Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Two Tickets to Paradise

These are my two tickets to paradise.

itunes072108 240x160 Two Tickets to Paradise

A total of $50 in iTunes gift cards. Woo! I got these gift cards with reward points from my credit card. Now comes the hard part: selecting songs to buy.

I open up the iTunes store fired up with good intentions but when the store is open in front of me, I can’t think of what I want to buy. Any of you have that problem? Want to help me out?

I want to buy classic rock from the 1960s through 1990s. Leave a comment to this post suggesting a classic rock song from that time period, and I’ll enter you in a drawing for a WendyKnits sock kit — pattern of your choice plus the yarn to knit it. One comment per person, please, but feel free to suggest multiple songs in your comment. I’ll draw a name on Thursday and announce the winner in Thursday’s blog post, so have your entries in by midnight this Wednesday (July 23).

Thanks!

And hopefully some of you will suggest songs I don’t already have. ๐Ÿ˜€

Here we have a Smoke and Mirrors sock.

smoke072108 240x160 Two Tickets to Paradise

Knit from Cherry Tree Hill Select Supersock in the Java colorway, on 2mm needles. There was a question in the comments — is this entrelac? Nope, it’s just yarn-overs and decreases. Actually pretty darn easy to knit! There is a second sock, but can I find it right now? No.

About Lucy and the Mouse

In the video I posted yesterday it looked as though Lucy was eating the tail of her catnip mouse. She didn’t actually eat it, and we were watching her the whole time. She is usually not interested in yarn at all, and never tries to eat it. I was a little surprised that she showed such interest in her catnip mouse’s tail, but itwas no doubt the catnip fumes that befuddled her.

lucy072108 160x240 Two Tickets to Paradise

She looks a bit more composed here!

Comments

1. Since you left the 80s in there….I feel compelled to add
    Rock Lobster (B-52s), The Wall (the entire darn album…Pink Floyd), hmmm… and oh! HOME FOR A REST – Spirit of the West (that’s a Canuck must-have folks). More that leap to mind – My Generation (The Who), LoveCats (The Cure), She Sells Sanctuary (The Cult)…gorsh, is my age showing?
    have fun,
    Kate
    I almost want to ask you to publish the list at the end, it’s bound to be awesome….

2. Sharon B says:

For something different, two Burton Cummings classics: Dreams of a Child and Break it to Them Gently. They are must haves!

3. Phaedra says:

Whole Lotta Love – Led Zepplin
    Proud Mary – Ike & Tina Turner
    In-A-Godda-Da-Vida – Iron Butterfly
    The Immigrant Song – Led Zepplin

4. leslie - knitting therapist says:

Definitely 20th Century Boy by The New York Dolls. Sounds as fresh as the day it was recorded and guaranteed to put a spring in your step!

5. 1. Magic Man by Heart
    2. Barracuda by Heart
    3. Limelight by Rush
    4. The Spirit of the Radio by Rush

Kims last blog post..Awesome dinner

6. Mary Beth says:

“Slit Skirts” by Pete Townsend (1982 album “All the Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes”)
    Not your typical ITunes buy, but a great song!

7. Marla Ford says:

Classic Motown – especially Marvin Gaye, 4 Tops and the Temps

8. knitwit4162 says:

As I child of the 70’s, I would suggest
    1. American Woman Jimi Hendrix
    2. Can’t Find My Way Home Joe Cocker or Steve Winwood both recorded this
    3. Maybe I’m Amazed Paul McCartney and Wings
    4. Shine On You Crazy Diamond Pink Floyd
    5. Let It Rain The Who
    6. Do You Feel Like I Do Peter Frampton (the first album or “big CD” as my kids called them) that I bought

Enjoy your shopping spree…so much fun…

9. Suzanne says:

Anything by Journey and 38 Special. Maybe some Delbert McClinton also but he may be considered more jazz if my memory is correct. The name just came to mind while I was reading through the comments.

