1. Segel, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the "Draco" gradient set on a 3.5 mm (U.S. size 4) needle.

Grey Day

It’s a grey day because I completed the second grey sock. Woo-hoo!

Here’s the pair:

socks0333109 240x228 Grey Day

I’ll get photos of them on the hoof this weekend, and will be finalizing the pattern shortly thereafter.

socksa033109 240x160 Grey Day

In the meantime, did you see that both the Flora and the Sunflower sock pattern are now available at The Loopy Ewe? When last I checked, there were still copies available of both for sale.

In my Plurk book giveaway, Karen, aka TheKnittingPatch has won the copy of my new book. Congratulations, Karen, and thanks to everyone who plurked an entry!

And finally . . .

lucy033109 240x190 Grey Day

I wonder what she’s thinking about?

Comments

1. Thank you for making the Flora pattern available. I look forward to knitting it.

2. Thanks for the reminder..I am on my way there now to purchase the sunflower pattern…love it….

3. Her tail does look like it’s in the shape of an “L”. Maybe she’s getting in to the sock thing and wants a tail cozy???

4. Congratulations KnittingPatch for winning the book.

Lucy looks bored. She is waiting for a skein of fiber to get loose, so she pounce on it.

5. Lucy is thinking how silly it is for people to have to knit socks for their feet. Hers are attached and are wash and wear!

6. Congratulations to the lucky Karen!

Perhaps Lucy’s contemplating what damage she could do to a new pair of socks. Meow!

Rennas last blog post..Gettin’ Things Done

7. Congrats to TheKnittingPatch! Looks like my plan to play it safe by pre-ordering the book was well-advised. :-)

Lucy is thinking about how regal she looks in this pose. :-)

8. WOW! They are gorgeous, Wendy!! Thank yet again for another great pattern :)

Anastasias last blog post..R1P3 – Not doing so great!

9. Yay Karen! It couldn’t have gone to a nicer home.

10. I spotted the patterns on Ravelry this afternoon.

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Monday- I Shot The Moon Today

11. Hey Wendy – do you still spin? I’ve been researching wheels and when I googled Lendrum I managed to pull up one of your blog entries from 2004 when you were considering a Lendrum for a traveling wheel. Just wondering if you still spin and what you thought (you were getting another castle-style wheel at the time but my middle aged brain is like a sieve this week) of your wheel(s).

12. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

Congratulations to Karen! I really like the new socks. I hoping to pick up your Sunflower pattern during the Loopy Spring Fling.

13. Lucy appears to be contemplating some salmon or perhaps a new toy.

Kim B.s last blog post..This Is Spring?/New Pair of Socks

14. Yes I did and I purchased copies of both. I love Sunflower and may move it to the front of the queue if I ever finish my St Louis socks which it looks like I probably will finish in St Louis. Methinks this will be appropriate since that pattern was created there.

Timmie Bs last blog post..ENOUGH ALREADY!

15. Danielle B says:

Lucy sez… ommmmmmmmm found the catnip….. ommmmmmmm

16. Congratulations to all of the winners. Just 14 more days and I get mine! Love those socks for Ian. Perfect color.

17. I’m sorry, but cats don’t think. They may meditate, or ponder, or space out completely, but they never, ever think.

18. I think Lucy’s thinking, “I have socks. Why doesn’t anyone fuss about my socks?”

Hissy Stitchs last blog post..FO: The Mother of Invention — DVD/CD Drive Sleeve (with free pattern)

19. Hurray for Karen – your wait is no longer. Just a few more weeks and I hope to have mine also!
    Wendy, your man-socks are very handsome! I hope KORAC gets some use out of them before he has to put them away until fall.
    Lucy has a very zen-like-look about her – or is she admiring daddy’s socks?

JoAnns last blog post..Putting Winter Away

20. congrats to the winner…i agree, lucy looks bored.

turtles last blog post..quickie links

21. The socks look awesome! :)

LittleWits last blog post..*crickets*

22. margieinmaryland says:

love those socks!
    love those socks!
    love those socks!

23. Plurk entries?! Man, I’ve gotta plurk more often!

Gorgeous socks, I love that color.

Hey Lucy, pretty girl! =^_^=

Annas last blog post..baby-baby-baby!

24. Lucy’s obviously thinking on how to best confuse you into thinking about what she is thinking, when all she is thinking is to make you think about her thinking.

I think I just confused my own brain.

Cats <3

Nunts last blog post..SNY:lleni / for my Finnish KnitSwap Partner

25. Danielle from SW MO says:

One never knows what cats are thinking…however knowing Miss Lucy I’m betting shes t:-)hinking about how to get mama to give her some more Wildside Salmon treats

26. Lynne D says:

When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
    The reason, I tell you, is always the same;
    His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
    Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
    His eneffable effable
    Effanineffable
    Deep and inscrutable singular
    Name.
    (with thanks to T.S. Eliot)

Me? I’d be thinking about the lovely socks.

27. She’s thinking about how much better the Sphinx would have looked without the human face.

Elysbeths last blog post..Marched to the Finish

28. Lucy’s talking to herself. She’s saying “You look mah-ve-lous, Dahling”

29. I really like those gray socks! I think my husband would like them too. I’m looking forward to when the pattern is available.

30. You’re fortunate. I have three cats and one of them (my husband’s “little boy” actually) not only eats yarn but eats the cables on circular needles. I just lost another set of Addi’s because he knows how to open my knitting bag if the zipper has even the tiniest, micro-opening in it. He also ate the sock I was knitting from one of your patterns: second time he’s attacked your sock pattern, specifically. They must taste better!

31. Since you are controlling the weather, please go back to knitting something bright and sunny!

32. Betsy Watts says:

Nice guy socks. I was wondering what you do with all of your sock yarn scraps? I’ve made little socks or baby socks out of mine.

33. I still love those grey socks. Funny how sometimes fairly plain and simple screams out at me….

Anyway…I’m sure I’m the last knitter on the planet to notice this, but I finished Casting Spells last night and I was THRILLED to see your two top 10 lists on there. MADE my night…I went around the house going “I read her blog, I READ her BLOG” The computer geek didn’t understand the commotion, but that’s okay!

shellys last blog post..We really did it.

34. Lucy is plotting the overthrow of the Universe. Catnip for all!!!