1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Finished

I did indeed finish my Bluebell socks yesterday (erroneously identified in yesterday’s post as Honeycomb socks), and had a photo-shoot.

twofer050409 191x240 Finished

Honeycomb to the left, Bluebell to the right. They look very happy together, don’t they? The “Two-Fer” pattern will be available for sale from The Loopy Ewe soon.

I started knitting a sock with the Numma Numma “The Usual” that Allen gave me at the Spring Fling. (The colorway is indeed “Cherry on Top,” as correctly identified by clever reader Frances. Hey, Frances!)

yarn050409 240x162 Finished

This is awesome yarn, people. It’s a new base for Numma Numma and I love it. I also love the semi-solid nature of this colorway. It’s variegated enough to add some interest to the plain bits:

sipa050409 240x160 Finished

And solid enough so that fairly fancy stitchwork shows nicely.

sip050409 240x214 Finished

This new sock needs a name. Whaddya think I should call it?

Just for Fun

I saw this on a blog today, so of course I had to take the quiz.

2452 Finished
HumanForSale.com – Anti-aging

To answer one of the questions in the above quiz, I had to take this quiz:

95 Finished
Am-I-Dumb.com – Intelligence Test

The graphic is somewhat offensive, but marginally amusing, I think.

I’ll take that $2.45 million in small bills, please.

Lucy Sez

lucy050409 240x202 Finished

“I’m smart enough to know it’s time to eat!”

Comments

1. Great. now we will never ever get that head into an elevator ;)

2. Frances says:

*waves to Wendy* I remembered the name, because I was storing it for future reference in an update. ;) I love the way it’s knitting up!
    Name suggestion: Echo

3. I’m worth $1.87 million! Woo hoo!

Regina Beachs last blog post..Oh dear. Ooooh dear. Oh my.

4. Kym Hretz says:

The new sock design reminds me of when you put the word HUG in apperenteces like (((((hugs))))) online so I think “Hugs” is a great name!

5. Oh wow…I love the new pattern! I googled to find out if there are ruby-colored diamonds, and there are! Perhaps a name along that line? The color of your yarn is simply divine, as is the diamond pattern.

Nathalies last blog post..Pele Has the Right Idea

6. The pattern makes me think of a spider (or maybe spiderman) so I suggest Arachnid or something spidery.

7. Love the yarn color and the sock pattern. How about “Lacy Diamonds” for the sock name?

8. I like Itsy Bitsy spider.

9. It totally reminds me of spiders, too. I was going to suggest Arachnid but Viki beat me to it! But for a less icky feeling version, how about Arachne?

10. They’re beautiful!

I think the cherry socks should be “Dancing a Zig”… :)

Cyd/Faireravens last blog post..Stash Enhancement from MDSW!

11. Bethany says:

The socks reminds me of the pattern on a diamondback rattlesnake, so I suggest “Shake, Rattle, and Roll.”

12. I’d call this pretty sock “Va-va-voom”.

13. I have no suggestions for naming that very beautiful sock, but I love that they named a sock yarn “The Usual.” I can just see myself bellying up to the counter in my local yarn shop and saying, “Gimme ‘The Usual’!” :)

Now I have to go take a couple of quizzes…

juless last blog post..L’anniversaire deuxieme

14. yummy yummy?

15. Cat P. says:

How about Diamonds Are Forever.

16. As expected you are smarter than me

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Sunday- Discoveries

17. morandia says:

name for the new pattern? Diamonds in the Rouge

18. I’m thinking “Girls’ Best Friend” or “Diamond Flush” for the name!

19. cdnbull says:

I think Rose Petels, or Rose Thorns because of the angles.

20. rippling diamonds, cuz the brackets on either side remind me of ripples in water.

21. I agree with some of the above – something spidery. It reminds me of a spider. Given that I’m horribly arachnophobic, I won’t be wearing them, but they look quite lovely to make!

22. I don’t know why, but when I saw your new (pink) sock, I thought, “Dynamo!”

Carries last blog post..Daisy, daisy

23. Add Numma Numma to my stalking (oops I meant shopping list) it looks like a Nom Nom Nom yarn.

In these “hard economic times” I think you should combine the above suggestions and name it after two index based trusts used on the Market: Spiders and Diamonds

Elysbeths last blog post..Closed for Repairs

24. Wavy Gravy? Doesn’t fit with the color so much, though.

Heathers last blog post..Still chugging along

25. constant reader says:

I took that test and got all 25 questions right–where’s my money?

As for the socks, I like Tammy’s “Arachne.”

26. My suggestion for a name is Strawberry Webs.

Charlottes last blog post..It’s been a week of stories … and it’s not over yet

27. Margaret Fox says:

How about “Mountain Peaks” Gotta get me some of that Numma Numma.