10. 70s: Jim Croce, Alabama Rain (from Life and Times, 1973)
    80s: Queen, Crazy Little Thing Called Love (from The Game, 1980)
    90s: R.E.M., What’s the Frequency, Kenneth? (from Monster, 1994)

Looks like you have quite a list to get through here. Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜€

elvisneedsboatss last blog post..quidditch, round 3

11. This is so hard…
    The Who — My Generation
    Anything by Eric Clapton, but for sure After Midnight, Wonderful Tonight, Cocaine, Layla
    Rod Stewart — Maggie May
    BTO — Takin’ Care of Business and You Ain’t Seen Nothin’ Yet (dorm music)
    Anything/everything by Harry Chapin
    Carole King – everything from Tapestry

Would you like my entire ’70’s playlist? ๐Ÿ˜‰

jannas last blog post..I always need help with blocking

12. I’d recommend “Tales of Brave Ulysses”, by Cream. Also “Sad Lisa” by Cat Stevens, and “Broadsword” by Jethro Tull. Or just about anything you can find by America, especially “Houses in White” or “Crying in my Sleep.”

Rias last blog post..Recovering.

13. OK here are some of my favorite albums of all time:

Fleetwood Mac, Rumors
    Fleetwood Mac, self titled
    Foreigner, self titled
    Led Zeppelin –Mothership (a greatest hits collection)
    Shout–The Very Best of Tears for Fears
    James Taylor–Sweet Baby James
    Elton John–Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy
    Heart–Dreamboat Annie
    Eagles–Hotel California
    Little River Band–The Definitive Collection
    Pilot –Magic (s0ng only)
    King Harvest –Dancing in the Moonlight (song only)
    Hooked on a Feeling–Blue Swede (ooga shocka version)
    Elton John–Bennie and the Jets
    Who Wants to Live Forever–Queen
    Billy Joel–The Stranger, Turnstiles, 52nd Street
    REO Speedwagon–You Can Tune a Piano, but You Can’t Tuna Fish
    When Harry Met Sally–Soundtrack
    Sleepless in Seattle–Soundtrack
    kd lang–Inginue
    The Indigo Girls–Self Titled
    Sarah McLachlin–Mirrorball
    John Mellencamp–The Best that I could Do

I could go on and on, but I have some knitting to do!

Trish (whose 80GB iPod is almost full)

TrishD in MDs last blog post..Baby Sweater Update

14. Hello, I love you – (The Doors)
    Imagine All The People – (Beatles)
    Teach Your Children – (Crosby, Sills, Nash & Young)
    You Can’t Always Get What You Want – (Rolling Stones)
    Love Walks In – Van Halen

15. kelly in new mexico says:

Led Zepplin, Foriegner, War,Grand Funk, Jimmy Hendrrix, The Stones, Def Lepprd, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, Fleetwood Mac, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Motley Crue, White Snake, Nazareth, Stix, Deep Purple, CCR, Bruce Springstin, Sammy Hagaar, Van Halen,The Who,
    ZZ Top……..These are just a few of my favs and I’m sure yours too:)

16. Here are a few from my “Classics” playlist:

ZZ Tip – Tush

Liz A.s last blog post..Sidetracked

17. Layla- Eric Clapton
    Anything by ZZ Top especially Cheap Sunglasses or La Grange
    Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Dream On and Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith
    Anything by Journey especially Lights, Who’s crying Now ,Don’t Stop Believin and Lovin’,Touchin’,Squeezin’

Now I gotta go listen to some tunes!

La Vernas last blog post..A little something about me

18. I just bought the new CD by Journey for **my husband** Anything by them is great as well as Supertramp and old Elton John and Queen. Love Queen.

19. I just saw James Taylor at Tanglewood and I have to say anything he recorded during that period or wait till September when he releases a new CD which contains covers from other artisit. Have a listen on his web site, good stuff!

20. The si no way I can read through all the comments to see if anyone else posted the same songs so I’m sorry if these are repeats. Since my 11 yo is now into guitar hero, I’ll put a few of his new faves, “Smoke on the water” “Every breath you take”. Actually anything by the Police and Aerosmith would be good. Fleetwood Mac too!

21. “Norwegian Wood” by the Beatles.

