1. Ashburn, designed by Melanie Berg, knit from Woolfolk Tynd in colorways 6, 7, and 8 on a 4 mm (U.S. size 6) needle.

It Does Not Take Much

It does not take much to suck me into a new knitting project.

See, yesterday Sheri blogged about her Girasole project. She’s coming down the home stretch on hers, and is going to make another one. So she decided a Girasole Knit-Along would be fun.

So in the blink of an eye I had bought the pattern and ordered my yarn from The Loopy Ewe. A bonus in buying the yarn from The Loopy Ewe? Sheri is offering a 20% discount (good until June 15) on yarn purchased to make a Girasole in The Loopy Ewe Girasole-Along. Check out Sheri’s blog entry for details.

I’m gonna make mine from fingering weight yarn. What yarn did I buy? I’ll show you when it gets here.

Speaking of fingering weight yarn, I finally finished my first catnip sock.

catnipsock060409 333x500 It Does Not Take Much

A close-up:

catnipcloseup060409 240x160 It Does Not Take Much

And I am currently working the underarm gussets on Finnian’s Gansey.

gansey060409 240x160 It Does Not Take Much

Tomorrow morning I head for Charlotte North Carolina for a weekend of knitting fun and frivolity. I return home Sunday night, so there will be no Sunday blog post. See you Monday, unless you are planning on coming to one of the Charlotte events, in which case I’ll see you there!

Lucy Sez

lucy060409 240x160 It Does Not Take Much

“It’s raining hard. I love being an indoor kitty!”

Comments

1. Love the Catnip sock!

Have a great time in Charlotte. :o)

yarnpiggys last blog post..This is getting ridiculous (another FO)

2. I’m allllllmost done with a shawl-sized Girasole myself — the pattern is lovely and super addicting! I think I’m going to make a blanket-sized version next!

Lauras last blog post..In L.A.? Come see my new play!

3. I’m really hoping to do the Girasole KAL, but I just got all of my yarn out of storage. I can’t even think about buying yarn for a new project until I know that I don’t have a good yarn for it stashed away!

Seanna Leas last blog post..mailing day

4. That is a FANTASTIC pattern! I love, love, love it!!!!

Have a wonderful trip!

Nathalies last blog post..Anybody Want a Book?

5. I really love the catnip sock! A weekend knitting retreat sounds like tons of fun – what a great way to get an early jump on summer :-)

6. catspaw says:

I’m doing the Girasole as well but in the Cascade Eco Wool it called for cause I really want it as a blanket. That means it’s way too heavy and warm to work on in the summer – besides I got this “sock book” that is calling to me. You know the one.
    Have a fabulous weekend.

7. Debra I says:

I’ve almost succumbed to the Girasole KAL, but just by sheer will power and cantankerousness, I’m holding out. I’ve got 3 shawls AT LEAST in the current projects bin and one from last Christmas that needs 1/2 of its edging knitted on. So ya see, I don’t REALLY NEED another project, especially one with a deadline. HOWEVER, my will power is waning and I may just give in. I’m thinking DIC Smooshy would make a very nice Girasole. As long as I can’t decide on a color, I’m safe. :) Then again, there’s all that stash yarn….

Love your RickRack socks and Catnip socks!

8. Oh, I love Girasole! It’s an absolutely gorgeous pattern, and I can’t wait to see the Wendy version on the needles. Have a fantastic trip to NC! : )

The Left-Handed Crafters last blog post..Historic FO: Endpaper Mitts

9. I’m not doing the Girasole. I’ll be knitting along with my Whispering Pine Shawl in Malabrigo Lace. I”m trying not to have too many projects going at one time.

Izzy and Debit are glad they’re indoor animals too as it’s raining hard here.

southparknitters last blog post..On the go

10. So glad you got sucked in to the KAL. :-) I know you’ll love knitting it, and the yarn you bought is going to make a beeeautiful version of it!

Sheri at The Loopy Ewes last blog post..A New Loopy KAL!

11. “Mmm, ‘nip!” sez my kitties. That’s all I need, another reason for my little wool-eaters to chew up wooly things.

Lucy has the right idea. It’s raining and thundering and lightning-ing around here. Nice time to be indoors.

Hissy Stitchs last blog post..Forecast calls for intermittent baby showers

12. i am still contemplating the kal… sheri emailed me and i think i just may have to do it, lol!

turtles last blog post..Seventeen years

13. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

Have fun in Charlotte, Wendy. I’m being in sucked in to the Girasole KAL too. It looks so beautiful. Heading over now to buy the pattern and then look for the yarn.

14. I fell for it too. How does Sheri do it, suck us in like that? I bought the pattern and yarn today.

Angelas last blog post..The Baby’s Going To High School

15. That is a REALLY beautiful pattern. I wish I could join in this KAL, especially with the amazing discount that Sheri is offering on yarn.

