1. Woodfords, designed by Elizabeth Doherty, knit from Madelinetosh Merino Light in the "paper" colorway on U.S. size 3, 5, and 7 needles.

Ides of March + Two

I forgot to beware the Ides of March the other day. Rats.

I’m working along on the Sunflower sock — here it is as of this afternoon.

sunflower031709 160x240 Ides of March + Two

I’m about to start the ribbing.

The back is plain — here’s a side view that shows that:

sunflowerside031709 160x240 Ides of March + Two

And just for fun, a close-up of the toe!

sunflowercloseup031709 215x240 Ides of March + Two

We decided that Sharon would knit hers in a different color, so you can see that the flower doesn’t necessarily have to be a sunflower if yellow is not your thing. Here is the start of Sharon’s sock:

pinksunflowers031709 168x240 Ides of March + Two

It can be a pink daisy! icon biggrin Ides of March + Two

This yarn is Chameleon Colorworks Bambino in “Rose.”

In answer to your queries, we will be selling this pattern through The Loopy Ewe when we complete it.

There was a question in the comments yesterday if the Nanner Sock can be knit top down using the charts “as-is.” You could, but your nanners would be oriented in the opposite direction. I worked up a quick up-side-down nanner sock chart, here, in pdf format.

Beware — I was tired when I did this and I don’t know if it actually works because I did not knit a sample. But it might work. icon smile Ides of March + Two

In other news, I came home to find Lucy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in a somewhat alarming fashion.

lucy031709 240x227 Ides of March + Two

When I asked her about it, things got ugly quickly.

laserlucy031709 183x240 Ides of March + Two

Comments

1. I love the green eyes! she’s really getting into the spririt of the day!

2. All hail the HypnoLucy! Purty sock (I dare not mention that ahead of the HypnoLucy, dare I?).

3. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

Lucy really knows how to celebrate …too, too funny. :)

4. Lucy is really in the spirit of things today. I really like the sock.

5. LOL! Love the “green eyes” picture ;-) Those sunflower socks are really great too Wendy.

6. Cynthia A says:

Holy cow, Lucy has really gotten into the spirit! Who knew that she had high-beams?

7. Now, Miss Lucy, THAT is wearing ‘o the green indeed. She sure knows how to party!!

The socks are GORGEOUS!! Love them as always :)

Anastasias last blog post..R1P3 – Not doing so great!

8. Lucy is amazing! Who knew she looked so good in green. Love the socks, too. Pink daisies, yellow sunflowers. Great!

9. :) I love the pictures of Lucy! :)

LittleWits last blog post..Misdirection

10. Wow, I wish I could make my eyes do that, that is cool! ;) Love the socks, so sweet!

11. Lasers set to “stun”!

12. anne marie in philly says:

someone took a dip in the white house fountains while you were at work…LOL

(for those not in the know, the white house dyed the fountain water green today)

13. there’s a greeting card in the glowing eyes pic.

miss sandras last blog post..I Got Nothing.

14. Okay. I choked on my drink. Lucy! You glow in the dark!

Earins last blog post..

15. That sunflower sock is beeyoutiful, I must knits it and it has to be that color!

ccr in MAs last blog post..Harold Hits a Nerve

16. Thanks for the upside-down Nanners chart!

Barbara-Kays last blog post..Triumphant weekend for Meezermeowmy

17. Patricia says:

Lucy is lovely in green. The sock pattern is great.

18. Dude! The Ides of March got your blog! At least your blog faired much better than Cesare did.

Traveling Anns last blog post..Furry Little Creeps

19. Alice in Richmond says:

My first thought was that Lucy must be a teenager. The Emperor is too young for such frolicking.

20. Hehe Lucy’s so crazy!!!!

Thanks for doing the top-down chart. Now I can try it!

Jadieladys last blog post..Midnight, 2nd day.

21. Cool pattern! Freaky cat!!

Sharilyns last blog post..Happy St. Patrick’s Day

22. Please give Lucy a scratch on the head for me. She is awsome. Socks in pink are lovely too. But oh the Sunflowers!

23. Apparently Lucy’s Irish eyes are smiling!

Eklectikas last blog post..

24. The inverted pattern should work. I’ve done a toe-up and a cuff down pair and found the pattern very easy to reverse (as you know, that doesn’t work with all patterns).

25. Oh no! It’s Lucy! Run!

26. Lucy’s Glowing Green Eyes cracked me up! Apparently she had a bit too much of the radioactive green beer today?

kmkats last blog post..Why, yes, I DO still knit.

27. Lucy green is golden. LOL

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Monday- Potatoes and Popcorn

28. WENDY – did you leave the kryptonite lying around??? ;-)
    The pattern is really nice on the socks. Part of it actually remind me of a design on my four poster bed.

Hugs!!!

Cats last blog post..Sock Knitting Continues

29. Those socks are making me wish that there’s snow in Singapore!

emys last blog post..Getting waylaid in posting

30. The socks are beautiful!

31. Wow, this sock is a must have to my collection. Beautiful!!!

Carol L Simmonss last blog post..Finally Finished $5 Quilt!

32. Oh Wendy – - I got a good laugh from Lucy’s Irish Eyes! Thank you so much. You are too much! I’m looking forward to buying the sunflower sock pattern from The Loopy Ewe. Pretty, pretty pattern. Your “new” blog is so awesome!

33. I’m really looking forward to getting the Sunflower sock.
    Hope Lucy is back to normal today.

Idas last blog post..My How I’ve Grown

34. Eeek! Lucy is secretly a Laser Cat!!

CraftyGryphons last blog post..400 posts, and a Shoe.

35. Lucy!
    I believe you’re trying to beam thoughts into all our heads!

(“Send salmon. Care of Momma….”)

Cathy-Cates last blog post..Emerging O’ The Green

36. Great photos of Lucy, once again. I laughed out loud.
    The flower sock is beautiful.

37. Happy St. Patty’s. I was going to make a green dessert when I got home, but it took me way too long to make dinner! Maybe I’ll get that done tonight instead in honor of the moment.

Seanna Leas last blog post..cramming

38. OMG! Lucy is hilarious! Thanks for the chart – that’s great!!

By the way, I just finished turning my heel and knitting the slip stitch heel flap and gusset on your toe-up pattern. I had no idea that what was going to happen would happen. I just followed the directions… and dang if the heel, gusset and flap didn’t just “appear”!! Thanks again Wendy!! It’s so much fun to do toe-up.

Danieles last blog post..FLS Update and First Toe-Up

39. Kathryn Sigman says:

Lucy is just “too cool for school” with those green eyes!!
    Love the new sock pattern and I can’t wait to try it!

40. Pretty socks. I like the color you used. Kitty is bright eyed and bushy tailed. Heh. Couldn’t help myself. :-)

Mrs MJWs last blog post..Projects in The Works and a Free Pattern

41. Gretchen says:

Wendy, what beautiful socks. As a citizen of Kansas, sunflowers always face one direction-the sun. How perfect that the flowers are on the front only!

42. That first Lucy picture looks like it could be part of an Andy Warhol series. We also forgot to beware the Ides; luckily nothing untoward happened at our house, either. Your knitting is so inspirational!