Kathode Ray Tubes last blog post..Meme to distract from lack of knitting

22. Beatles, James Taylor, U2 – great artists to knit by…
    Maybe even a little Neil Diamond…

23. Heather says:

Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (actually anything by Queen)
    The Band – The Weight
    The Eagles – Hotel California
    Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird

24. Janis Joplin : Me & Bobby McGee
    Dylan & Baez : The Times they are a changing
    Eagles : Hotel California
    The Animals : The House of the Rising Sun
    Queen : We will rock you.

Are a few of my personal favourites.

25. ok–here are some of my faves:
    Pure Prairie League–Amie
    Jonathan Edwards–Sunshine (Go Away Today)
    Elvis Costello–Alison, Oliver’s Army, Girls Talk, Gettin’ Mighty
    REM–(Don’t Go Back to) Rockville, Fall On Me, So Central Rain,
    Bruce– Sandy, anything from Born to Run
    Billy Bragg–You woke Up My Neighborhood
    Sly and Family Stone–Dance To The Music
    Squeeze–Tempted, Black Coffee in Bed
    David Bowie–Young Americans
    Nirvana–anything from UnPlugged, esp Come As You Are, The Man who Sold the World
    Smithereens–Only a Memory, Time Won’t Let Me
    Michelle Shocked–Anchorage
    Dave Edmunds and Robert Plant–Little Sister
    Hall and Oates–She’s Gone, Sara Smile
    John Cougar–Under the Boardwalk, Paper in Fire, Little Pink Houses, wild Night
    Matthew Sweet–Girlfriend
    Pearl Jam–Black

Thanks for making me scroll thru my ipod–there are too many things I need to listen to!

Janices last blog post..Los Monos Locos and stash-building

26. The Supremes, The Flirts, The Go-Gos! Lets hear it for the girl bands!

27. U2- anything from the War album
    Seal- Kiss from a Rose
    The Police- Message in a Bottle, Roxanne

Colleens last blog post..Bee & Thistle

28. can’t read thru 200 comments but don’t forget “comfortably numb” by pink floyd, “gloria” by patti smith, “brown eyed girl” van morrison and alison by elvis costello

29. If I may suggest a little Canadian content (or can-con as it’s known up here), nearly anything from the Tragically Hip in the 80’s and 90’s would be a good bet, particularly Grace, Too; Ahead by A Century; and New Orleans Is Sinking. Regardless, I hope you enjoy whatever songs you buy!

30. Linda in Chicago says:

My 20 something daughters are listening to music by “Girl Talk”. I’d describe it as a “Where’s Waldo” for the ears. Fun, different, a bit unorthodox. Give it a google.

31. In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson (ps that would be a great sock pattern name!)
    Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull
    Hocus Pocus by Focus

