1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Back to Knitting

Thank you for all your good wishes. I’m feeling much better today, after having had a full day of antibiotics.  The only pain I’m having now, I think, is the residual ache of having someone drill a hole into my tooth and dig out its innards. And the 800mg ibuprofen tablets are helping to keep that pain to a minimum. The only problem is that they wear off after about 4 hours and I’m only supposed to take one once every 8 hours.

So now I can concentrate on looking forward to my trip to Charlotte, NC this Friday. There are all sorts of fun things planned at Charlotte Yarn. Here is the page describing the events. I hope if you are nearby you’ll drop in!

I knit a bit on Finnian’s Gansey last night — see?

gansey060209 240x160 Back to Knitting

Just a bit more and then I will start increasing on each side for the underarm gussets.

And I returned to the Catnip Sock on my commute today. It’s coming along.

sip060209 160x240 Back to Knitting

Check out these cool stamps from Sweden, which were affixed to a large envelope I received today:

stamps060209 240x176 Back to Knitting

Thanks, Johanne! icon biggrin Back to Knitting

Lucy wishes I wouldn’t photograph her while she’s trying to have a quiet drink of water.

lucy060209 240x160 Back to Knitting

Comments

1. I like the gansey, but bestill my heart with those catnip socks :-) I LOVE THEM!!!!!

Karens last blog post..

2. I for one am SUPER excited for Saturday!!!!!

Megan S.s last blog post..Color me Coral! (Or is it Begonia?)

3. I am always amazed at how much you get done. Very glad you are feeling better!

dragonfly7673s last blog post..It’s physics

4. So glad you’re feeling better and back to knitting. I’m looking forward to seeing you and hanging out with you and Aimee a bit Saturday afternoon.

southparknitters last blog post..On the go

5. Dorothy says:

Really happy you are feeling better!! Root canals are no fun!! Love your projects you are working on!

6. Glad to hear you’re on the mend…most of the time the left over pain is from the darn shots of novicane…you should be all set by this weekend…have a great trip..wish I were closer…8(

7. ChristyH says:

I am so glad you are feeling better. Love the socks as always.

8. Frances says:

Glad you’re feeling better! See you Saturday!

9. Dental pain is the worst…glad to hear your are feeling better.

Both the Gansey and the socks are looking wonderful. :o)

yarnpiggys last blog post..FO: Ravenclaw House Scarf

10. You could try also taking 8 hour Tyelenol. You can take both ibuprofen & acetaminophen at the same time & I’ve found that the 8 hour Tyelenol works really well for me – especially to help that break through pain. You could take it 2 or 3 hours after the ibuprofen.

11. I alternate Tylenol extra strength between my doses of Motrin, that way the pain meds never run out. DR approved this since they are different types of pain pills.

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Monday- June 1st Is It Contest Time Again?

12. I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling better. I’ve had two root canals in the last year and found them to be uncomfortably achy, just as you have. You might try Rx naprosyn sodium (aka Alleve) instead of the ibuprofen. My internist really recommends it over the others. As he puts it, it’s easier to repair the gastroenterological system than it is to fix a liver.

Mary the Digital Knitters last blog post..Like Cool, Man

13. Did your dentist pack the residual tooth with some sort of topical anesthetic? When I had a tooth split and had to have a crown put on, my dentist put on a temporary crown for a few days with something that tasted like cloves packed between the crown and the tooth and it seemed to help. They may have given me something extra under the crown because I’m hard to numb and was never fully deadened for the procedure, even after 7 injections. (yikes) Anyway, feel better soon!

Like the others, I can’t wait for the Catnip Socks! I already have some Shibui Wasabi set aside for them…and Finnian’s Gansey looks like fun too…

14. Dr. Jackie says:

Glad you’re feeling better.

Question: Where does one get a “leg” model?

15. Glad you’re feeling better.

Amazing progress on your knitting for not feeling well! Have a happy & safe trip to Charlotte! :)

Inas last blog post..A neat little yarn tip

16. Wendy, you should take some tylenol in between the doses of ibuprofin. They are safe to take together and the tylenol will help you keep the pain under control between doses. Also, they tend to work synergistically. They work better together than separately, if that makes any sense. Also, you may want to try 600 mg of ibuprofin every 6 hours instead which might help. Just take three regular ibuprofins. You don’t really need a scrip for that.

