1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

Snow Day

First of all, I realized that I neglected to put a link to the LYS map over at Platial.com — it is here. On that page you can view the map in a new browser window and it should be pretty easy to add a LYS to the map from there.

We did have a fair amount of snow overnight and this morning, and some very high winds today. The flag outside my condo is really flapping in the wind:

flag030209 240x153 Snow Day

The snow was very pretty while it was falling:

snow030209 240x160 Snow Day

Though these two guys were probably not too thrilled with it:

car030209 240x172 Snow Day

It stopped snowing by noon but remains cold and windy. Brrrrrrr!

I’ve added a new item to my 2009 Completed Work, but it was completed in January, the River Grass Socks.

rivergrass 157x240 Snow Day

I designed this sock for Three Irish Girls‘ Sock Yarnista Club, and the pattern is now available for sale to anyone on their website, here. The Ravelry pattern page is here.

Speaking of socks, here’s a glimpse of my new sock-in-progress:

sock030209 160x240 Snow Day

More on that tomorrow!

I think Lucy is practicing for the Feline Sleep Olympics again.

lucy030209 240x160 Snow Day

Comments

1. I think Lucy has the gold medal locked up! And it will look so pretty with her fur…

Lisas last blog post..Score of the Century!

2. catspaw says:

I saw the Rivergrass sock this morning on Ravelry’s featured pattern page. Good job. Tell Lucy there’s no competition from my two – they’re into tailing chasing at the moment.

3. Wow, you got more snow than we did when it came through here in Wisconsin! (It rained for the first part of the storm…then slush fell, then ice balls, then snow.)

I’ve been gone….so just catching up. Just look at all these socks and books and perfume (and giveaways I missed! ;-) ). I was trying to comment on the post with the new book sneak preview but couldn’t for some reason — ooh la la! Those pictures are sock eye candy! I’m so looking forward to seeing all of the book. Do I buy it before the Spring Fling (probably), or buy it there because Sheri’s promised she’ll have copies? ;-)

I mentioned the 20 inch Addis way back when you first came over to the two circs dark side. That’s what I started with. The *needle* length is actually the same on the 16 and 20 inch lengths, I think I’ve figured out, both of which I use now (probably prefer the 16 inchers now that I’m used to them) and is virtually identical to the KnitPicks needle length on their 16 inch circ. The cable is wonderfully flexible. The tip is unquestionably more rounded. IMO, though, at size 0, it doesn’t make quite as much difference as it does at bigger sizes. But for doing lace, you’ll definitely notice the difference; a little harder to dig in and do those decreases. Where I think my Addi small size circs shine is the JOINS which are very smooth and have never broken, and the stitches glide over them. I’m a loose knitter, but still, I can’t stand a bad join. I like the Addi join better than the Hiya Hiyas, personally. There! You didn’t ask for it, and it’s late, but there’s my opinion regardless! Probably of my size 0 circs (2mm), my very favorites are my size 16″ Addi Turbos….next are my KnitPicks metal 16″ (only recently have I had breakage problems; it seems like their first needles actually were better that way, almost).

I think Lucy has exactly the right idea for today.

Cathy-Cates last blog post..Eye Candy Friday from the Streets of Tacoma

4. No snow day for me.

Lucy doesn’t have competition from my kitty either. My kitty is competing firmly in the Kitty Loaf event.

Seanna Leas last blog post..march 1st, snowing again

5. anne marie in philly says:

8 inches fell here, so I got a snow day! :-)

steven and meredith know their cousin lucy will be stiff competition to beat in the sleep olympics, but they mean to give it their best shot! ;-)

6. The snow is all so pretty! :)

LittleWits last blog post..Safe landing

7. Glad you snow dance proved successful! Lucy must have been meditating to help things along… Anyway, I think I read in a recent blog that you generally use size O needles. Do you pay any attention to the recommended needle size on the yarn skein at all, or have you found that that size works best for your gauge. TIA, Sally

8. Karen W says:

BUT, did you turn on the heat?;)

9. deknits says:

Ooh, I love the new sock – the yarn and the pattern!

10. Is it me or has something happened w/ your blog? Now all the stuff in the right column doesn’t show up until the end of the text in left column. And it takes forever to load now, too. It just started yesterday.

11. Alas, while we did get snow, the snow dance didn’t work for us, the kids still had to go to school and I didn’t get to sleep late. Oh well, hope you enjoyed yours!

Sheas last blog post..OMG! SNOW!

12. Thanks for the link to the LYS, I signed up and everything and got so frustrated I gave up, thought I was just too dumb to figure it out.

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Sunday- March 1st- White Rabbit… and the Winners Are…

13. Hi Wendy,
    Did you make it to work today? Just wondering or was it a knitting day.

Melanie

14. I think Lucy will win a gold in the Feline Sleep Olympics. She has so many creative moves and poses :-)

15. We got that same, stupid, snowstorm here today too. Snowed most of the day here, but at least you didn’t have to travel in it! (we didn’t either!)

LOVE both new socks, as always! Can’t wait to get the patterns!

Anastasias last blog post..Drum Roll PLEASE :)

16. Theresa in Italy says:

Nice new socks! Tell Lucy to keep training. Our dog is going for the gold in the Canine Sleep Olympics. Do they give extra points for snoring?

17. Is there a problem with the emailing of the newsletter? I haven’t gotten the last two, and finally came to the website to read the updates.
    Lucky you to get all that snow, I’d like to have had one good snow, but we barely got the grass covered.
    My kitties did the same as Lucy, snooozeeed through it all!

18. Danielle from SW MO says:

Sannybug is also goin for the Gold in the Feline Sleep Olympics tho she doesnt get in quite the creative positions as Miss Lucy :-)

19. We had about 6 inches of snow and the giant snowflakes were beautiful (a rare treat in GA). I meant to leave a comment about your Knitpicks needles coming apart. Did you know they will replace them – free?

Shirleys last blog post..Snow – Southern Style

20. I’m having the same blog loading/appearance situation as SallyA.
    Beautiful socks. It is getting harder to wait for the BOOK!

21. Love the texture of the new sock! I don’t blame Lucy for sleeping through the snowstorm-hibernation sounds like a good response.

Cindys last blog post..Hawk-eye

22. We got about 8-10 inches of snow late last week , but alas no snow days. Now we have mud, or gumbo as we call it in montana, cuz it was about 60 degrees yesterday. I think I would rather have the freezing temps but no snow, rather than have to fight the mud.