BethCs last blog post..Finished Hemlock Ring

32. (scrolling through my iTunes library)
    AC/DC: Dirty Deed Done Dirty Cheap, It’s a Long Way to the Top, Rock Me All Night Long
    Aerosmith: Dude (Looks LIke a Lady), Walk This Way
    Allman Brothers: Melissa, Blue Sky, Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More, Whipping Post
    Billy Idol: White Wedding
    Billy Squier: Stroke
    Black Sabbath: War Pigs, Paranoid
    Blind Faith: Can’t Find My Way Home
    Blue Oyster Cult: Don’ Fear the Reaper
    Bob Segeer: Old Time Rock ‘n’ Roll
    Bruce Springsteen: Thunder Road, My Hometown, Glory Days, Streets of Philadelphia
    Eric Clapton: After Midnight,Tears i Heaven, Layla, Lay Down Sally, Cocaine
    The Clash: London Calling
    Crosby, Still, Nash & Young: Woodstock, Our House
    Deep Purple: Smoke on the Water, Woman from Tokya
    Depeche Mode: Personal Jesus
    Dire Straits: Sultans of Swing, Money for Nothing
    Doors: Light My Fire, Riders on the Storm, L.A. Woman, Touch Me, Love Her Madly, Been Down So Long, People Are Strange
    Duran Duran: Rio, Hungry Like the Wolf
    Elton John: Honky Cat, Rocket Man
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer: Lucky Man
    Fleetwood Mac: Rhiannon, Chain, Tusk, Go Your Own Way, Gypsy, Don’t Stop Thinkin’ About Tomorrow
    George Thorogood: Bad to the Bone
    Grateful Dead: Truckin’, Sugar Magnolia, Friend of the Devil, Ripple
    Heart: Barracuda,Crazy on You
    INXS: Devil Inside
    Iron Butterfly: Inna Godda Da Vida
    Janis Joplin: Piece of My Heart, Ball and Chain, Me & Bobby McGee
    Jefferson Airplane: Somebody to Love
    Kansas: Carry On Wayward Son, Dust in the Wind
    Led Zeppelin: Immigrant Song, Black Dog, Battle of Evermoe, Stairway to Heaven, When the Levee Breaks
    Leonard Cohen: Suzanne
    Lou Reed: Walk on the Wild Side
    Lynyrd Skynyrd: Sweet Home Alabama, Free Bird
    Mamas & Papas: California Dreamin’, Monday Monday
    Marvin Gaye: What’s Goin’ On
    Moody Blues: Nights in White Satin
    Metallica: Master of Puppets
    Ozzy Oxbourne: Crazy Train
    Pet Shop Boys: West End Girls
    Tom Petty:American Girl, Refugee
    Phil Collins: You Can’t Hurry Love
    Wilson Pickett: Land of 1000 Dances
    Pink Floyd: Money
    Police: Don’t Stand So Close to Me
    Queen: Behemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions, Another One Bites the Dust, Killer Queen, Somebody to Love
    Rare Earth: I Just Want to Celebrate
    Rolling Stones:Brown Sugar, Tumbling Dice, Gimme Shelter, Satisfaction, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Midnight Rambler,You Can’t Always Get What You Want, Dead Flowers
    Santana: Black Magic Woman
    Simon & Garfunkel: Mrs. Robinson, Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme, Sounds of Silence, Bridge Over Troubled Water
    Paul Simon: Graceland
    Steppenwolf: Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride
    Sting: Fields of Gold
    Talking Heads: Take Me to the River, Burning Down the House
    Three Dog Night: Joy to the World
    Toto: Africa
    U2: Mysterious Ways, Where the Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
    UB40: Red Red Wine
    Wang Chung: Dance Hall Days
    Who: I Can See For Miles, Bagic Bus, Squeeze Box, Acid Queen, Pinball Wizard, Baba O’Riley, Getting in Tune, Going Mobile, Won’t Get Fooled Again,
    Yardbirds: Heart Full of Soul, For Your Love
    ZZ Top: Viva Las Vegas, Tush, Sharp Dressed Man, Gimme All Your Lovin’, Legs

kmkats last blog post..Saturday: frolicking and fitting, tra la.

33. First song that came to my mind was “Crocodile Rock” by Elton John

Then “Burning Love” by Elvis was next.

My sister and I used to rock out to these songs all the time. Flash lights as strobe lights while we danced, yeah, good times.

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Make The Most of Monday Mornings

34. I have not taken the time to read all the suggestions, so please forgive me if these have already been mentioned. There are the ones that first came to mind:

Kiss On My List by Hall & Oats
    Maggie May by Rod Stewart
    White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane
    Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison
    Sugar Magnolia by Grateful Dead

and finally – showing my age – I give you the song that was my true introduction to rock and roll:

I Want to Hold Your Hand by The Beatles

35. Brandy (you’re a fine girl) Looking Glass
    Purty (sic? I don’t know how they spelled it) Little Love Song
    (or most anything by them) Marshall Tucker Band
    of course–anything by Fleetwood Mac and/or Journey ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I’m the same way when I get on iTunes BTW…enjoy!
    Rori

36. anne marie in philly says:

oh man…some of my personal faves:

elton john – madman across the water
    the who – behind blue eyes
    billy joel – the stranger
    tom petty and the heartbreakers – i won’t back down
    meat loaf – you took the words right outta my mouth
    the beatles – blackbird
    the rolling stones – dead flowers OR the girl with faraway eyes
    bruce springsteen – tunnel of love OR brilliant disguise
    jackson browne – the pretender
    fleetwood mac – landslide
    iron butterfly – in-a-gadda-da-vida

PS – I forgot to say “HI!” to L-B in the last post; nice of you to think of me, L-B!

