1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Cleite Shawl

Before blocking:

cleitebefore082508 240x160 Cleite Shawl

After blocking:

cleitefinished082508 240x124 Cleite Shawl

Waiting for its new owner:

cleitewaiting082508 240x180 Cleite Shawl

Being worn by its new owner!

cleiteandalana082508 240x180 Cleite Shawl

She likes it! icon smile Cleite Shawl And I was only 6 days late for her birthday, so it could have been worse.

To recap, this is the Cleite Shawl by Miriam Felton, available for sale from The Twist Collective as a pdf download. I knit mine from Tempted handpainted merino laceweight yarn in the “Rose Red” colorway on 3.25mm needles.

I did 8 pattern repeats total for a smallish shawl. The recipient did not want anything too big — just a little shawl to throw over her shoulders in the office when it gets chilly.

The pattern was clearly written and was both charted and written out. While I found it pretty easy, it never becmae boring, so it was a very fun knit. All in all, a successful project!

What’s next?

Hmmmmmm . . .

yarn082508 240x160 Cleite Shawl

Meanwhile

Lucy wants to show you her new catnip quilt from Super Fun Pet Stuff.

lucy082508 240x160 Cleite Shawl

She seems pleased with it, now that she’s dragged it over to the rocking chair, doubled it, and shoved it under one of the rockers.

lucy082508a 240x213 Cleite Shawl

Comments

1. Whatever’s next is certainly going to feel wonderful, in cashmere and silk! I can’t wait to see what it is.

Rias last blog post..Which is it?

2. That is a beautiful shawl, and it looks wonderful on the birthday girl. Love Lucy’s new toy too (thanks for the link).

FlexibleKnitss last blog post..One quarter of a century

3. You’re making me want to get mine out to pet it…..yarn, not the cats..they’re taking their afternoon naps in the sun and get a little miffy when I interrupt….

Shawl is beautiful; glad all the recipients of the various gifts are enjoying them!

4. The shawl is beautiful, seems like just perfect for the Birthday Girl. I bet she loves it. Cute pic’s of Lucy.

5. Your co-worker looks very nice in her pretty new shawl. I bought the pattern but haven’t picked yarn yet. I hope to find something when I go to SAFF.

Timmie Bs last blog post..Where has the summer gone?

6. Sigh… don’t you just love green?

7. what a wonderful nice gift. that green is yummy!!

pennys last blog post..filling fantasy

8. You shawl is amazing – I’m sure she just LOVES it!

9. Kate-the-enabler says:

de lurking here to say lovely shawl and
    OOOOH. I love that yarn. I love it.
    I love the colour. I bet it feels magnificent.
    Thanks for a vicarious thrill today :)
    kate

10. Oh, I thought it was for Lucy. I guess she’s just Inspector #1

11. The shawl is lovely and the recipient looks so pleased with it. High scores for giving a perfect gift. My bad boys Billy and Neil would love to share Lucy’s new gift.

12. Beautiful work! I am always impressed by the magic of blocking lace. Apparently, so is Lucy. She knows quality when she sees it.

13. After all that blocking lucy needs a special blankie to cat nap on,dream of birdies and mice.

14. Wow, Wendy, that shawl is just beautiful. I am now thinking that I will have to make Cleite … it will be my first lace project! Yours is just so lovely! My mom and I read your blog all the time, and we both think the shawl is beautiful. Did you use a full skein of the Tempted Laceweight? Also, as neither of us are lace knitters, do you think you could use something like Icelandic wool for that kind of shawl? Thanks!

Katherines last blog post..AHHHHH!!!

15. Wendy, the shawl turned out beautifully. The size looks perfect on her.

16. What a lovely shawl! It looks great on the birthday gal:~D

Lanas last blog post..BACK TO SCHOOL

17. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Beautiful shawl in one of my favorite colors. It looks wonderful on your friend!

Great photos of Lucy. I may need to get one of those quilts for my kitty!

18. Gasp! She has a window in her office! I’m so jealous of people with windows in their office. Anyway. The shawl is bee-yootiful! And that’s a great idea to not make it too long. Perfect size to take the chill away and not get caught up in anything.

19. Beautiful shawl, and a lucky, happy recipient.

Lucy is just too funny sometimes!

20. The shawl is beautiful and looks great on your friend. Now that I’ve seen it “in action” I’m thinking I may want to try this one. I am fairly new to shawl knitting and have just finished my second one. I am not sure how to know when to stop knitting, i.e., when the unblocked shawl is big enough to become the blocked shawl I want it to be. Do you have any “rule of thumb” that you use as a guide? I find that most patterns only tell you the dimensions after blocking.

21. WOw it looks beautiful on your co-worker. Lucky her! Could the cashmere and silk be used for another lace project?

kathleens last blog post..wedding wind down- sigh!

