Y’all have asked a lot of questions over the past couple of days. 🙂
The most frequent question asked about yesterday’s post was where to get the knitting symbols font. Now, if you questioners had read instead of skimmed, you would have seen that I plainly said in yesterday’s post that I had talked about the fonts a couple of days earlier. 😉 The info about and the link to the fonts is in this post.
There was a question about why I don’t create charts in Excel. I do, particularly for large projects, like lace shawls. But I create my sock patterns in Word, and my experience is that a Word table works much better and is far more predictable than an imported Excel table.
Your mileage may vary.
Back to my work in progress.
There have been some questions about the yarn I am using — Tilli Tomas Demi-Plie silk. Is it worth the money? As I have no recollection of how much I paid for it, I cannot answer that. 😉 But I can tell you that it is lovely yarn. Very, very nice to knit.
Also some blocking questions. I did not block my work in progress before I photographed it the other day, but I did spent quite a lot of time artfully arranging it and stretching it out so it would look its best before photographing it.
This does need to be blocked. This is what it looks like in its unblocked state.
You can wet-block silk, but what I will do is block it with my steam iron. Because it is a simple shape, a rectangle, I can do that. And carefully steaming the silk, in my experience, works. That is actually how I blocked the Midnight Lace Stole I just finished.
Because my yarn is a bit heavier than the yarn called for in the pattern, I’m not concerned with stretching the piece out to make it as large as possible. All I want to do is to stretch it enough to open up the lace and steam it to set it.
Okay, gotta go knit. And cater to the little princess.