Moth Cardigan, designed byAmy Christoffers, knit from Rowan SoftYak DK in the Plain colorway, using U.S. size 3 and 5 needles.

Slow Thursday

Well, not really. It hasn’t been a slow Thursday — I’ve been insanely busy. But said busy has to do with that pesky day job, not with knitting fun.

So I don’t have much for you here.

I’m at the point of working the gusset increases on my second kneesock, so it’s hardy worth a photo.

So here is a shot of some lovely green wool/silk laceweight from a very generous friend:

yarn030509 240x160 Slow Thursday

The yarn is called “Elegant” and it is made in Finland by a company called Teetee. Lo and behold — this yarn is listed on Ravelry, here. I happily browsed through the 45 projects listed on Ravelry that use this yarn. You just gotta love Ravelry.

As soon as I laid eyes on the yarn I thought “Fountain Pen Shawl.” I sent a quick message to Susan (the designer) to ask if she thought 1000 meters (which is how much I have) was enough, as the shawl is listed as taking one skein of Helen’s Laces, which is 1143 meters. Susan confirmed, as I suspected, 1000 meters will be plenty. The shawl pictured in Interweave Knits took about 850 yards.

So consider the Fountain Pen Shawl imminent. ๐Ÿ™‚

And here is an assortment of stuff that makes me happy.

A new 3 AM Enchantments Bag.

3am030509 240x160 Slow Thursday

Dream in Color Smooshy Sock yarn in semi-solids.

smooshy030509 240x160 Slow Thursday

Lucy contemplating her food dish.

lucy030509 240x160 Slow Thursday

Comments

1. That is a great bag. I love the blue-green swirliness of it all. A new knitting bag, some more sock yarn. I feel an order to the Loopy Ewe in my future!

2. Lucy contemplating her food dish is certainly preferable to Lucy redistributing said food around the room, as I have known some cats to do.

I’m not generally a fan of green, but the bag is really cute.

3. Nice smooshy!

4. Love the bag. Seeing photos of box bags reminds me of the one I have cut out ready to sew. Yarn is purty, too

Paulas last blog post..Hmmm

5. ChristyH says:

The smooshy looks lovely. I can’t wait to see what it becomes.

6. I look forward to seeing that shawl–the color will be gorgeous on you! Also–the combination of those sock yarn colors makes me want to paint or something. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. That shawl is beautiful, and the yarn is as well. I found that the three projects I’m working on (sweater, socks, and shawl) are all green. It must be spring fever. Can’t wait to see the shawl in progress!

Jen Hutchinsons last blog post..Beautiful Day

8. The green laceweight is gorgeous! I love that color. Can’t wait to see you start working with it.

Stardust B.s last blog post..Something for me

9. oh wow. that is gorgeous laceweight.
    and lucy is so silly. just eat it!
    I also bought your hearts for helen socks and im going to start them as soon as the loopy ewe delivers them to me. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Your socks are so lovely, I just can’t help myself anymore!

PMOYSs last blog post..The Loopy Ewe!

10. Maureen says:

Why is Lucy contemplating rather than eating? Maybe she needs some cat confusing.

11. Acquiring a 3AM Enchantment bag is on my Wishlist. What happy colors of Smooshy you have!

JoAnns last blog post..Do Not Disturb

12. hearts for heidi. so sorry. it’s been a long day!

PMOYSs last blog post..The Loopy Ewe!

13. Loved seeing all your goodies! That yarn for the shawl is gorgeous also. Thant colour will look very nice with your hair colour ๐Ÿ™‚

14. what beautiful yarn! I know how you feel regarding things interferring with your knitting. I get crabby when I dont get enough knitting time in!

Eryka Jacksons last blog post..Project Update (learning to love cables)

15. The shawl is awesome. I could never make one, but wow, it’s stunning

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Wednesday- 600 and counting

16. You have to love the Smooshy sock yarn. Those people at Dream in Color should be sainted. Don’t you hate having to have a day job. But what’s a girl to do?