Deineras last blog post..Every day…

16. Dorothy says:

I read Sheri’s blog and promptly ordered the pattern too. :) I am off to visit my son and family so plan to order my yarn when I return on Monday!! I want to use a fingering weight also. This will be fun!! Have fun in NC

17. Carrie Mc says:

I am AMAZED at how fast you complete your projects. Do you have a You Tube video of your fleet-foot fingers at work? I would love to see a video of your technique. I am drooling over the possibility of knitting much, much faster.
    Carrie :0)

18. I’m just finishing mine. I did the blanket version with Cascade Pastaza. A lot of fun to knit and it looks beautiful so far.

19. Danielle from SW MO says:

I am seriously comtemplating the kal as we have a baby due in the family in Jan or Feb 2010 gowever we have absolutely no idea if its a boy or girl and I would rather put work into a shawl for it knowing what color to use :-)

20. Muriel Correa says:

Ok, as usual, I am utterly amazed by your knitting speed and skill! Love todays pic of Lucy!!!

21. Michele In Maine says:

That Sheri is such an enabler…

22. I loved knitting the Girasole – until the border. It goes on FOREVER!!! So, it’s in hibernation until I get up the gumption to finish the last 2/3 of the border. Be advised that the directions for the entire body are perfect, but the edging directions take some minor interpretation. I e-mailed Jared about them and he said he’s going to revise them at some point. It’s not difficult to figure out the edging from the written directions, it’s the chart that is not quite self-explanatory. Have fun!

23. Katherine says:

Have a lovely time in Charlotte! I’m so sad I’m going to miss you being there – I would love to take one of your classes. I live in Southwest VA, so I could feasibly make it, but I go to school in Minnesota and don’t fly home until Tuesday. Then I looked at your teaching schedule and saw you will be teaching in Minneapolis this summer, which is just 40 minutes from where I go to school. I’m so sad that there were two chances I might have been able to come to your class and both times the timing doesn’t work out!

The new sock is lovely! And good luck with the new project!

24. Theresa in Italy says:

Nice sock! And I suspect Sheri’s going to suck me into the KAL too, in the end. Have a terrific weekend!

25. Sandy in South Dakota says:

I went right over and bought the patterns and now have to see if I have enough in my stash of a particular colorway to make it. If not, over to Sheri’s I will go. Can’t wait. Have fun in Charlotte………….Sandy

26. It didn’t take much for me, either. I read Sheri’s blog post and went shopping. I’m doing it in Perchance to Knit laceweight. There’s no such thing as too many knitting projects in progress :-)

27. Oh bliss and joy! something wonderful to think about while I’m working very long days running examinations. (I am an Examinations Manager and this is the busiest time of year for us.
    I have downloaded the Girasol pattern, found the instructions for the special cast on and hunted our some lovely pale blue Rowan yarn from my stash. The exams finish at the end of June and then I will be knitting along with you.
    It didn’t take much to put the sunshine back into my life, so many thanks.

28. traceymae says:

I also succombed to the excitement of the Girasole KAL(shawl size for me ) ….. but am having the hardest time picking a color ….I know I want fingering weight .,,and I know I want a solid …might just try the cascade sock yarn ?? but love the Araucania wth silk,wool, and bamboo !!
    cant wait to see what miss wendy picked !!!!!

29. Did you have to post this? Now I have one more project pecking at my brain. :-)

DJs last blog post..Narrow Shoulders, Big Bust, Hard to Fit!

30. Grisole is beautiful, and I know that yours will be a beautiful work of art. Hmm, speaking of works of art … maybe sometime you and I could trade one of my paintings for something knitted by you.

Anyway, hope your trip to Charlotte was great and that you had a safe trip home. Someday I will actually finish the little some’n some’n I’ve been working on for you and get it off in the mail. With the grand baby and my daughter here on the farm with us, the eight cats, the two dogs, my business, my family coming to visit, and so on and so forth, my hands have been quite full and occupied lately.

Hope you and Lucy girl are doing well.

Best,
    firefly

fireflys last blog post..Some kind of ‘ectomy or other

31. I am sooo looking forward to the Catnip pattern…..currently doing your Diagonal Lace and I lurve it to pieces. They might be the fastest socks I have ever knitted!

Natashas last blog post..A simple life…..

32. Lori in MIchigan says:

Hi Wendy…**love* that catnip sock! It especially grabs my heart ‘cuz we just brought home a sweet rescue kitty boy… Will you be publishing a pattern on this?

Trackbacks

1. [...] weekend, Wendy D. Johnson came to Charlotte and taught an awesome workshop on toe and heel techniques at one of the local yarn shops, Charlotte [...]