1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Happy Mother’s Day

It was on Mother’s Day in 2003 that Lucy came to live with me. The volunteer from the rescue organization came over that Sunday for a home visit, and left Miss Lucy with me on the spot.

Lucy is celebrating that happy event.

envelope051009 240x160 Happy Mothers Day

She has remarkably good paw-writing, doesn’t she?

card051009 240x230 Happy Mothers Day

And I have a completed Rick-Rack sock to show you:

rickrack051009 113x240 Happy Mothers Day

And from the side:

rickrackside051009 160x240 Happy Mothers Day

And I’ve started a new sock:

sip051009 240x160 Happy Mothers Day

This lovely yarn is Enchanted Knoll Farm’s Superwash Sock Yarn in the “Athelas” colorway. Love it!

Lucy Sez:

lucy051009 240x160 Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mother’s Day!

Comments

1. yarnbeans says:

Happy Mother’s Day!

2. Happy Mothers Day !!

3. Little did anyone know at the time that Miss Lucy would become such a superstar! Such a talented girl, like her Momma. ;-)

CatMyerss last blog post..EZ’ing again

4. That Lucy is as talented as her mum!

Happy Mother’s Day!

yarnpiggys last blog post..Bouquets & Brickbats

5. You have wonderful socks. Thank you for your great book. I love it. Happy Mother´s Day!

Maisis last blog post..Onnea Äidille!

6. Wow!
    Wendy it’s taking me a year to finish a pair of self-striping socks and you’ve started another pair. I started reading you blog when you were working on the Shetland Shawl. Where do you find the energy and is it bottled? Lucy is a cutie and so lucky to have you. Happy Mom’s Day

7. Lucy, I’m sure you already know this – but you have the bestest mama around!

8. Happy Mother’s Day to all! Wendy, I love the new sock pattern…will you be sharing it with us when it’s done? :)

juless last blog post..Spring, and a young cat’s fancy

9. Lucy, I’m so proud of you for remembering to honor your mother on mother’s day. Good work.

Pats last blog post..Knitting love

10. I like the symmetry in the design of the rick-rack socks. Another winner!

Mylynes last blog post..Hey, Wait a Minute Mr. Postman!

11. Shirley. in PA says:

Happy Mother’s Day. I remember when Lucy came to live with you, and how she still have not recovered from the dog attack. You gave her the love and security she needed, and as her confidence grew she really blossomed. Blessings on you both.

12. Happy Mother’s Day to you, and Happy Finding Your Forever Home Day to Lucy. I know that’s not really a day, but it sure should be!

Diannes last blog post..Happy Mother’s Day!

13. I wish my cats’ pawmenship was that good.

Idas last blog post..Excuse a bit of self-indulgent reminiscing

14. Aw, how appropriate: Lucy got her new mommy on Mother’s Day! Happy anniversary and Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who surely is one of the best kitteh mommies evah!

15. How very lucky you and Lucy were that day. I wish you each a happy Mother’s Day

Leslies last blog post..I forgot!

16. I remember the day Lucy came to live with her very special mommy! The knitting world was also enhanced with Lucy’s presence!
    Happy Mother’s Day, Wendy! *hugs*

17. Happy Mother’s Day to you Wendy. How lucky for Lucy that she got to live with you.She is a beautiful cat. Thoughtful too. Love the Rick Rack sock. The new one is lovely, pretty color.

18. Happy Mother’s Day!

SockPixies last blog post..Happy Mother’s Day

19. Dorothy says:

Ah!! You are so lucky to be Lucy’s Mom.
    Happy Mother’s Day!!

20. Happy Mother’s Day! I love the color of the new sock, it reminds me of Mint Ice Cream!! (That was my favorite color as a kid.)

Andreas last blog post..Winter/Spring Knitting.

21. I love the new sock!!

Marlenes last blog post..Soaker fever…

22. Aww, lucky Lucy to have such an awesome knitterly mama! Happy day to you both.

yoels last blog post..Thwarted procrastination

23. Happy Mother’s Day!!!

24. i was wondering how lucy snuck out of the house to go shopping! smile, happy mothers day!

turtles last blog post..Like I needed another hobby! (and a pimp)

25. happy mother’s day! I finally sat down with your book and am pleased to report I learned the magic cast on (I did have to practice several times and sit thru the cat bordhi youtube video), but it clicked and it’s fabulous! I LOVE 2-circs! Thanks for paving the way, I’m not going back. Any thoughts on what to do with the zillions of size 0 thru 2 dp needles that are scattered all over my house? Question about knitting for someone with wide ankles/calves? In addition to adding a few stitches after the heel turn, does it make sense to go up a needle size on the leg?

thanks!

26. Lucky Lucy to have such a terrific momma! Lucky us that she regularly shows us Lucy pics and sock patterns!

Dianes last blog post..Happy Mother’s Day!

27. I have to speak seroiusly with my two cats. The DID NOT send me a card for Mother’s Day. Paaaah!

28. Love the Rick Rack sock and the new one in progress! Josette dyes beautiful yarn, doesn’t she?

Lucy is such a thoughtful girl. :-)

29. Happy Day after Mother’s Day to you. I love the new sock design.

Anas last blog post..Spring Fling Pictures

30. Regarding Enchanted Knoll Farm – - is it the colorway you love or the yarn or BOTH? I have a few skeins in my stash, but I haven’t worked with it yet. Nice to work with? I love my colorways very much – - part of the reason why I haven’t knitted with it yet – - pretty to look at in my basket, but I also want to pick a pattern that will be perfect for the colorway. I get stuck on a decision and then put it back. Happy “belated” Mother’s Day – - you are a terrific mom to Lucy. She is such a lucky girl!!!

31. I love the rick rack socks; the stitch pattern is so sculptural!

Seanna Leas last blog post..not the walk of shame

32. What a gorgeous baby she was and still is. She is so lucky to have you as her mommy. and of course, your Rick Rack, came out marvelous. simply marvelous:) Happy belated mother’s day.

33. Elizabeth says:

Ms. Lucy looks like a Himalayan or Ragdoll kitty. She is absolutely gorgeous, with those chocolate points and blue eyes! Kitties named Lucy are also very special. I also have a Lucy, but she is a short-haired brown tabby.

34. Gretchen says:

My three cats also got me a M’s day card. How do they do it? Well, we KNOW they go shopping online during the day when we’re at work…. I’m sure they’re responsible for at least some of the yarn in my stash.

35. Lucy is so sweet!
    Unlike those big, slobbering beast dogs I share my life with. pout.
    Love the Rick-Rack Socks.

Ann in CTs last blog post..Stupid, Embarrassing Car

36. Lou in Atlanta says:

I like your new book but don’t think many men want to wear lace or prissy fancy socks. WHY DO MOST DESIGNERS LEAVE US OUT?