Here is a progress shot of my shawl-in-progress, as of this afternoon. It looks like I’ve made a lot of progress, doesn’t it?
(Note kitty feet in picture.)
That’s because the photo I showed you yesterday was taken Sunday afternoon. I’m a dirty rotten cheater, but I am owning up to it.
Here’s a close-up of one of the lace motifs.
I’m using a U.S. size 5 (3.75mm) needle to knit this. I didn’t swatch beforehand. I eyeballed the yarn, eyeballed the pattern, and picked a size. I wanted the resulting fabric to be lacy, but not too open, or I felt I’d lose some of the integrity of the motifs. When it comes time to block, I’ll do it somewhat gently. I often block shawls within an inch of their life, but that’s for stuff that really benefits from a severe blocking to open up the stitches. I think this design will be happy with moderate blocking.
“The work of a photo-stylist is never done.”