the standing on tippy-toe arched foot. That foot is smaller and narrower than my size medium sock. I guess most of these body parts come from the same manufacturer. I’m still in awe of Dani and how she managed to find a foot that fits my socks exactly.

And Barbara-Kay commented:

That photo of Lucy with the foot model might seem strange to a non-knitter.  What about a lol-cat caption?

Excellent idea. Let’s have a caption contest! Look at the photo of Lucy with the foot model:

lucy062908 240x160 First One Down

Now come up with a good LOLCats caption and leave it in the comments for today’s post. I’ll pick a winner or two or three, depending on how many entries I get, and the winners will receive something good!

Do it by 3:00pm EDT tomorrow (July 1) to be eligible to win.

Lucy sez:

lucy063008 240x188 First One Down

“I’m not sure I approve of this use of my image . . . “

Comments

1. catspaw says:

Kick me, will ya?

2. catspaw says:

We can play footzees.

I thought you said my fud cost an arm and a leg. Where’s da arm?

3. “So, my mommy will kill me for saying this, but, how do you like my new scratching post?”

karens last blog post..

4. I seez your foot and raiz you 3.

5. “My feet are prettier than yours!”

6. I can haz two left feets?

Tammy/DarthKnitters last blog post..Smile!!

7. “My feetz 2 pritty for sox”

deknitss last blog post..it sucks to be me

8. Mommie, when u sez u leav foot in azz if aiy on table agin, I not tink you serius!

9. dont panik but
    yur foot falled off!

Annikas last blog post..Eat Your Words

10. Watch where you’re walking.

11. Mary Pat says:

Are you declawed too?

12. Leslieileen says:

4 feetz much better den 1
    AND I don’t need no stinkin sox either
    pffffffffft

13. Mama says no feets on the table!

14. You put your left foot in, you take your right foot out and then you … take a nap!

Kim B.s last blog post..Look what I got!!

15. Keeping mamaz feetz warmz.

Lauras last blog post..Nothing says summer like potato salad.

16. Beth in ohio says:

This is what’s left of the last person that said they didn’t like cats. Brp!

17. See, Mama – told ya my claws needed clipping!

18. I haz a fetish :)

19. What’s wrong with that foot? It won’t play with me!

Carolines last blog post..Umm, so.

20. “Hmm, is this what they mean by ‘putting your best foot forward?’”

21. cutehair says:

I try to stay out from under foot…and foot follow me to table.
    No can win.

22. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

That’s Mommy’s sock, but where’s the rest of her?

23. I bit teh hand dat feedz me a bit too hard.

juless last blog post..Stuff we did in Virginia.

24. that’s a wonderful sock. i might have to play a loopyewe order… i’ve been wanting a sock model lately, but my foot is so small, I haven’t found the right size yet (or affordable) … I’ve been tempted to make a plaster cast of it … ;)

pennys last blog post..percent++

25. “Tolz you I’d kill you in your sleep”
    “Trofiez: I haz wun”

26. Hmm wonder if I lay here long enough she’ll rub my belly with her soft tooties….

27. U wakz me up 1 mor tym, bak 2 zombee movie 4 U

28. Beware! Killer lady kitty keeps souvenirs of unauthorized visitors!

Kozy Kittys last blog post..One down, one to go!

29. “Maybe if I pose and look really adorable next to this sock Mommy won’t notice I’m ON THE TABLE.”

Tams last blog post..Felting Instructions

30. “i gots bild own hooman kit…sum asembly rekwired.”

Imbriums last blog post..The Best Laid Plans

31. marianne says:

“givin me a hand: ur doin it rong.”

32. Play N Futsies

Nancys last blog post..One down…

33. “what’s this red thing doing in my glamour shot?”

CCs last blog post..La Jolla Children’s Pool

34. “just hoping I don’t get kicked off the table—-I know I’m not supposed to be there”

35. Monique says:

I’m not suppose to be on the table?!!? What about your foot?!!!!!!!!!

36. Okay, that’s close enough! This spot is taken.

37. Ok, so maybe I have two..

“Mommy sez no tuch yarn… Futz don count, right?”

“You act like I’m going to move for you. Keep on dreamin’ Mommy – I got your number.”

You keep posting pictures of the red yarn, by the way, and I’m going to have to buy some. It’s so purdy. I keep trying to tell myself it’s the pattern, it’s just the pattern that makes it look so purdy, certainly not the yarn.

Enablers. Geesh.

Megan S.s last blog post..Monday Stupidity

38. Me likz wildeside salmon so moovz the toesies offa’ my tumtum.

39. Juliette says:

YO! I bagged me a BIG rabbit.

40. invisible body

41. You can make a duct tape foot to model your socks that will be the same size as your foot. I havn’t tried it yet, but I have seen pics of people who have made them based on the

42. “footloose. ur doin it wrong.”

Rycraftys last blog post..Can you have too many hobbies?

43. “Pawz haz socks already.”

Julias last blog post..Bad Pun Alert

44. “Momma always say, ‘No Feets on table.’ But ayes didn fink she wud ever do DIS!

Trish in MDs last blog post..The Return of the Blankie

45. I can haz prettier claws than you. Wanna see?

Katys last blog post..I can haz mail!

46. i can grow my own sox, thx

claires last blog post..Tastes of India class, June 28th

47. Ania Bloch says:

“It’s not my size, but it is my color!”

