1. "T-Rex," designed by Rebecca Danger, knit from Blue moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock in the "Lucky" colorway on U.S. size 3 needles.

Manic Monday

I’ve probably used that blog post title before, but it is appropriate, so there it is again.

Thanks for all your kind comments about my blog’s new look. I had nothing to do with it, of course. It was all down to my wonderful web guru Daisy. Well, I did things like pick the banner I liked the most, and offer suggestions for what I wanted on the menu bar below the banner.

You know . . . the heavy work. icon wink Manic Monday

It’s always nice to have a little spring cleaning!

Speaking of the menu bar, have a look up there — there’s a new item for travel & teaching schedule. There are a few things posted on the page and I’ll add more as they are arranged. So feel free to check back often.

In celebration of the new blog, I’m giving you a freebie. Don’t get too excited — some of you already have it.

It’s the Nanner Sock Pattern (pdf) that I designed for my Plurk buddies. I’ve had a lot of requests for it, so I’ve posted it on my Free Patterns Page, so it is now available to one and all.

ETA: You can see a pic of the Nanner Socks at Flickr here.

And speaking of socks, I turned the heel on my Sunflower Sock. Here it is:

sunflower031609 160x240 Manic Monday

And from the side:

sunflowerside031609 160x240 Manic Monday

And a sunflower close-up:

sunflowercloseup031609 240x160 Manic Monday

Lucy sez:

lucy031609 240x186 Manic Monday

“Thank you, Miz Phyl!”

Comments

1. I just love sunflowers. The socks are beautiful.

Hollys last blog post..Spinner Winner

2. I love the sunflower sock!!!! Thanks for the nanner pattern. Since I was a johnny-come-lately to plurk, I didn’t have that one.

Timmie Bs last blog post..KAL-ED OUT

3. Wowzer Monday. Your new blog layout is spectacular. The Sunflower Socks are probably my favorite so far. I will be stalking Loopy for that one. I had to cancel going to Spring Fling so I could get a real dining table and chairs that aren’t of the metal folding variety. If the Sunflower pattern is out by then I will use it as solace for not meeting you at the Fling. Snuggles to Lucy

4. Yes, Manic Monday is a multiple-use term around here…..still love my Nanners – those Sunflowers look pretty tasty, too!

ckk

ps: Halloween wants to share kitteh-nip w/Lucy.

Cindy Ks last blog post..Saturday Spinning at Denise Needles HQ

5. RedfordPhyl says:

Love the Sunflower Socks, and Miss Lucy is most welcome. Princesses need new toys, too.

6. Patricia says:

Thanks so much for the Nanner pattern! I really like the sunflower pattern too; can’t wait.

7. I love the new look of the blog :-)

I’m also in love with the new socks – I love Sunflowers so I will def. be looking forward to getting this pattern. Do you need a test knitter?

Karens last blog post..A call for assistance

8. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Beautiful socks! They really look like sunflowers.

I love the new blog! Your web guru did a wonderful job. I’ll be checking “Travel and Teaching” frequently–how I wish you would come to New England!

Great photo of Lucy with her toy.

9. Ooh, I’ve been looking for a toe-up pattern to start! And I think it’ll be fun to knit these without knowing ahead of time exactly what they’ll look like. (Okay, the chart sort of gives it away, but still….)

Can’t wait for your book to come out! I just recently learned how to knit socks toe-up and I love doing them that way.

Sarah Rs last blog post..Am I Just Easily Irked Because It’s Friday?

10. Thanks for sharing the Nanner pattern, I’ve always liked it. :) And hey, the blog still looks great, whether you did the work or not ;)

Tabbys last blog post..Menu Plan Monday

11. Belated admiration for the blog’s new look — very nice indeed. :-)

I’m another late-comer to Plurk, so thanks for the nanner pattern! Yet another Wendy sock to add to my queue (I’m still working on that first little pair of socks…they’re on hold for a bit)! I’ve pre-ordered the new book…can’t wait to see it!

yarnpiggys last blog post..A little bonus at the LYS today…(hot yarny actor ogling action!!!)

12. The sunflower socks are really pretty

13. Danielle from SW MO says:

Thanks for the Nanner pattern!! I cant wait for the Sunflower pattern to arrive to TLE!

14. Thank you for the Nanner pattern. I have wanted to figure out Plurk but not sure what I am supposed to be doing, {[sigh}} I’ll have to get one of my kids to help me. LOL

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Sunday- So Finally A Picture Or Two

15. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

I love the Sunflower pattern and can’t wait until it comes out. Sunflowers are my favorite. Your new blog layout is really nice!

16. Karen in Baltimore says:

Ditto on the other comments: Great new site! Fabulous Sunflowers! And thanks for the Nanner pattern. I just happen to have some sock yarn in my stash . . .

17. i love the new blog layout! looks great. thanks for sharing the pattern with us :)

18. Beth in Seattle says:

Your new web page looks great. I love the sunflower sock and hope you publish the pattern – this would be the perfect sock for my grandmother as it was my mother’s favorite flower.

19. Sunflowers are very special to me for many reasons. That design is wonderful! I can not wait to see the finished socks. Will this pattern be available?

Qutecowgirls last blog post..A little sewing!

20. Oh and thank you for the pattern too! I saw Turtlegirl’s nanners and have wanted to make them!

Qutecowgirls last blog post..A little sewing!

21. Donna S. says:

Thanks for the pattern. Is there a picture of some Nanner socks?

