1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

A Post in Mostly Pictures

I made better progress than I expected on Girasole. I’ve got between two-thirds and three-quarters of the edging done. Here is what remains:

girasoleedge062109 240x160 A Post in Mostly Pictures

Someone here approves of Girasole.

girasole062109 240x160 A Post in Mostly Pictures

She has made herself right at home.

girasole062109a 240x160 A Post in Mostly Pictures

Doesn’t she look comfy?

girasole062109b 240x160 A Post in Mostly Pictures

I don’t know how I will break it to her . . .

girasole062109c 240x160 A Post in Mostly Pictures

That I’m not making Girasole for her!

girasole062109d 240x160 A Post in Mostly Pictures

Hmmmmmm . . .

Comments

1. I think this one is hers!

It’s taken you what – one week?

Leslies last blog post..Memorial Day Sunday

2. But…but….clearly you knit to provide her a soft!

3. WHAT? You weren’t knitting this for Lucy? She’ll be heartbroken – until she cuddles up in one of her own beds you’ve made.

Do we get pictures of you picking the fur out of the finished Girasole? Lucy’s will show up great on the green…

4. Shirley. in PA says:

Lucy and Girasole – purrfect together. :)

5. Way too adorable. Poor Lucy you are just going to break her heart when you tell.

Hugs!!!

Cats last blog post..Catching Up

6. I think you might have a bit of a fight on your hands to get it back! Luckily, as Leslie said, it didn’t take you long to knit this one; a second one — for you — should go even quicker, no? ;-)

yarnpiggys last blog post..Breaking up is hard to do

7. Poor Lucy, life must be so confusing for her =)

I cannot wait to see your end result! How big do you think it’s going to block out?

Megan S.s last blog post..Rawr!

8. That Girasole looks way too yummy! If that yarn were any richer looking MY cats would be thumbing rides to compete with Lucy for space on it…. Cats?! *I* would be!

9. Your Girasole (and everyone else’s-who hasn’t made this yet?) inspired me to cast on one of my own. I can’t wait to see yours when it’s done!

Allisons last blog post..Lace Love

10. Ruth Ann says:

I think you just lost the shawl. It has been claimed.

11. All knitted items belong to the cat. I’m sure Lucy has pointed this out on many occasions :-) She does look for elegant stretched out on the lace!

12. While it’s in progress it can be hers, right?

Mountain Mamas last blog post..A Dear John Letter

13. Your Girasole is beautiful … can’t wait to see it blocked. Can’t you do a smaller kitty version…just a thought. I still say you have a motor on your knitting needles!! I cannot believe how quickly you finish projects.

Kim B.s last blog post..Knitting in Public

14. I don’t blame her for snuggling down – I’d be tempted myself :)

15. Michele In Maine says:

You mean it’s not a version of the kitty pi?

16. Yvonne Evans says:

LOL too cute . I say make one for her. Miss Lucy deserves something too.

17. patricia says:

Looks like you’ll have to make another one! It’s beautiful- and I’m inspired to make one too.

18. It looks so squooshy! I had no idea it was so big. I think Lucy is infusing it with Lucy lovins’ and goodness ;-)

I like to say “A little bit of Portia goes with me wherever I go…” Have cat, hair of cat will travel.

martas last blog post..Back to reality

19. Oh my goodness Wendy, your Girasole is beautiful and you mean to tell us you won’t be sharing it with Lucy. I find that so hard to believe.

20. Muriel Correa says:

I love that Lucy takes over and claims the things she wants! LOL Kind of like her mommy?

21. I hope Lucy’s contributions to your Girasole are appreciated! I personally take a bit of Emily with me in everything I’ve knit, so I do understand. Why else do you knit, except to provide something cozy for the cat to lie on?

22. lol lucy has alternative thoughts.

turtles last blog post..My Happy Place

23. But she looks so pretty on green. It is beautiful!

southparknitters last blog post..On the go

24. oh come on, can’t you see she loves it. give it to her, or you’ll have to make her one. btw: What is a girasole? i saw you making it and thought it was a hat, then I looked or a pattern on your web site and didn’t see it. how do you wear this?

25. I don’t know, it fits, grin, the colors are lovely on her, I think it is her’s, grin.

26. Sharon G says:

Aww. But Lucy needs a nice lacy kitty bed for summer.

27. Maureen says:

It’s beautiful, and the colorway of the yarn is wonderful in this project. You’re going to start a knit-trend with this one.

28. Hey Wendy – so how *do* you keep the hair out of your knitting? Or do you care? Or maybe Lucy doesn’t shed much? I’ve been thinking of that today as I work on my Girasole (burgundy Cherry Tree Hill) and one of my cats sits on my lap (it’s darn chilly for the first full day of summer!). The cat hair is not really an issue with small stuff like socks, but I have a terrible time with it on larger items (wouldn’t give up the cats though).

Cats know quality knitting, don’t they? :-)

29. Elizabeth A. Buckley says:

It’s beautiful!!!

Maybe play Mason-Dixon’s “Pardon me…” song .. It’s posted on their blog, Mason-Dixon Knitting.

Elizabeth who is blogless .. too busy reading everyone else’s.

30. Wow! That’s gorgeous. I would add Girasole to my queue, but it would be a very long time before I got to it! I can live vicariously through yours.

Lizs last blog post..Finished one and Restarted Another

31. Obviously you’ll need to make another one with a Lucy-approved yarn just for her!

Seanna Leas last blog post..pretty in pink!

32. Oh dear, I would be having palpitations over kitty claws and lace! Or maybe Lucy doesn’t have kitty claws??

Evelyns last blog post..Finally finished the April in Chicago socks…

33. I’m thinking maybe you need to get Lucy some Wildside Salmon to distract her and then you can take back the shawl. :-)

34. Oh, you think you’re not making it for her. She clearly disagrees.

35. Debra I says:

Wow, such a nice color for Miss Lucy! I’m really curious to find out how it will be after blocking. :D

36. I think you’ve been out-voted on that one, Wendy!
    (((hugs)))

Knitnanas last blog post..Joce Is a "Bad" Influence! *wink*

37. SOOO pretty!!! I love it!!

Natalies last blog post..Episode 26: Fibery Goodness