22. oh yeah, that looks gorgeous on her!

mias last blog post..Memories of a party

23. Operakatz says:

Oooh have you knit with the Swiss Cashmere Silk before? It’s utterly unbelieveable…

24. She must do payroll. ;)

She looks so happy with her beautiful new shawl! I’m looking forward to seeing what the gorgeous green cashmere & silk is going to grow up to be.

turtlegirl76s last blog post..Central Park Hoodie for the Gold!

25. newjerseylaura says:

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! The color looks gorgeous on your friend, too. Lucky girl.

26. The shawl is lovely and I really love the photos of Lucy with her catnip quilt.
    Too cute!
    I hope you’re feeling some better-I’ve been thinking of you and hope that your health will improve for MORE knitting.

27. Never heard of a catnip quilt… Lucy is one lucky cat.

The shawl looks great

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Monday- Hmm Maybe I Read That Wrong?? LOL

28. Number one: the shawl is GORGEOUS! I love that color.

Number two: I appreciate your seal point ragdoll, for I have one as well! She likes to play with my animal yarns and try to grab my needles as I knit. Goodness, ragdolls are really beautiful, sweet cats. I love ‘em.

29. I luv the shawl! I see the b-day gurl didn’t mind it being belated at all! :o)

Stacey_CrimsonPurls last blog post..Phenomenal Ripple

30. The shawl looks wonderful, and I’m sure the “lateness” was not an issue! She looks very happy and pretty in her gift.

Jennifers last blog post..Planning for fall, and beyond

31. I’m sure she didn’t mind you being late after she saw the shawl. The color looks so beautiful on her. I would love to be your co-worker any time!!

Jewels last blog post..Still having problems with computers

32. The shawl turned out beautiful, and the recipient looks fabulous with it on!

I got Ms. Two Fingers a toy this weekend. It’s a little stand, with a bouncy arm that comes out of the stand, with a bird on top. Kitty hits at the bird, it starts chirping.

She hates it. As soon as she hears it, you can forget about her playing with it…… Thank goodness that Ms. Lucy is a respectful and greatful young lady!

Megan S.s last blog post..Yes, I’ve been a lazy blogger

33. infinityexplorer says:

It is just beautiful and the color is perfect. Love Tempted yarns too! You make me want to knit this project!

I also loved the before and after blocking shots. I hate the idea of blocking but this shows why it is a good “idea” to block.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

34. Lucky recipient! the shawl is lovely. can’t wait to see whats next.. ymmmm silk and cashmere… I’m drooling on my keyboard!

35. Beautiful shawl!

Kat with a Ks last blog post..A big day…

36. Lovely shawl AND recipient!

Cashmere and silk…{drool}
    (((hugs)))

Knitnanas last blog post..Remember Me?

37. How exciting to receive something hand-knit from a friend. It came out really great!

Lucy loves her new quiltie! :)

38. It’s beautiful! Such a pretty pattern!

Cashmere and silk….drool…..and a little more for the colorway, too….drool…..

heidispins (Rav)
    aponi (Plurk)

39. The shawl and the Birthday Girl are beautiful! Thank you so much for posting all the pictures; all my questions have been answered. I’m just finishing the 7th repeat in my shawl, so I think one more repeat is all that I’ll need. Thanks! And that Cashmere and Silk…. (drool) Yum!

40. Oh, I LOVE the shawl and that is such an awesome color for her! She must be a good person (and/or friend) to be SHAWL-WORTHY :-) I love keeping a handknit shawl in my office for when it is chilly (and fingerless gloves when the weather gets colder).

Lucy looks like she has made a “half nest” out of her quilt. I’m such a well-trained cat caretaker that I often take quilts or blankets and fold them into full or half-nests before leaving for work because they like to curl up or sit with their side (or backside) leaning against something :-)

41. the shawl is gorgeous! my kitties have a mat like lucy’s that they love to fight over…hope she enjoys it.

42. Dr. Jackie says:

Beautiful shawl. Birthday Girl is so lucky to have such a talented and generous friend as you!

43. The shawl is beautiful and your co-workers looks lovely in it. It’s a good color for her.

Marions last blog post..Jealousy on four legs

44. Oh, that shawl is lovely – and the color looks absolutely gorgeous against her skin!

What a lovely birthday gift!!

TheSockKnitters last blog post..A THIEF IN OUR MIDST???

45. Beautiful ! I love the color is very uplifting!

Andres P. Nevarezs last blog post..Baby Crayola Booties WIP

46. What a gorgeous shawl, beautiful color and lucky birthday girl! You are a great friend!!!

47. Ahh. looking at this site makes me think of my Mom she was a knitter. Thank you I found you on the plurk network. my site is http://www.totaltrinkets.com . Plurk id is totaltrinkets

48. Delurking to say, what a gorgeous shawl you knit for your friend, it looks soo pretty on her! Thanks for enabling me to add this project for me:) I have always loved your blog!