1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Cruising Along

girasole061509 240x160 Cruising Along

I now have 640 stitches on my Girasole.

girasole061509a 240x160 Cruising Along

This is the final stitch count – no more increasing. I’m not timing myself to see how long it takes me to complete a round. Therein be the path to madness!

girasole061509b 240x160 Cruising Along

But seriously, I am not overly bothered by the long rounds. It’s kind of nice to have some mostly mindless knitting to work on, for at this point the lace pattern is dead simple and the plain knit rounds in-between are perfect for television knitting.

And at the moment, I have no socks on the needles! I am stuffing Girasole into a tote bag and taking it along for commuter knitting.

And the poor little gansey has not been touched since before I started work on Girasole.

Public Service Announcement

If you are a cat-lover and have not seen The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee, I command you to go there right now! Seriously.

Please note that the human component of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee is participating in the Tacoma/Pierce County Humane Society’s  Dog-a-Thon Walk for Homeless Pets. You can help the IBKC reach their goal of raising $5,000 by donating here.

Also note that Itty Bitty cards are available for sale here at Etsy.

I have no affiliation with The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee, but I visit the blog daily and the beautiful photos of heartbreakingly adorable kittens lifts my spirits every single time.

And I’m convinced that Charlene Butterbean is a Ragdoll. icon smile Cruising Along

Lucy Sez:

lucy061509 240x160 Cruising Along

“Ragdolls RULE!”

Comments

1. You don’t even need a tote bag for Girasole at this point. Just stuff the yarn inside it and use IT as a tote! :-D

patti/wombat of dooms last blog post..What I’ve Been Up To Lately

2. oooh Girasole is looking so pretty! No socks OTN, it does happen around there? ;)

Zondas last blog post..WWKIP Day 2009

3. I just want to say thanks for the tip about the IBKC. That visit has just made my day. How cute???

4. I haven’t even finished the first one and I want to knit a second one!

Karens last blog post..

5. Charlene B is a saint of a cat, putting up with and even loving all those pesky, rambunctious kittens. But they are, indeed, oh so cute.

kmkats last blog post..Summer Sunday.

6. I love it, too scared to try it but love watching you make yours

Aunt Kathys last blog post..Sunday- Something’s Wrong With This Picture

7. HeatherB says:

Heartbreakingly adorable is right! I never get tired of cute kitty pics. :-)

8. NewJerseyLaura says:

Beatiful Girasole :). I love that tv knitting. A few movies, and voila – a shawl!

9. Went to the site you recommended, and fell in love. I agree, that special cat must be a Ragdoll. Lucy’s right, they do rule.

10. FPS! You had to link to Cute Kitty Pictures? I always think I need a third cat when I see kitty pictures. (Fortunately, hubby says two is it. Right.)

Sheri at The Loopy Ewes last blog post..Three Things on Monday

11. Charlene Butterbean is a true Birman — the white socks mark her.

12. Maureen says:

The only thing that prevents me adopting that first kitty, well, any of them, is that they’re allll the way across the country. So cute.

13. You rock! I’m really impressed with how fast you knit!!

Andreas last blog post..null

14. Thanks for taking the time to publish such good Girasole pictures. I’ve been wanting to knit something lace and was intrigued by your announcement of the Girasole KAL. After seeing your pictures yesterday, I ordered yarn from The Loopy Ewe and joined the KAL. This is my first lace project, first knitting in the round, and my first KAL. So much beautiful yarn! Thanks again for your hard work!

15. Loved Itty Bitty Kitty Committee. Cute kitties. Love the Girasole too. My yarn came today so hope to cast on this weekend if I can wait that long.

southparknitters last blog post..On the go

16. Wendy in Cambridge says:

Thanks so much for the link to the kitties. They are adorable!

Lucy is adorable as well.

17. patricia says:

Those kittens are so cute! I will have to check them out more often. My spirits need lifting of late! Thanks for the link.

18. I agree that Charlene looks like she is a close cousin to Lucy – but if white socks make a Birman then I guess Charlene is a Birman.
    I have a new blog now, for the cats awaiting homes at the Catonsville Petsmart – I try to post 4 days a week, there are so many lovely cats there, and we volunteer every Saturday afternoon just petting them and letting them run around and of course taking their pictures… it’s at http://catonsvillecats.wordpress.com/, if anyone is near Catonsville and wants a cat, stop by…

CarolineFs last blog post..Isobel

19. Your Girasole is beautiful! I enjoy this pattern vicariously through you and Sheri. I have too many other projects wanting my attention right now to knit this.

And thank you so much for the link to The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee!! I’m a new fan.

20. Looking good!

21. Isn’t funny how Girasole looks like a giant slouchy beret? I just ordered the yarn yesterday–couldn’t make up my mind. I went with Araucania Itata in the pear green colorway. Hopefully it will get here this week!

22. Girasole looks gorgeous! You are going to be done that in record time!

Seanna Leas last blog post..my friends are the best

23. anne marie in philly says:

I am currently knitting the EZ “pie are square” shawl in BBF laceweight. I have between 700-800 sts on a 60″ size 4 circular. and, like you, “I am not overly bothered by the long rounds. It’s kind of nice to have some mostly mindless knitting to work on.”

not thinking and zoning out in my happy place works for me right now!

scritches to pretty lucy!

24. Thanks so much for this post! We’ve had lots of new faces visiting our blog! Thanks for sending them our way!
    xo xo laurie, kitties, and charlene butterbean

Laurie and the Itty Bitty Kittiess last blog post..You Make Me Feel All Warm and Fuzzy

25. Michele In Maine says:

Maybe Lucy needs a little brother or sister???

26. Beth P. says:

I have a serious kitten addiction, now I’ll always have a place to go for a “fix”!! And I won’t tempted to get a fourth kitty since they are on the other side of the country!

Thanks Wendy,