37. If I had $50 for iTunes, I’d buy Journey and Paul Simon songs. But that’s just me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey, I was wondering if you have any plans to offer a generic sock pattern for sock weight yarn with a gusset heel? I can’t stand knitting top-down socks, but I find that short row heels make the sock a lot harder to get on.

38. Fool in the Rain, Led Zeppelin, 1979
    It’s six minutes, so you get your money’s worth. ๐Ÿ™‚

I was going to also suggest Revolution (the slow/mellow version sometimes called “Revolution 1” from the white album, not the faster one that gets a lot of radio airplay) by the Beatles, but evidently the Beatles are not available on iTunes yet.

39. Maureen says:

“For What It’s Worth” Buffalo Springfield, “All You Need Is Love” and any other Beatles, also lots of Simon and Garfunkle like “The Sound of Silence. Actually, I think lots of the 60s etc. music I like is more folk than classic rock.

And to drive your husband mad, “I Am Woman” Helen Reddy. Or maybe not.

40. Anything by YES or Genesis!

41. Traffic! Who doesn’t love “Dear Mr. Fantasy” or “The Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys”? I’m also a fan of Love, particularly “Little Red Book.”

Chriss last blog post..Guardians

42. Anything by Elton John would work for me.

43. The Sun Also Rises – Fever Tree – or actually anything from Fever Tree’s Album Another Time Another Place.

44. How about classic country rock? Asleep at the Wheel, Commander Cody, Poco…or classic Bob Seeger (Get Out of Denver), Thin Lizzy (Whisky in the Jar -O or of course RADAR LOVE…best driving song ever!

45. When I got to itunes, I sat and thought about songs that I remember singing and humming along to. I spent many summer days with two girlfriends and we would take long walks and listen to the transistor radio. We loved songs that were fun to sing along to. So those are the songs I found and downloaded. Even now I hear songs while shopping in Walmart or a grocery store and thing…I’m gonna dl that one when I get home….some of the songs I have downloaded are Electric Avenue, Africa, Puttin on the Ritz, The Eagles Greatest Hits, All the Beatles music I can find…Have fun spending your cards…

46. Paradise in the Dashboard Lights- Meatloaf
    and Inagaddadavida was Iron Butterfly

47. elizabeth says:

Do you know what song I really really love? Turn to Stone by Electric Light Orchestra.

And it doesn’t really fit the time frame but…I’m also rediscovering the Mary-Chapin Carpenter Album “Come on Come On” which may have been the soundtrack to most of my childhood.

48. “Stranglehold” by Ted Nugent It’s long so you get more for your .99

49. No Sugar Tonight by the Guess Who, Box of Rain and Sugar Magnolia by the Grateful Dead.

50. Bonnie H. says:

Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) by The Hollies
    Live and Let Die by Paul McCartney and Wings
    Takin’ Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive
    Turn the Page by Bob Seger
    (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman by Carole King
    Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin
    A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum
    She’s Not There by Santana
    Do It Again by Steely Dan
    La Grange by ZZ Top
    Give Me One Reason (the version iTunes has is by Eric Clapton and Tracy Chapman)

51. Some of my favorites are Aretha Franklin ‘s Respect (or any “vintage” Aretha),The Beatles, and though he isn’t classic rock, I love my Lyle Lovett.

52. what? i’m #246 and NO Stevie Wonder yet???
    STEVIE!!!
    -You are the Sunshine of My life!
    -Superstition
    etc
    or Curtis Mayfield- SUPERFLY!

53. “Ah Leah” by Donnie Iris. It’s such a wonderful, groovy track that you’ll always smile when you listen to!

