1. Segel, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the "Draco" gradient set on a 3.5 mm (U.S. size 4) needle.

Good Golly Good Gosh! It’s Madeline Tosh!

Madeline Tosh sock yarn is one of those yarns I had never had the pleasure of seeing in person. But the photos I had seen online made me wanna see it in person.

Then last Friday night in Richmond, L-B casually waved a skein of Madeline Tosh sock yarn she had acquired under my nose . . . in the Malachite colorway. I might have drooled. I’m fairly certain I whimpered.

But happy day! The Yarn Lounge had some mmmmmmmTosh sock yarn and ever greedy, I snagged three skeins of it, in Malachite, Iceberg, and Nutmeg.

Tosh070109 240x160 Good Golly Good Gosh! Its Madeline Tosh!

Hey, Cut Me Some Slack — This Yarn’s Made From Yak!

Yak070109 240x160 Good Golly Good Gosh! Its Madeline Tosh!

Another purchase from The Yarn Lounge: a skein of Tibetan Dream sock yarn from Bijou Basin Ranch. This yarn is 85% pure Yak combined with 15% nylon. The skein is 4 ounces, with 440 yards. I’m working on dreaming up the perfect pattern for a pair of socks using this yummy yarn!

YakCloseup070109 240x160 Good Golly Good Gosh! Its Madeline Tosh!

Lucy Sez:

Lucy070109 240x178 Good Golly Good Gosh! Its Madeline Tosh!

“This rhyming thing is getting annoying.”

Comments

1. I got some of the yak sock yarn at MSWF along with a skein of the dark brown yak. Planning on a shawl (surprise!) It is yummy isn’t it?

2. Melissa B. says:

I LOVE MadelineTosh! You won’t be disappointed when you knit with it! :)

3. I do love the Madeline Tosh I picked up over the weekend!
    .-= Aimee´s last blog ..Twisted Ribbons =-.

4. Very Nice!

5. I got to fondle a huge display of MmmmTosh in April. Its dreamy, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy any (I know, blasphemy)

6. I may fall down dead! Something I have in my stash that you didn’t? That day is unlikely to ever come again. Girlfriend, if there is ever anything you would like to have from this part of the world, just name it! As much as you have shared through your your website, it is unthinkable that you should have to wait to discover the deliciousness that is Madeline Tosh!

7. They can be yakkety yak socks. Is yak yarn soft?
    .-= southparknitter´s last blog ..On the go =-.

8. You are so funny, in a good way. I love how all of us are such yarn junkies. Really so addictive. I always feel better about my own stash when I read or hear about someone else’s. Right now I am on a Numma Numma mission. Madeline Tosh is a very nice yarn. Hope you enjoy it.

9. Oh I love the nutmeg…awesome color…I cant wait to see the patterns you come up with…

10. That is very yummy looking yarn! The Malachite is especially gorgeous and really does look like its namesake.

11. Oh,yes, MadelineTosh is quite wonderful. She’s local; I’ve been to a couple of trunk shows at my lys. Her yarn is wonderful and knits up like a dream! Not affiliated, just a happy customer, yada yada yada…

12. Wendy, stop fondling that yak.
    .-= Alice in Richmond´s last blog ..6.28.09 Summer Fun =-.

13. I’ve heard so much about MadelineTosh, but haven’t tried it yet…I think I must. :-) And the yak looks lovely, too. I’ll look forward to seeing what you create with it.
    .-= yarnpiggy´s last blog ..They like us, they really, really like us! =-.

14. catspaw says:

I got Tosh too but not same as you – ginger and toast (and I’m rhyming this post).

15. I bought a skein of Malachite about a year ago and am thrilled with the gloriousness of the deep green. I actually bought that skein to commemorate our trip to Russia to adopt our son. He was born in a mining town in the Ural mountains, about 1000 miles east of Moscow. There’s a museum there with a phenomenal display of malachite stonework, from small bowls etc. up to a huge intricately carved all-malachite fireplace. And Madelinetosh’s Malachite yarn is perfectly named. Enjoy!

16. Mmmm. It is very nice. I got the color violin for my daughter but I’m tempted not to share.

17. Lynne E. says:

Tell Lucy to mind her own business! Beautiful yarn photos–Madeline Tosh is definitely a yarn that belongs in my stash.

18. I’m knitting a pair of socks (Cookie A’s “Marlene” pattern) in Madelinetosh and love the tight twist and semi-solid color variation. I’m sure you’ll enjoy knitting with it very much also. Can’t wait to see what you use it for.
    .-= JoAnn´s last blog ..Monkey Off My Back =-.

19. ChristyH says:

The Nutmeg color looks lovely and I can’t wait to see what you knit up with it.

20. Wow , that malachite really does look like malachite!
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..Wonderful weekend =-.

21. NewJerseyLaura says:

Gorgeous! Is the yak soft? What yarn is the Madelinetosh most like?

22. Goodness me, what a shock!
    You´re using YAK yarn to knit a sock.
    .-= Johanne´s last blog ..Happy Holidays! =-.

23. At least Yak in a yarn is uses less room than Yak in the apartment.

Poor Lucy, what rhymes with “Mrreow”?
    .-= Elysbeth´s last blog ..Wednesday =-.

24. My LYS does not carry Tosh, so I will have to try TLE. I have used yak, to make socks for my husband. It is very very soft and equally as warm. He loves them. Mine was heavy sport weight and was perfect for the winter boot socks he was asking for. It seems to wear well as his are several years old and doing well.

Loving the posts about Colorado and especially the flower photos. Keep up the good work. Oh yeah, rest some too. N

25. I, too, just got my hands on some MadTosh — using mine for a Ishbel, which is gorgeous so far!
    .-= Caffeine Girl´s last blog ..It Was Fate =-.

26. I have been drooling over the Madeline Tosh for a while now. The colors are so wonderfully saturated!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..making of a craft room =-.

27. MadelineTosh is my favorite sock yarn. I have too many skeins. It’s great for scarves, too. Chamomile was my favorite, a bright sunny yellow. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

28. Lovely stuff! I love the colors!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..Annnnnd He’s OFF!!! =-.

29. Gretcheng says:

The yarns do look wonderful–thank goodness you’ve found something new to keep the inspiration flowing! Especially after the disappointment of the bleeding blue yarn… Keep on stashing– Gretcheng

30. madonnaearth says:

That pretty blue iceberg is calling my name
    (I had to get in on this rhyming gig game),
    But I gotta ignore it; I’ve no place to store it!

The closet is packed, the wall’s triple stacked,
    And under the bed is more yarn so I dread
    That when I go to sleep the yarn that I keep
    Will rise up and beat hasty exits!

Or not. Don’t rhyme, last line, I don’t care. The rest was okay though!

31. I knit a pair of socks with the Madalintosh Glazed Sock yarn in the Robin’s Nest color.
    It was very soft and lovely to work with while knitting and has gotten softer with washing.
    Oops, I broke the rhyming trend.
    .-= Ann in CT´s last blog ..Fit Accomplished =-.

32. Drooling on sock yarn is OK ’cause it’s superwash… right?
    .-= GeekKnitter´s last blog ..Sensory Overload =-.

33. What was even more fun after I purchased my first hank of MT, was going to a knitting event at a Dallas Stars (hockey) game and finding out the dyer herself was sitting right in front of me! Love her yarn.

34. I love the rhyming!!!!

That yarn looks so soft and cushy!