22. I love your knitting and will likely make those sunflower socks for my sunflower loving sister when the pattern comes out, but one thing I really do not like is a feature of the new blog. I have a laptop computer with a wide screen and the new format to the blog is very narrow. I like being able to cram as much of a blog post as possible onto one screen by widening my web browser. The old format for the blog had a much wider area for the text that is the meat of the blog. This new narrower format makes it much harder to read. Is there some way your blog designer could make the width of the post scale to fit the width the reader’s browser window so I’m not left seeing more of your background color than your writing. Thanks

23. Oh, thanks so much for the Nanner Socks pattern – I’d been hoping to see it! And the blog revamp looks really great too :)

24. The sunflowers are great! I love the lacy line up the side; it sets off the patterned instep so nicely. Is there patterning on the back of the leg, too, or just the front? Can’t tell from this picture. Gorgeous!

pdxknitteratis last blog post..Random thoughts on yarn weights

25. The new blog looks great, and I love those socks they really do remind me of sunflowers. Thanks for the nanner socks pattern too.

LeenieBeenies last blog post..New Neighbors!

26. Awesome! Thanks so much for the free pattern.
    Your sunflower socks are going amazing. I can’t wait to see it when it’s all done.

PMOYSs last blog post..Irish and Proud! Sewing Post + Cat

27. Thanks for posting the pattern. I know in the past you have said that many of your socks could be knit top down. Is this pattern one that would be happy that way?

Barbara-Kays last blog post..Triumphant weekend for Meezermeowmy

28. Hi Wendy!

Thanks so much for sharing the Nanner pattern. I must admit I’m having a hard time keeping up with knitting all of your sock patterns that I have collected. Just when I thought I had a handle on it, along comes another one ;) I’ll be in real trouble next month when your book arrives at my house. Maybe I’ll just stock up on cereal and milk so my family can help themselves while I’m busy… Thanks again so very much for everything!
    Lisa

29. Thanks for the sock pattern!

Barbs last blog post..Finishing Friday

30. thanks for the pattern! love the new look of the website -

margarets last blog post..I Guess She can Finally Learn to Knit …

31. Kathleen says:

I love your new redesigned website, it looks great. Thanks for another wonderful sock pattern. You’re full of surprises for us.

32. I love the Sunflower socks. It’s different from anything I’ve seen.

Pats last blog post..Mad Color Weave Socks

33. Love the new sock, color is perfect. N

34. You are so very good to your readers!!

My childhood friend loves sunflowers! Guess I better get some yarn ready ;-)

Megan S.s last blog post..Warning: Very Little Content

35. I have to say, I like this layout of your blog better than the old one, it looks cleaner. Not that I didn’t like the other layout, but I like this one more. :o)

Anyways, nice sock! Very pretty!

36. Wendy, thank you so much for re-posting the Nanner socks. I saw someone’s blog who has been making them and I just love them. I looked at other socks that were somewhat similar, but none had quite the same charm. THANKS!

37. Katherine says:

Thanks so much for the Nanner sock pattern. I don’t know when I’ll knit it, but I promise I will!

38. Thank you soooo much for making the Nanner pattern available! Love the new socks.

Heather / “Arctic Knitter”s last blog post..A Day Late….

39. Thank you for the pattern. I admit I was jealous when you made it for your plurk buds, but I didn’t think it would be polite to ask for it. I appreciate you sharing it with the rest of us!

40. Theresa in Italy says:

Love those Sunflower socks!

41. Sweet! I have been wanting to knit some Nanner socks!

Love the new look of the blog btw.

Jens last blog post..Personal Pattern (not in Ravelry)

42. Yay! I love the Nanner socks – thank you for letting us all have the chance to knit them!

43. I love the sunflower socks even more today than yesterday. They really are turning out lovely. And thanks for the Nanner pattern. I don’t plurk, but I do like that pattern.

Jenna Ss last blog post..Good News, Bad News Edition

44. I love the socks and the new look!

Jennifers last blog post..Sweater in November?

45. Love the redesign!

46. Hariamrit says:

Love your new look. New loo, new book, you are giving us lots to enjoy.

47. Thank you for yet another beautiful sock pattern.

I do hope you come to CT sometime soon! I would love to meet you in person.

48. Cynthia A says:

Wendy, that was very kind of you to let us all have your Nanner pattern, thank yoiu very much. Your new blog design is very pleasing, and I really like the Lucy snapshots along the top header!

49. Everytime I read your blog I become more and more of a sock knitter, I hate and love you for that.

Angies last blog post..Set of 3 Glass Turqouise Stitch Markers

50. Lovely new layout! WendyKnits just keeps getting better and better! And more Lucy pics! :-)

51. I love the sunflower socks!!! They are so nice. I may have to get that one when you release it unless you are kind to the unemployed;-)

52. Love the new look, especially the header font up top. Looks great!

renees last blog post..I need to try this

53. LOVING the new blog! So much to explore on here. And the sunflower socks rock. I started my first toe-up and am using your gusset and slip stitch heel pattern. Thanks for offering so many nice patterns to everyone. You truly are amazing. :)

Danieles last blog post..FLS Update and First Toe-Up

54. I usually read your posts in my bloglineswindow, but when you mentioned a new layout I had to come over and see. Lookin´ good! I am a sucker for purples. I really like that sunflowersock too, will it be released as a pattern when you are done? The sock just screams “Spring!” so I might just have to make them :)

55. Love the new look of your blog. I really like that sunflower sock, and I’ve had your book pre-ordered with Amazon since last Aug, so I’m really excited now!!!!
    Love to you and Lucy