54. Please Please Me by the Beatles
    or Yesterday
    or anything by the Beatles! Beatles Rule!

DianeSs last blog post..In Which I Recommend Funny Websites and Give a Kitten Update

55. You have excellent taste in music! The first few songs I thought of that fit the category had “dance” in the title, so I’ll do a theme:

And We Danced – The Hooters
    Dance the Night Away – Van Halen
    Come Dancing – The Kinks
    Moondance – Van Morrison
    Dancing Queen – ABBA (I saw “Mamma Mia!” this weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, check out this list of “100 Greatest Guitar Riffs” and you’ll find tons of idea for download: http://tinyurl.com/6k8bef

56. Maneater–Hall and Oates!

57. Dear Husband is a music junkie (DJs and works in a Barnes & Noble music dept.), so I asked him for his recommendations. Here they are:

Black Mountain Side by Led Zeppelin
    America by Simon & Garfunkle
    Hey Joe by Jimmy Hendrix
    Take Me Home Country Roads by John Denver
    Black Water by the Doobie Brothers
    Joy to the World by Three Dog Night
    The Times They Are A-Changing by Peter, Paul & Mary
    Teach Your Children by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

Reds last blog post..Olympic Training

58. “Starman” by David Bowie. Great song.

Anisas last blog post..to frog or not to frog?

59. Cheap Trick- I want you to want me.

Well most Cheap Trick will do really. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sandras last blog post..Keeping busy…

60. Doobie Brothers~~~ China Grove!

Marias last blog post..Dog Tired!

61. Mental rose says:

I hope no one else has suggested it, but since Dad used to sing me to sleep with this song as a child (?!?) I offer up House of the Rising Sun by The Animals (1964)

62. more today than yesterday, the spiral staircase.
    wedding bell blues, the fifth dimension
    god didn’t make little green apples, roger miller
    here comes my baby, cat stevens

63. Yes, well, yeah–anything by the Beatles is going to be good.

But, how about the Proclaimers? I love that Scottish twin duo, and their “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” is absolutely fabulous, as is, really, everything.

I don’t suppose that Harry Connick Jr counts as rock, huh?

64. I just looked at my iPod, and apparently I have not liked any popular music since 1978, much less classic rock.

For summer, The Beach Boys “Endless Summer” compilation is hard to beat.
    Also…
    Crosby, Stills, and Nash
    Chicago
    Elton John
    Blood, Sweat, and Tears
    Carole King
    Grand Funk Railroad
    Doobie Brothers
    Van Morrison

How do you feel about rock-ish cast albums? Grease, Rocky Horror, Chess, Hairspray?

Cheryls last blog post..The brains of the outfit

65. Bob Seeger, Old Time Rock and Roll
    Eric Clapton, Layla
    Anything Stevie RayVaughn

66. Early Beastie Boys

67. “Louie Louie,” the unofficial official song of Washington State.

Sue Vs last blog post..Back to Doilies

68. My choice would be Woodstock, by Joni Mitchell. That song takes me right back to a most magical time.

69. Ok, I’m pretty sure that your iTunes cards have been spent 50 times over by now, but you have a fabulous list to work with.

I’m going to agree with Meatloaf (all), Beatles (all), and add:
    INXS: Never Tear us Apart (or maybe just all ๐Ÿ™‚
    Johnny Cash (you’re going to need a bigger card to get all his stuff ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Jefferson Airplane (all)
    Janis Joplin (all)
    Cat Stevens (Soundtrack to Harold & Maude)
    Simon & Garfunkel
    Stairway to Heaven

Ok, I think I’ve spent your whole card and I’ve not even listed all the mandatory artists from the 60’s. Good luck!

-Jenn

70. Bread – The Guitar man
    Byrds – Sweetheart of the Rodeo

KnitMarys last blog post..

71. How fun to have gift certificates to spend! Here’s some of my favorites from the 90s:
    Good – Better than Ezra
    But Anyway – Blues Traveler
    Still the Night – The BoDeans
    Rock and Roll Lifestyle – Cake
    Blue – The Jayhawks

Lynns last blog post..More visitors

72. Eye of The Tiger – Survivor

73. Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog from Joss Whedon. Download the season pass to enjoy a “Greek tragedy on crack.”