17. I love the Fountain Pen Shawl too. I’m going to make mine using Malabrigo Lace Hummingbird. Since Smooshy is one of my faves, I love the semi-solids too. As a matter of fact several skeins are in my cart awaiting purchase next month (I hope).

Timmie Bs last blog post..A trip to the farm

18. Lovely yarn all of it! I love watching cats stare at their food bowls. Mine seem to feel the harder they look the better the chances of a salmon showing up in it.

Jennifers last blog post..Sweater in November?

19. Theresa in Italy says:

Too funny, that shot of Lucy contemplating her food bowl! Mainly because in this feline-free household (the husband is allergic), we have never, ever had an opportunity to photograph a dog contemplating his food bowl, because no dog ever has. They just dig right in. Rather like teenage boys (the other form of wild life in the house).

Oh, and gorgeous yarn, too!

20. Hey Wendy and Lucy. I agree – – love that Ravelry. Question for you, I love knitting with Smooshy just as much as the next person but do you find the colors fade disappointingly after a wash and pilling!!! Hate the pilling. I made some socks for a friend out of Smooshy and she shows off the socks from time-to-time and I’m embarrassed by the pilling.

Have a great weekend. Oh, and I love that that Fountain Pen Shawl too – – I didn’t even have to use your link to know what you are talking about.

21. I’m thinking of using my one precious skein of Sundara lace yarn for that shawl. I don’t remember the yardage though, and I want to use every last bit of it. I’m thinking it might be 1400 yds…

I like the fabric on that bag–I looked at it the other day on the Loopy Ewe site. I’m just not sure I would like the bag itself. I know people love them-maybe I’m missing out?

22. Dr. Jackie says:

I saw the Fountain Pen pattern last week and thought…OK, so there’s my next lace project! Right now I’m doing a Knitspot Caricia ( http://knitspot.com/?p=781 ) in Wollmeise…so when that is done….
    I was thinking about some Mountain Colors Winter Lace (50/50 wool/silk). Will be awaiting your progress….

23. Ooh, the same 3AM Enchantments bag I just ordered! I knew you had great taste . . .

24. What great goodies you have! The Fountain Pen Shawl is drop-dead gorgeous–definitely near the top of my queue.

Jennifers last blog post..

25. Great colors on the Smooshy…it almost looks like candy!

Imbriums last blog post..Weekly Spinning: Week 42

26. newjerseylaura says:

Love the yarn! The Fountain Pen shawl is lovely. Thank you for the yardage update. Have fun with your kneesocks.

27. I knew the minute I saw the Fountain Pen shawl that I had to make it and am now waiting for the Helen’s Lace I ordered through my LYS. You’ll finish it in about 10% the time it will take me, but I look forward to watching your progress!

jannas last blog post..The Word is "Hope"

28. Those ARE all happy things! Keri (kyrana), the lovely bag maker, will be at the Spring Fling, I’ll be looking forward to meeting her in person (I have several of her little works of art, and we share a Twisted Fiber Art yarn obsession).

Fountain Pen is on my radar screen too, and that looks like a great yarn for it as far as one can tell skeined up; I’ll have to go sleuth Ravelry too to see it in all its glory.

Mmm Smooshy. I love their new colors.

Cathy-Cates last blog post..Ephemeral Eye(ce) Candy Friday

29. Thanks for the information about the Fountain Pen Shawl. I had thought of making it but didn’t think I had enough laceweight yarn in any one colour but I have ! Hooray. Look forward to seeing yours. Cheers

30. traceymae says:

ya know Miss Lucy ….
    in some houses …she who contemplates goes hungry !
    houses that have 3 cats and 4 dogs that is !

31. What 3 colors of Smooshy are those? I just love them together.

Karins last blog post..From Ya Mon to Snow Mon

32. I just assigned the fountain pen shawl to some yarn in my stash. We could be twins! ๐Ÿ˜‰

LittleWits last blog post..Busy Busy Busy