48. Okay, I really have two. I just love the picture so much!

“If I had that big of feet I wonder how much sock yarn I could play with…”

“What kind of a red cat is that!?!”

Purls last blog post..The guy hat

49. Why u not petting yet?

Dorothys last blog post..Burnt out and Good times a’ comin’.

50. Rubz my tum-tum or Iz eat dis foot 2!

51. Thiz sock iz going to fit me purrrfect! And I lookz gorgez in red.

52. “My paw can take on that foot anytime. Best two out three…”

53. 1…2…3…4…EEK ! I’ve grown a foot!

Marions last blog post..

54. Tastes like chicken.

55. A purrrrfect sock from the purrrrfect yarn on the purrrfect foot to rub my tummy…

56. Feline Footsie!

57. “Dang, this is some soft paws!”

Rachels last blog post..long awaited..

58. Mary Beth says:

“Giv me another baff and you’ll have no legs!”

59. “Feet don’t belong on the table”

60. “scratch my belly, pleeeeezzze……yeah thats the spot!”

Vickis last blog post..so Claudia was riding a bike for MS

61. Do you mind?!!! I believe I reserved this table for one!

62. Oh puhleeeeze … just becuz ur red ‘n lacy doesn’t mean I plan to move an inch!

63. You are seriously in danger there.

GailRs last blog post..Busy Busy Bee

64. “Yeah, yeah, you’re a disembodied foot, big whoop. Where’s my Greenies?”

kmkats last blog post..Needle matters. Or, needles matter.

65. Dr. Jackie says:

“I can’t believe I (almost) ate the whole thing…burp!”

66. “I axed fur a blankie – not sox!”

67. gee…if the rest of her was here, she could get me something to eat…..

68. “i knew there wuz no trustin’ that dating site… you looks nuthin like ur pixure.”

Melissa (Meliabella)s last blog post..One Down, One to Go!

69. The duct tape foot model instructions are here. As for captions, my submission is:

Rite foot red. Wate! Front or back?

auntiemichals last blog post..Into the Closet

70. JoAnn-WI says:

Lucy asks, “Is it declawed?”

Love the new socks, Wendy.

71. FOOT KAT TAKEZ FETISH 2 FAR

Sally Villarreals last blog post..July List

72. Hariamrit says:

I told Mommy that diet wasn’t healthy!

73. “Mama said she was going to put her foot down…is this what she meant?”

74. Pensguys says:

Hey! Don’tcha SEE me LAYING here?! Uh…where’s the REST of you?

75. Im ready, Youz can pet me now.

Pennys last blog post..Dyeing swap!

76. This might explain the new books on the coffee table: “Encyclopedia of Serial Killers”, “Murder 101″, and “How to commit the perfect Murder”.

77. Susanne says:

“You talkin’ to me?”

78. “I can haz footrub?”

Hatties last blog post..My Sock!

79. Jacquie says:

“My bunny thumpers are beautiful!”

cos Miss. Lucy has the cutest toes

80. “Hey now, if I’m not supposed to stand on the table, how come she’s allowed to?!”

81. “Toejamz. You has them.”

82. Kitteh Big Foot
    I squishes micies good now

Marys last blog post..Auntie at 96

83. “…And this little piggy cried ‘wee, wee, wee,’ all the way home!…OK, now you do my toes.”

Suzannes last blog post..Junuary becomes June

84. hooman puts foot with dangulz an string on da table. My werk heer is finishd.

Gennys last blog post..Sick of lists yet?

85. Tummyrubzez:

Ur doin it rong…

Lynnes last blog post..Victory!!!

86. Catherine says:

“I luvz hoomanz but I cant eat a hole wun…”

87. Alice Moisen says:

Now I can lie at my human’s foot even while she’s at work. Life is truly good!

88. babyface says:

Get your crummy resin paws off me. Can’t you see I’m trying to take
    a nap??????

89. “I told you, iz mai table!”

90. I lub human scratching postz.

I axed for a hand!

Another 1 bitz the dust.

If feat can b on teh table, so can I.

Clestials last blog post..Socks Socks Socks

91. I can haz trofee?

92. Suellen says:

“I’ve given you all the cuteness I can muster, but, NOOO, not a foot rub to be had…”

93. Loving the new sock and I really like how Ribbon Candy turned out too. :)

94. Where’s the toe fluff on this thing? Mama, you forgot to put in toe fluff. Unacceptable. Get this thing off of here. Mama, get your foot off the table. Where were you brought up? In a barn? I’m trying to be understanding but you do push the limits of my generosity. If you serve me Wildside Salmon this instant I’ll consider forgiving you.

95. The foot and I

96. cecilia says:

You may wear those socks but I am in charge and sometimes things fall off tables by themselves if you catch my drift.

97. FRESH!

98. Love the pattern I will look for it on the Loppy Ewe!

Jewels last blog post..The House

99. “How is this person going to get to the kitchen to feed me?”

100. BreannaS says:

trying to sock it to me will never work! This is MY table, move over!

Trackbacks

1. [...] Create an lolcats caption for a picture of Lucy with a foot model by 3:00 pm EDT, July 1 (aka today), and you could win “something good.” I noes u guyz haz seryus capshuning skillz, so go 2 it! [...]