1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

A Meme That Amused Me

Stolen from Marisa:

Use the first letter of your name to find a word for each of the following:

Your Name – Wendy
Four letter word – want
Boy name – Walter
Girl name – Wanda
Occupation – writer
Color – white
Beverage – whiskey
Something found in a bathroom – water
A Place – Washington DC
Reason for being late – wounded, mortally
Food – water chestnuts
Something you shout – Woo-hoo!

Okay, that’s it. I have been felled by a sinus infection so I haven’t knit all weekend. But don’t feel sorry for me. I have comfort food:

comfortfood020109 240x160 A Meme That Amused Me

And I have a warm kitty:

lucy013109 240x160 A Meme That Amused Me

Comments

1. I’m so sorry you are too sick to knit. Take care of yourself. BTW, what is Sheep Dip?

ellens last blog post..Knitting with Chickens, or Wishing on Starfish

2. Linda from Kansas says:

I am sorry you are sick, but with Lucy to make you feel better you can’t go wrong. I decided to play the game:

Your Name – Linda
    Four letter word – Love
    Boy name – Larry
    Girl name – Lucy
    Occupation – Lawyer
    Color – Lavendar
    Beverage – Lemonade
    Something found in a bathroom – Listerine
    A Place – Lawrence (KS)
    Reason for being late – Lazy
    Food – Legumes
    Something you shout – Let Go!

3. ha looks like you almost have all the food groups covered, LOL

Sheep dip (protein) {smile}
    Crackers (carbs)
    V8 Soup (veggies)

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Saturday- See What I Managed To Do?

4. Sorry to hear about the sinus infection. I might add chicken soup to the comfort food…. and what is Sheep Dip? I’ve met the real stuff and wouldn’t consider it especially comforting for a sinus infection. Hope you feel better soon.

5. Huh, I never thought about scotch as comfort food. Must revise my definitions!

Julias last blog post..How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love My Bicycle Pump

6. I’m glad the Sheep Dip’s arrived and hope that your sinuses will have cleared up enough for you to savour some soon, without ice :)

Helens last blog post..Knits in Wear

7. elise
    edge
    edgar
    ellen
    escape artist
    eggshell
    eggnog
    ethanol
    edgware
    excessively tired
    endive
    eek!

some of those were harder than i thought!

8. Oh, I just love “wounded, mortally.” Hope you feel better soon!

9. Tell Lucy to take good care of you and feel better soon.

10. Your Name – Sue
    Four letter word – Shit
    Boy name – Steve
    Girl name – Sandy
    Occupation – Stenographer
    Color – Sienna
    Beverage – Soda
    Something found in a bathroom – Shampoo
    A Place – St. Louis
    Reason for being late – Stuck in traffic
    Food – Stew
    Something you shout – son-of-a-….

…..WOW–saw the Bohus exhibit in Minneapolis this weekend. It was absolutely incredible!

11. Looks like you got hooked on Sheep Dip when you were in MN! It’s good for what ails ya, if you like that kind of thing :-)

kmkats last blog post..Mutterings. Sockz, hatz, and katz.

12. Allyson D says:

Hope you feel better soon — sinus infections are the worst. Please share — what in the world is Sheep Dip??? The curiosity is killing me.

13. It’s good to see you have all the important stuff there to make you feel better. Maybe you’ll be sick leave tomorrow and bad weather furlough on Tuesday??? Then you’d be able to get well without a hitch!

14. Lee Cockrum says:

Hope you feel better soon! I am worried that you might not be able to walk if you partake of too much “comfort” from the Sheep Dip!!

15. Hope you’re feeling better soon!! That Sheep Dip should help if nothing else does – And of course, Lucy will help, too :)

Anastasias last blog post..It’s going SO WELL!

16. Bonnie H. says:

The sinus infections must be going around as I am down with one, too. Bleh.

Your Name – Bonnie
    Four letter word – Busy
    Boy name – Bernard
    Girl name – Betty
    Occupation – Beekeeper
    Color – Blue
    Beverage – Bluemoon
    Something found in a bathroom – Bicarbonate of soda
    A Place – Bronte (TX)
    Reason for being late – Bleary-eyed
    Food – Brisket
    Something you shout – Bull!

Feel better soon!

17. Hope you’ll feel better soon. A break from knitting is fine when you don’t feel well otherwise those mysterious errors find their way into your piece only to be frogged out causing you to have to start over.

18. Meow, feel better! I’m sick, too, though just a nasty cold. I did that meme, too. Fun and a bit of a brain-teaser. Hope your “medicine” helps!

Kathleens last blog post..Scattergories

19. That’s a heck of a lot of Sheep Dip there. Better make sure Lucy is your DD. Feel better fast.

Candis last blog post..If at first you don’t succeed…..

20. Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself-

21. Feel better soon. Being too sick to knit is really sick.

22. feel better soon! being sick stinks :( what’s sheep dip?