28. I think I like the name <<>> best, but I did think of some of the other suggestions. Since many think of spiders, how about “Spida-Girl”?

29. The diamonds created by your zig zag lace kind of reminds me of an hourglass. The Zig Zag reminds me of Rick-Rack. The yarn is super – I’m going to put that on my to-buy list.

Such an enabler!

Megan S.s last blog post..It’s been a while, I know…

30. I haven’t bought any of Allen’s yarns so thanks for sharing this colorway. I’m trying to stick to solids and semi-solids because they show off the stitch patterns better and I have enough handpainted multi-color to knit socks for a long long time. Tell Lucy it’s time to eat here too.

southparknitters last blog post..Looks like it worked…

31. They’re beautiful socks. How about naming them after Paul Simon’s song “Diamonds on the soles of her feet”?

32. Ariadne says:

What is that huge somewhat scary cat face behind Lucy? :-) I guess it’s a mat but I don’t remember seeing it included in a pic before. My own cat is pawing at my knee and telling me it’s definitely time to get off the computer and get her some supper.

33. I haven’t bought any of Allen’s yarns so thanks for sharing this colorway. I’m trying to stick to solids and semi-solids because they show off the stitch patterns better and I have enough handpainted multi-color to knit socks for a long long time. Tell Lucy it’s time to eat here too.

34. “A Kiss On The Cheek” because after all diamonds are a girl’s best friend.

35. Lulynn says:

The sock is looking great. “Cherry Fling” in honor of the color and where you got the yarn. Just a suggestion.

36. Deb in PA says:

How about “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend!” for a sock name?

37. How about “Diamonds on Top”?

Angelas last blog post..Top Ten Things I Didn’t Hear This Weekend…

38. I think “Diamond in the Rough” would be good – kinda reflects the hidden beauty of the yarn too! Very beautiful socks! You just keep ‘em comin’ and we’ll keep buying the yarn!
    I’m sure whatever you pick though will be awesome!

39. ‘Diamond Vibes’ is my contribution to the list of names.
    Smooches for lovely Lucy.

40. The first thing that came to mind was “Huggs”. You know….. <<<>>>….!! They look great.

Lizs last blog post..oh boy, oh, boy, oh boy…..More fiber to spin!

41. The socks remind me of the mountainous curvy roads Hubby & I road our Goldwing through up & over the Tetons. So “Switchback” is my suggestion.

Will definitely have to add Numma Numma to my stash.

JoAnns last blog post..Where Has 11 Years Gone?

42. I think the socks should be called “Gather Ye Rosebuds” as it looks rosy (I’m ignoring the cherry nature of the yarn’s name) and a bit like twining rose bushes.

Oooh – maybe “Twining Roses”?

It’s beautiful, whatever you call it.

boutrosbabes last blog post..Something old, something new…

43. anne marie in philly says:

I am worth $787,520.

I answered 21/25 questions correctly, so I am smarter than 79.03% of the population.

steven and meredith say: “meow, what did momma serve you for dinner, cousin lucy? some wildside salmon, perhaps?”

44. I love the color of those socks. They made me think of zig zags so I thought a good name was, “lacy zig zags ”

Elsie Ogles last blog post..My Lovely Girls

45. How about “Parenthesis” or “Echoed Diamonds”

46. The name of the yarn + the pattern that looks like a sidewalk with picket fence made me think of “Cherry-Tree Lane” from Mary Poppins.

47. I think you should name the pink sock “Canyon”. Don’t know why, but it just came to me…… I’m afraid to go take those tests. I don’t want to find out I’m worth 10 million, ’cause I might start chopping body parts off :P

48. Ruby Slippers might be a nice name. Or perhaps Cranberry Juice Cocktail.

Heidis last blog post..Knittin’ and Teachin’ Knittin’ and Stuff

49. LOVE that yarn color!! How about “Cherries Jubilee”?

50. I’m thinking “Rosebud” – the shape reminds me of the tight buds on my rosa rugosa bushes…..or “Rosa” would work too, for that matter….

51. A Fagelson says:

How about “Zig the Zag”?

52. I like….you zig, I zag.
    or zig ‘n zag
    I love the color..will have to put that one on my list!!! have a good one

53. Jill D. says:

How about Bric-a-Brac….or Wooly Lightning?

54. Cherries Jubilee. It combines the name of the yarn and the diamond ‘jubilees’ down/up the middle of the sock.

55. That socks screams “Aztec” to me… Love it!!

56. My first thought was “Kiss of the Spider Woman”. The design immediately struck me as a spider. Allen is such a talented dyer. Could she be the new Claudia? Her yarn disappeared as fast as Wollmeise during the last sneak up.