LOVE the catnip socks!

Jens last blog post..Catching up on FO’s

17. Hey, whatever happened to the Rick-Rack socks? I don’t see the pattern for sale at the loopy ewe. Is it in your new book? I’m hoping to get that for my birthday!

Jens last blog post..Catching up on FO’s

18. Muriel Correa says:

I am absolutely amazed at the progress you make even in the throes of pain! I can only hope that one day I will be able to knit as quickly and artistically as you can. Beautiful projects!!

19. Glad your mouth is feeling better! :)

LittleWits last blog post..FO – Vivian

20. My sympathies are with you. I live in fear of having a root canal. You must be very brave to have survived thus far!

Caffeine Girls last blog post..Plodding along

21. I’m glad all went well with the dental surgery. I’ve had several root canals, and they usually go smoothly once the offending nerve is calmed down.

That gansey is looking fabulous!

Hissy Stitchs last blog post..Forecast calls for intermittent baby showers

22. I am glad the pain has diminished and ibuprofen helping some.

I cannot wait to see you on Sunday for the book signing. I might be taking the train in I need to get in touch with down there to see if they have mass transportation from the station to the LYS.

Hugs!!! (doing the dance because so excited to meet Wendy after all these years).

Cat

Cats last blog post..Food, Knitting and WendyKnits

23. Will Finian get a matching pair of the diamond gansey socks in the book?

Glad to hear the dental problems are improving. Remember the movie with Tom Hanks as the FedEx exec stuck on the island? I think of that scene where he pulls his own tooth using an ice skate and a bowling ball. Last time I had a toothache (bum wisdom tooth) I was thinking that wasn’t a bad idea.

24. Danielle from SW MO says:

I am also gonna state that you can use acetamenophen and ibuprophen together as well. Just take one or the other every 3 hrs or so (alternating them of course). As a nurse I gave these 2 meds together frequently for pain, anti inflamatory properties of the ibuprophen and fever reduction.

25. So glad to hear you’ve been feeling a little better. : )

I absolutely love how the Catnip Sock is coming out – in particular, that green yarn is scrumptious. I wish I could roll around in it all day. Ahem.

The Left-Handed Crafters last blog post..Just born: pink and green miters

26. Beth P. says:

Amazing stamps!! I have a stamp-collector friend who would have heart palpitations over those!

Lovely knitting too, of course!

27. Stamps = awesome!

Positive healing thoughts to you :)

28. LOVE the gansey, LOVE the postage stamps– I’ve collected stamps off and on since my children were little, so I get very excited about pretty stamps.

sorry to hear about your dental work, I feel your pain. I’ve been there once or twice, so I can relate.

29. Glad you are feeling better. Tooth pain is not a fun time for anybody!

Seanna Leas last blog post..mailing day

30. Nalo Meli says:

My teeth are aching in sympathy! My kitties want the catnip socks. I’ve tried to explain to them that they don’t really have catnip in them but to no avail.

31. My dentist had me alternate Tylenol with Motrin so that I was able to take meds more frequently and they do work synergistically!

danielles last blog post..For Women and the Men Who Love Them!

32. I’m so looking forward to meeting you and taking your class this Sunday. The folks at Charlotte Yarn will make you forget your pain! I’m gonna try to get to the awesome party on Friday too.

To Cat: If you need a ride from the train station, you can PM me (knittingmonster) on Ravelry and I’ll make sure you get to CY. It’s not far from the train station, but too far to walk!

33. So glad you are feeling better. Your work is amazing, thank you

34. If you are still in pain, one option is to take Tylenol when the ibuprofen starts to wear off. That might hold you over until you can take the ibuprofen (a trick my rheumatologist taught me).

caths last blog post..What’s blooming, early June

35. Jill D. says:

It’s funny how Lucy leans waaay over the water dish until she’s drinking from the far side….my kitty Bella does that too! Only she sets one of her paws on the rim of the dish closest to her while she’s drinking. In fact sometimes she actually pushes too hard and tips the dish up. It’s funny even though she spills the water….because she likes it to be full to the brim.
    I’ve never seen a kitty do that….I thought maybe it was a habit she picked up at the shelter. She REALLY prefers to drink from the tap in the bathroom sink but I’m trying to break her of it, and haven’t let her do that for months even though she begs me to do it every morning. Then she gets tired of trying and goes to her bowl for a drink :)