23. Michelle Z. says:

Oh dear. 4 bottles of whiskey sick? That’s bad. I’ve never been more than 2 bottles of whiskey sick.

24. Iris
    idea
    Ira
    Iolanthe
    investigator, scientific
    iridescent iris
    iced tea
    indelible lipstick
    Inside passage
    incapacitated
    ice cream
    Idiot!

Hope you’re feeling better!

25. anne marie in philly says:

I have a sinus infection too; must be in the air!

Your Name – anne marie
    Four letter word – ain’t
    Boy name – allen
    Girl name – amanda
    Occupation – architect
    Color – alabaster
    Beverage – ale
    Something found in a bathroom – alcohol (rubbing)
    A Place – alexandria, VA (wink wink)
    Reason for being late – albatross got loose
    Food – almonds
    Something you shout – all y’all!

26. (hug) hope you feel better soon!

Annas last blog post..Still Madd . . .

27. I hope you feel better soon!

LittleWits last blog post..Whoosh!

28. Good to see you taking care of yourself.

alisons last blog post..Weekend sewing

29. Get better soon! Kitty cats and v8 are excellent for improving health!

Seanna Leas last blog post..20 deg F

30. V8 is So Very Tasty!

Here’s to kicking sinuses in their butt! I’ve only ever had one sinus infection and really, I think I’d rather have dual appendectomy and tonsillectomy surgery over that infection!

I’m hoping Lucy’s beautiful fur keeps you not only warm, but protected from germs :grin:

ajdurys last blog post..Here’s The Part Where I Babble:

31. I hope you feel better fast. Sinus infections make you feel so wiped out. I second the notion you need chicken soup in your food stash.
    (And those therabead reusable packs that are heated in the microwave and then applied to your face as you lay down work wonderfully to help drain. A gross but necessary stage.)

Lydia
    Leap
    Lucas
    Lily
    Laundress
    Lavender
    Lemonade
    Lipstick
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Limping
    Linguini
    Look out!

32. Oh, good golly. When your name starts with C and you’re asked for a four-letter word right off, the whole game goes downhill fast! Also, as it turns out, “candy” and “coke” can answer a good number of the questions.

33. Sorry to hear you are sick. I have a sore throat, sneezes & coughing. It has to be the weather.
    I also wondered about the Sheep Dip but have come to the conclusion it is whiskey from the other comments.
    Love the photos of Lucy. She is precious.
    Ta…Judy

34. madonnaearth says:

lol…since when is Sheep Dip comfort food? Since it’s booze!

and being “wounded, mortally” is an excellent excuse.

35. Linda "K" says:

It’s the Neti Pot for you girl – makes a huge difference in comfort and dislodging of noxious wastes from the sinuses. There are thos of us who are sworn to it for life. Plus you can keep in in your shower and not drip all over yourself elsewhere.

36. Well, comfort food and a warm kitty … what more could you ask for. I have Blu the dog here on the sofa with me, sound asleep and curled up around my legs. His snores are soothing.

Oh, all right … I’ll play the game just this once:

Your Name – Jackie
    Four letter word – Just
    Boy name – Jessie
    Girl name – Julie
    Occupation – Janitor
    Color – Jalepeno (does that count?)
    Beverage – julip, with mint
    Something found in a bathroom – janitor
    A Place – Jerusalem
    Reason for being late – jelly in my belly
    Food – jasmine tea
    Something you shout – Jackie Jo Jimmie Bob

:) firefly

37. Maria Katechis says:

Dear Wendy -
    Hope you’re feeling better soon!
    Just wanted to let you know what all the beautiful pictures of the Bohus sweaters – especially your finished one – have inspired me to try one. I have ordered Azalea and can’t wait till it gets here so that I can cast one. After all, one can never have too many sweaters with this nasty winter we’re having – even if it’ll be NEXT winter by the time I’m done!

38. Okay, I’ll play!

Your Name – Shea
    Four letter word – Shea
    Boy name – Shea
    Girl name – Shea
    Occupation – Stenographer – Ha! You thought I’d say Shea didn’t you? :)
    Color – Silver
    Beverage – Sangria
    Something found in a bathroom -Shampoo
    A Place – Shea Stadium
    Reason for being late -Slept late
    Food – Scallopini
    Something you shout -Snot! – I really do yell this one, I have a three year old at home who parrots everything. It’s the only safe thing to shout.

Hope you feel better soon!

39. Your Name – Diana
    Four letter word – darn
    Boy name – David
    Girl name – Donna
    Occupation – Deep Sea Diver
    Color – Daffodil Yellow
    Beverage – Daquiri
    Something found in a bathroom -Dental Floss
    A Place – Diner
    Reason for being late -Delayed
    Food – Doughnuts
    Something you shout -D*mn!

