1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

Smoke and Mirrors

Here is the first of the Smoke and Mirrors socks.

thumbs SIP072008 Smoke and Mirrors

And a close-up:

thumbs SIP072008a Smoke and Mirrors

I didn’t spend a lot of time knitting this weekend, so not a lot of progress.

In case you noticed . . .

Photos are not (as I write this) showing up for older blog entries, and the free patterns seem to be unavailable. It seems to be some issue with the location where my media is stored. I uploaded the photos for this entry to a different place. Hopefully all will be resolved eventually.

Lucy sez:

Thank you, Steven and Meredith!

Lucy’s mom had lunch on Friday with Steven and Meredith’s mom (better known as Anne-Marie in Philly) and she brought a couple of gifts from her 2 kitties, Steven and Meredith, for Miss Lucy, some treats and a lovely hand-knit catnip mouse. Here is a video of Lucy playing with her new mouse.

Comments

1. Nice sock. Lucky Lucy to get new treats.

Has she been making nice with her new “sister?”

Marions last blog post..New Books

2. Poor Lucy. Perhaps a little remedial catnip mouse training would help ;-)

kmkats last blog post..Saturday: frolicking and fitting, tra la.

3. Wendy in Cambridge says:

I love Lucy videos! Thanks for posting that one.

4. Good name for the new socks.

sarinas last blog post..Socks – Monkeys

5. Ruh roh. Another Wendy Knits pattern I’ll have to get

6. New sock pattern. lustlustlustlust

7. Wendy, I hope the yarn in Lucy’s toy is wool. One of my cats had a terrible problem when she at a hunk of acrylic yarn . The vet told me that wool is digestable, but acrylic and dental floss can create the equivilent of a furball.

Socks are beautiful BTW.

8. Nice sock, is it by chance an Entrelac pattern or something else? You do beautiful work!

9. Your sock is beautiful as usual…and Lucy is a card. She is so lovely and I enjoy seeing her in your posts.

10. Patt Ward says:

Lucy is so cute! I miss my Siamese kitty when I see her. Hey, past the video I can’t get any pictures and your banner is missing, too. Any one else have this problem? I’m only on the Net about once a week, so I really miss those pictures. Thanks

11. Beautiful sock and yarn, as usual. I always have a terrible time choosing a pattern to use with variegated yarn.

Lucy is beautiful, as well! (as usual)

12. I love the new socks and the name!

13. Lynne E. says:

What a relief, to see the human intervention! I was getting worried about what Lucy had swallowed. :-) The Smoke and Mirrors design is quite lovely.

14. Aussie Rosemary says:

Loved the video -but I am nosy. Any chance of a close up of your books?

15. I loved that Lucy looked like she was eating spaghetti instead of a mouse!

anmiryams last blog post..Re-Entry

16. Timmie B says:

As always I love the sock pattern. I have some of CTH’s Java in Supersock or Sockittome but don’t remember the blues. It is a most interesting colorway in fabric form. Your pictures make me want to stash dive but will wait till this pattern is available and use Java to make it. Thanks for the Lucy video

17. Cool, the name stuck! I named a WendyKnits pattern! *Is Proud*

18. Yikes! Lucy will have to stick to Manx Mice.

Tans last blog post..Things to do on Thursday

19. There have been a lot of videos on the blogs this weekend, dogs, cats, grandkids… it’s been a good weekend to visit blogs.

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Sunday Miracles Still Happen

20. anne marie in philly says:

steven and meredith say: “we are happy you enjoyed our gifts, cousin lucy! and our mommy thanks you for your hospitality!”

21. I’m betting that yarn comes out the other end and you’ll be cleaning it out of the litterbox. Nice socks by the way.

Pats last blog post..Busy week

22. OMG — you met my pal Anne-Marie from Philly?! Did you just LOVE her? By the way, I bet she was quite star-struck……. but you should be too. She is quite a character AND our SnB’s fearless leader.

23. I have a cat who is a compulsive string/yarn eater. Cats are such funny critters. Lucy looks like she’s pretty content at it though.

Love the new socks!

Dorothys last blog post..Ark Wanted.

24. Lucy, you are a silly kitty. I’ve had some cat toys like that – they katzes try to eat’em instead of playing wit’em!

LOVE THAT SOCK! luv.m.

25. yum on those socks. :)

pennys last blog post..Pinchas

26. NewJerseyLaura says:

Gorgeous sock and pattern. Georgous kitty :)

27. Theresa in Italy says:

Thanks for the Lucy video! Even my jaded teenagers love Lucy! The socks are terrific. Love the name, the pattern, and the way the yarn looks knitted up.

28. My little (well big) girl Charlie is a yarn eater like Lucy!! I keep saying I’m gonna use some leftover sockyarn and make some catnip micies…it hasnt gotten done yet but the purrrrkids havent noticed yet :-) I hope Lucy figgers out how to play with the mouse soon or it is gonna become a Manx really quick.
    Tha Java Socks are coming along nicely I cant wait for that pattern to become available as well.

29. Love the new socks! Thanks for sharing so many great pics!

30. Great video of Lucy. She is really a laugh. Love the sock and yarn. It looks so different knitted up.

31. Lucy, you go girl. That mouse tail must be yummy, and just think what it will be like when you get to the mouse itself.

I love the texture of the Smoke and Mirrors socks, but I am sorry to say I am not into the colorway. Mayhap photography does not do the colors justice — I am not meaning to be critical.

Best wishes,
    firefly

32. Love that new sock yarn! Lucy’s encounter with the catnip mouse reminds of one company’s habit of taking prospective job applicants to lunch, ordering pizza and observing how the clueless applicant deals with the cheesy caps, and awkward stretchy and drippy mozzarella while conversing with the company representative.

33. Lucy has forgotten which end is up! How funny!! She is too cute. Love the new pattern as well. Happy Monday! :)

34. My little Gracie-girl eats mousie tails too! Lucy is SUCH a pretty kitty,
    I am one of her adorning fans!

35. OMG, that video of Lucy chewing the mouse tail was just TOO cute! And I love love love the socks!