57. Dorothy says:

The first thing I thought when I saw the sock was “Diamonds are a girls best friend!” So that is my choice of a name! I do really like that colour though. Hope to find some soon. Hug that pretty Lucy girl for me. She is probably smarter than most Humans I am sure!

58. Southwest Sunrise. :D
    The pattern is really cute!
    I can’t wait to nab your new patterns.

Pmoyss last blog post..Kai’s cutsew progress

59. Theresa in Italy says:

Well, you’re worth more than I am—fun quiz!

Love the new sock pattern and good luck picking out a name from all the suggestions; meanwhile I’ll gear up to stalk The Loopy Ewe for the Twofer pattern.

60. I like the name arachnia for the socks. Gorgeous yarn.

61. I was thinking Rose Trellis, but I know you prefer names not to reflect the sock color, so that might not suit.

62. How about Cherry Lattice?

I enjoy your sock designs, whatever they’re called. Someday I’ll be brave enough to knit one!

Annas last blog post..It’s a start

63. i think you should name your socks Ziggy zaggy funky socky….cos they seem quite wacky and fun! xx whaddya think? x

64. Numma numma yarn in that colour might be what it takes to make me a serious sock knitter!

But I wouldn´t dare to take the Am-I-Dumb test.

Johannes last blog post..Inga Snöflinga Goes to Karlstad

65. I think ‘Diamonds are forever’. Whatever they end up being called they are lovely.

Lotties last blog post..NEWSFLASH

66. I think ” Popsicle” sounds fun. Love the Cherry color!

Wanda

67. Love the color-how about Heat Waves?!

Cindys last blog post..Treasures

68. Amanda B says:

How about vacillation? Must try Numma Numma……

69. The center diamonds remind me of a cable pattern that Elizabeth Zimmermann called “FishTrap” – too bad the yarn isn’t a watery color…..

BTW, I’m on pins and needles waiting for Amazon to cough up your new book. I’ve heard some rave reviews on it and can’t wait to see it for myself.

70. All I could see was “Wandering Path”. What gorgeous yarn.

71. JulieM says:

Diamonds are forever was my first thought. However, the Cherries Jubilee caught my attention in the comments (from Erica). So, how about Diamond Jubilee? Such a cheery color, can’t wait to see the progress on these!

72. they remind me of Lombard Street in San Fran…how about Lombard socks?

73. That yarn looks delightful – how many plies is it?

For the socks, what about switchback?

Aimees last blog post..Sheepy smell

74. How about “Crooked Path”

75. “Itsy Bitsy Spider”? The colour is gorgeous!!

Wanniettas last blog post..Watching TAR 14 with Wannietta – part le 10

76. I like JulieM’s suggestion of Diamond Jubilee!

77. SamLaTricoteuse says:

Name ?
    It reminds me of Summer when on the front porch you eat your first Strawberry Popsicle when we were young.. !
    The colour, mostly !

78. For the sock – how about “Diamonds are a Knitter’s Best Friend”? Love the pattern!

79. How about “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?” I saw those diamonds first and immediately thought the word has to be in the name!
    But then I like the (((hugs))) idea, too! (Wonder why?)
    (((Hugs)))

80. Gorgeous! I started reading everyone else’s choice of name and got really confused! Now – to go back and look at it, I would say Lacy Diamonds.

Also, loving the twofer!! Hi Lucy!

Danieles last blog post..Bolts and Baby Ducks

81. Bubblegum Cooler

The colorway reminds me of bubblegum and the socks look cool and refreshing.

82. Jennifer says:

I think of pink diamonds. Which makes me think of Elizabeth Taylor (for some reason) and the Pink Panther. So I really don’t know what to name them.

83. Beautiful yarn and pattern. How’sabout Razzle Dazzle? They remind me of raspberries. luv.m.

84. the zig zags remind me of ski slopes (don’t ask, I don’t know) so how about Diamond Slopes

Karens last blog post..Spinning

85. Love that yarn! :::pads off to investigate possible yarn acquisition:::

Melissas last blog post..Not Pink Floyd

86. I took the Human for Sale test and I showed up fairly well. It’s all that good living at the gym!

Seanna Leas last blog post..the white rabbit

87. I think your new sock should be named “Lottery”, because it reminds me of diamonds and hence gambling… and winning. I think I may also use your quizzes on my blog… they look like fun!

Chantelles last blog post..Much Ado about Nothing

Trackbacks

1. [...] I was poking around on some blogs today, I came across some quizes that Wendy Knits had taken a few days ago. So, I thought I’d give them a [...]