Cruel to be Kind by Nick Lowe

Different Drum by Linda Ronstadt

Jessie’s Girl by Rick Springfield

74. Duran Duran : The Chauffeur
    Don Henley: Boys of summer
    Belinda Carlisle: – just something from her
    U2: The unforgettable fire

75. I am a Teen of the 80’s and a 20-something of the 90’s. I am Generation X, so here’s my 2 cents worth:

From the 80’s if you want to rock out:
    You Give Love a Bad Name or Living on a Prayer — Bon Jovi
    We Got the Beat — The Go-Go’s
    Walk Like an Egyptian or Hazy Shade of Winter — The Bangles
    Rio or Hungry Like the Wolf — Duran Duran
    Welcome to the Jungle — Guns n Roses
    Girls Just Want to Have Fun — Cyndi Lauper
    I Ran — Flock of Seagulls
    Video Killed the Radio Star — The Buggles (1st vid ever played on MTV!)

If you want to rock out to something from the 90’s:
    Smells Like Teen Spirit or Lithium — Nirvana
    Zombie — The Cranberries
    Creep — Radiohead
    It’s the End of the World As We Know It, Losing My Religion or Shiny Happy People — REM
    Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) — Green Day
    Ray of Light or Vogue — Madonna
    Supermodel — RuPaul

And these are just a tip of the iceberg…. ๐Ÿ™‚

76. I’ve been feeling the love for INXS lately – favorites include Elegantly Wasted, Suicide Blonde, What You Need, This Time . . . I’ll try to hold back and stop there.
    I’m also slightly obsessed with Bowie’s Golden Year and Kansas’ Carry On my Wayward Son. Also, you can never go wrong with The Who – and bonus points for Eddie Vedder’s version of Hard Sun, though it doesn’t fit in with your 60s-90s theme.

77. So many good ones!
    My favs: You make me so very happy, and
    Spinning Wheel both by Blood Sweat and Tears.
    40,000 Headmen by Traffic

I must be older than most of the other readers. ;-p

PainterWomans last blog post..

78. Just thought of this one today:

Playground in my mind – Clint Holmes (“My name in Michael, I got a nickel, I’m gonna buy me all kinds of candy….”) I played the heck out of that song!

Sugar, Sugar – The Archies
    Seasons in the Sun – Terry Jacks
    The Night Chicago Died – Paper Lace

Don’t forget ABBA!

Sigh, looks like I’ll be doing some serious searching on iTunes in the near future!

Deb B. in VAs last blog post..April??

79. Danielle says:

I would have to suggest ABBA. I was real lucky to go see the Mamma Mia Musical a few years ago. It was a blast!! I never thought I would like a group that my dad did, but boy was I wrong there!! Since he took me to the musical I am going to take him to the Movie.

I might have to relisten to anything ABBA again!!!

80. Baby, Please Don’t Go – Them
    Radar Love – Golden Earring
    Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughan

stephs last blog post..ABC catch-up (Ketchup?)

81. I’d suggest The Who but I know you already have everything by them ๐Ÿ™‚
    Elvis Costello, definitely. Anything from “My Aim is True.”
    Annie Lennox or Eurythnmics (same difference), “Sweet Dreams” and “Sisters Are Doing it for themselves.”
    DEVO! (Are we not men?)
    Stevie Wonder, “Signed, Sealed, Delivered,” “Superstition,” and “Sir Duke.”
    Cyndi Lauper, “I’m Gonna Be Strong,” “Girls Just Want to have Fun,” “Time After Time,” and “True Colors.”
    And you know, you could always step outside your comfort zone – how about a little Glenn Miller? I love big band. “Tuxedo Junction,” “Chatanooga Choo Choo” for the morning commute?
    For those soulful, contemplative times, I’m obsessed with a new album by Helen Jane Long called “Porcelain,” – it’s sweet piano melodies filled out with lush cello. I listened to it over and over for 5 hours straight when I first got it, and have listened to it every couple of days since. Lovely for thinking things over.