Feel better soon. Consider a Neti Pot. They work wonders.

Dianas last blog post..It’s Been A Year

40. Elise, I have an “E” name too — pretty different list, I think we only overlapped on eggnog!

Name: Elizabeth
    Four letter word: east
    Boy name: Elias
    Girl name: Emilia
    Occupation: essayist
    Color: evergreen
    Beverage: eggnog
    Something found in a bathroom: excederin
    A Place: Everglades
    Reason for Being Late: exhausted
    Food: eggplant
    Something you Shout: excellent!

41. Theresa in Italy says:

Hope you are not feeling too poorly, Wendy, although the absence of your usual post is ominous; there are nasty germs going around on this side of the pond as well.

Name: Theresa
    Four letter word: tank
    Boy name: Ted
    Girl name: Thelma
    Occupation: toreador
    Color: turquoise
    Beverage: tequila
    Something found in a bathroom: toothpaste
    A place: Tempe, AZ
    Reason for being late: thunderstorm
    Food: tortelli
    Something you shout: Ta-da!

42. Feel better, Wendy!!!

Karla
    KNIT!
    Kyle
    Katharine
    Kaleidoscope creator
    Kelly green
    Kirsch
    Kleenex
    Kilimanjaro
    Kismet
    Kettle Korn (caramel corn cooked in a kettle over an open fire)
    Kill him!!!!! (yelled during football games)

43. Alice in Richmond says:

Hope the whiskey is helping!

44. Hope you’re feeling better, Wendy. Take care and snuggle up with Lucy–that’s good medicine!!

45. Dear Wendy,

I am sending well wishes to you. When you do not write I have to realize you are very sick. I am hoping Lucy is there by your side and wishing you well also. I recently traveled to the DC area and being from Wisconsin dressed warmly, however the cold temps and wind made me feel like a frozen statue. Keep warm and put the sheep dip in some hot tea. A hot toddy was a cure all in the grandparents era. Maybe you should take up those old remedies. I saw the pictures.

Well wishes…….whooooooosh to you

Melanie

46. hope you’re feeling better soon!!

47. PICAdrienne says:

Name: Adrienne
    Four letter word: acid
    Boy name: Adrian
    Girl name: Andrea
    Occupation: accountant
    Color: aqua
    Beverage: ale
    Something found in a bathroom: alcohol (rubbing)
    A Place: Aspentel (a ski area in Washington)
    Reason for Being Late: accident
    Food: ahi
    Something you Shout: Absolutely Not (hmm, could that have something to do with having a 17 year old?)

Wow, I have been reading your blog for over 2 years, I don’t recall you ever missing two posts, other than being out of town. I certainly hope you feel much better. Oh….something from the bathroom good for sinus infections, that starts with an A is actifed.

48. Miss you! I know you don’t totally miss a day of blogging without being REALLY sick, so you must be wretched. I hope you feel better soon.

49. I hope Dr. Lucy is taking care of you. Feel better.

50. Wow, that’s a LOT of Sheep Dip! Hope you’re feeling better, and soon! We miss you! Meanwhile, I’ll play along:

Your Name – Connie
    Four letter word – cook
    Boy name – Charles
    Girl name – Carrie
    Occupation – computer geek (me)
    Color – cerulean
    Beverage – coke
    Something found in a bathroom – comb
    A Place – Cleveland
    Reason for being late – cat had me pinned
    Food – chocolate!
    Something you shout – Crap!

51. Wendy- I played over at my blog- and you and Lucy were included.

That was fun.

Lorraines last blog post..Brought to You By The Letter "L"

52. Wow, are you feeling alright yet? The lack of blog posts is not a good sign of how you are feeling. I hope you kick whatever nasty bug you’ve acquired soon. Being sick for that long is a drag. Long-distance hugs to you(don’t wanna catch what you’ve got) and Miss Lucy, of course.

53. Okay – that’s making me want to sit down with a nice scotch! But I don’t have a good excuse. And I have to agree with the neti pot idea – I swear by it. Love the meme so here goes:
    Name: Clea
    4 letter word: crap
    by name: Charlie
    girl name: Cassidy
    occupation: cosmonaut
    color: cream
    beverage: cointreau (you’ve got me thinking booze here)
    something found in a bathroom: crapper (the)
    a place: Copper Mountain (I’ve got a ski jones right now too – skiing and booze – is there a full moon tonight?)
    reason for being late: car crash
    food: Cheerios
    something you shout: CRAP (again)

54. Margaret
    mush
    Micah
    Molly
    mesmerizer
    magenta
    mineral water
    mouthwash
    mountaintop
    migraine
    mint chocolate chip ice cream
    Mush!

Trackbacks

1. [...] Nicked from Wendy [...]

2. Coopcomp says:

[...] work every day this week!).  So I’m going to stall a little longer by trying the same meme Wendy Knits blogged about on Feb. [...]