82. Kimberly says:

Bob Seger – “Old Timer Rock and Rock” and “Like a Rock”

83. How about Three Dog Night, maybe Out in the Country? Or CCR? Or Chicago?

Dianes last blog post..Happy 4th and 1st (and any other day you care to celebrate)

84. How about some B-52’s ?

85. Just a few from my mp3 player:

“Me & Bobby McGee” – Janis Joplin
    “Behind Blue Eyes” – The Who
    “Sister Golden Hair” – America
    “Come on Eileen” – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
    “One Night in Bangkok” – Murray Head
    “Ripple” – The Grateful Dead
    “Seven Bridges Road” – The Eagles
    “Thick as a Brick” – Jethro Tull

Good luck choosing songs from all of these great suggestions!

Kims last blog post..Random Pictures from Vacation

86. All of Rob Orbison especially “Crying”

87. HA! It’s late, how about ROY Orbison

88. Juliette says:

Ok..but you can’t leave out Motown, can you? Mustang Sally, Devil in the Blue Dress, Soul Man, The Way You do The Thing You Do, Hear it Through the Grapevine….

You don’t have to put me in the lottery though, I could never even hope to knit a pair of your wonderful socks…. I am a Kitty Pi Girl.

89. The White Album – The Beatles
    Knights in White Satin – The Moody Blues
    House of the Rising Sun – The Animals

Sallies last blog post..More Wildlife, But Smaller

90. Lorraine says:

How about “Tempted” by Squeeze. I have been getting some of the newer stuff – some of the free stuff. Some is good, some not so good. One that I thought is good is “Madly” by Tristan Perryman. Another new one is “New Shoes” by Paolo Nutini. I know you will have fun filling up your ipod.

91. Gimmee Shelter – The Rolling Stones
    Won’t Get Fooled Again – The Who
    Ramble On – Led Zeppelin

Have fun!

julies last blog post..hot! hot! hot!

92. Don MacLean-American Pie
    Eagles-all of ’em
    Jackson Browne
    Simon & Garfunkle
    John Denver
    Bruce Springsteen
    Bob Seger

and while not from that time period, check out Gaelic Storm and the Elders–kick arse music!
    Have fun!

93. Chad & Jeremy: Summer Song
    Jim Croce: Time in A Bottle
    More recent: Bruce Springsteen: Girls in their summer clothes
    Steeleye Span: All Around My Hat
    Oyster Band: Oxford Girl
    (I listen mostly to folk music, but these are all good!0

jennifers last blog post..Summer of Socks or Shawls?

94. “Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison or anything by Boz Skaggs

95. Blood, Sweat and Tears’ Spinning Wheel. ๐Ÿ™‚

Loving the Smoke and Mirrors, btw!

96. Supertramp, INXS, Melissa Etheridge, Pearl Jam, Red Hott Chili Peppers, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Goo Goo Dolls, Jewel, Billy Idol, ZZ Top, Guns and Roses, The Cars (You might think.) , Billy Joel …and the list goes on and on.

97. I was raised on rock from the late 60’s and 70’s. My suggestions:
    “Since I’ve Been Lovin’ You”- Led Zeppelin
    “Hey Joe”- Jimi Hendrix
    “Lay Lady Lay”- Bob Dylan
    Anything by the Velvet Underground or the Talking Heads, early U2, Television, and to mix it up a bit, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic. And everything by David Bowie. This is from someone with over 300 CDs and almost 20 gigs of mp3s.

Marlanas last blog post..Weekend Spinning

98. I am always a Billy Joel fan. I love Piano Man, the Good Die Young is always a good song. Have fun. My card does that too, I am waiting for a few more points to get 2 as well. How exciting.

99. These are a few of my favorite classic rock songs:
    Shambala by Three Dog Night
    Bang a Gong by T. Rex
    Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum
    Runnin’ with the Devil by Van Halen
    The Boy with the Thorn in his Side by The Smiths
    I Will Follow by U2

Dawnas last blog post..Lots of Finished Projects!

100. Classic rock? My favorite: Misty Mountain Hop by Zeppelin. Close second: anything by Boston.