1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Circle of Friends

You know how it is when you meet someone and “click” with that person immediately?

Last May I traveled out to Guthrie, Oklahoma for the S.W.A.K. Knit Out. My friend Tempted Stacy was attending and offered to pick me up at the airport, as she drove down to the event. Stacy’s sister, Muriel, lives in Guthrie, so she came along to the airport as well.

Muriel is one of those people. As soon as I met her, I loved her. She’s intelligent, beautiful, kind, and has the same smart-ass sense of humor as me. The fact that we hit it off immediately doesn’t really surprise me, since she’s Stacy’s sister and Stacy is one of the greatest people I know.

So as well as having a great time at the Knit Out, I gained a wonderful new friend. While in Guthrie I taught Muriel how to knit, and she took to it like she was born to knit. Considering her gene pool, this really isn’t shocking.

Anyway, this week Muriel has been visiting Stacy and did some dyeing with her. And yesterday I got this in the mail:

Tempted070909 240x160 Circle of Friends

A colorway that Muriel created for me, with (Stacy tells me) pretty much zero help from her.

I love the name she gave this colorway.

label070909 240x160 Circle of Friends

Thank you so much, Muriel. I feel so fortunate that I had the opportunity to meet you and am so happy and proud that you and Stacy are in my Circle of Friends.

You can be darn sure that there will be a Circle of Friends sock design in the very near future!

Hey, Look!

Guess what’s available for pre-order over at Amazon.com?

Dye Dreams Sock Club Design

My stealth project right now is something I’ve been told I can share. icon smile Circle of Friends

A while back the lovely ladies of Dye Dreams contacted me to see if I would be willing to design a sock for their Four Seasons Sock Club — the Autumn sock, to be exact. Autumn is my favorite season so I was happy to do it. Stephanie and Mona have been lovely to work with. I was  given carte blanche on the design and they even let me pick the colorway I wanted to work with from among a number of samples they sent to me.

They told me I could blog about the process of creating the design, so here I am. I have a photo of the design in progress that I’ve hidden behind a link, so those of you who are already club members and want to be surprised won’t see it.

You have been warned. Click at your own peril.

Click here to see the design in progress.

I’m loving knitting with Dye Dreams yarn! Just sayin’.

See Ya!

Tomorrow I’m off to Newark, Delaware for fun and classes at Stitches With Style. See y’all Sunday!

Lucy Sez

Lucy070909 240x190 Circle of Friends

“What? Momma’s going away again?”

Comments

1. Isabelle says:

Oooh! Another Wendy Knits sock book. Life is indeed worth living!

Scritches to Lucy.

2. Now that’s a NICE sock pattern :)

And yes, Lucy, Momma’s going away again. You’ll have to get used to it – she’s turning into a famous knitting designer who gets invited to all sorts of places. I just hope she brings you back a treat from everywhere she goes — and if she doesn’t, she should!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Life is Good =-.

3. YUM on the color and the design Wendy.
    .-= Tiny Tyrant´s last blog ..Camping and Jet Skiing =-.

4. Your “design in progress” does look lovely…

Safe journey to Newark, Delaware…
    .-= Abimbola´s last blog ..Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince =-.

5. Marian Moldan says:

Autumn is my favorite season! Love the sock pattern! Love the color!

6. Congrats for the new book!

7. That color way rocks I LOVE it – and the story makes it better :-) I need to be meeting me some spectacular yarn dyers…..

8. Congrats on another sock book. Looking forward to that one.
    Wonder if the Circle of Friends colorway will ever be available to people outside the Circle of Friends?….
    Loving the look of the autumn design!

Oh Lucy, your crossed-eye(s) always make me laugh :)
    .-= JoAnn´s last blog ..Socks & A Salad =-.

9. Hoorah! A-whole-nother Wendy book of socky goodness! Can’t wait for that!

The yarn that Muriel dyed for you is just lovely. Look forward to seeing it knitted up.

Laura x
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..‘Monochrome+Pink’ =-.

10. Beatiful sock…as is usual for your designs, Wendy! Have a great weekend!
    .-= Liz R´s last blog ..FINALLY =-.

11. catspaw says:

That’s one pretty sock in one pretty yarn. Reminds me of the bittersweet that grows like made around here.

12. Congratulations on your new book and what a beautiful sock. Have fun in Newark, as I’m sure you will. ;)
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Finally a finished pair of socks…… =-.

13. patricia says:

Another book! I would not have guessed that as the stealth project! Looking forward to that.

The autumn sock and yarn are lovely- esp. the yarn- gorgeous color!

Lucy, if momma’s gone again, then daddy will have to spoil you this weekend.

14. Wow Wendy- another book already? Congratulations!
    .-= Jessi´s last blog ..Sigh… =-.

15. anne marie in philly says:

steven and meredith say: “meow, cousin lucy, think of all the quality time you get to spend with daddy!”

ANOTHER book…dang it, girl, you are just crankin’ them out! congrats! I guess that means more book tours and more father/daughter quality time… ;-)

16. You know I’m going to have to have that book, I have never done a toe up sock.
    Congrats, that is great. Love the sock and yarn. drool….
    Vicki
    .-= vicki´s last blog ..Over dyeing fugly yarn =-.

17. YAY!! The new book for pre-order!!!
    .-= Aimee´s last blog ..What I have been up to! =-.

18. I am so happy that you have another book in the works, I just love your last one. Congratulations to you. Thank you for all of your hard work. Hugs to Lucy

19. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

Congratulations Wendy on the next book! I got excited when I saw you are traveling to Newark….thinking you were coming to Newark OH. Maybe sometime. :)

20. Another book?! Are you aiming for a book per year now? :)

21. I luv your current book and am looking forward to the new one. You are going to be teaching so close to me, but I found out about at the last minute and have prior obligations. Hopefully, I can make it to your stop at the Loop in Philly in late July ’09. I hope you remember me when you posed at the MDS&WF and signed my at your booksigning for Wendy Knits!!

22. I have already knit two of the patterns from your first sock book. Can’t wait to see the next! Will Circle of Friends be available for regular people? I would love to make a pair for my daughter, mom, and best friend. Oh yeah, me too! It is so beautiful!

23. Maureen says:

I just got your first book and started my first sock from it last night, and there’s another?? I’d best work faster. Congratulations on the new baby.

24. Ohhh!! I see little piggy feet on the cover! How sweet!!

And how neat is your yarn! Having friends like that is simply a wonderful thing.
    .-= Megan S.´s last blog ..Color Me Happy… Or At Least Blue! =-.

25. march 2010 seems so far away! But your books are worth waiting for. How about something on manly socks for the third volume of the toe up socks trilogy? I LOVE the first toe up book, hope it’s a best seller.

26. Love the sock, love the color. AND! A new book! Yeah. Too bad we’ll have to wait so long for its release. Sally

27. Dye Dreams yarn is heavenly, isn’t it? I love the sock design, too.
    .-= Mujercita´s last blog ..Moving and Working =-.

28. Congrats on the new book!
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Sock Museum Socks =-.

29. Congrats on the new book! I noticed the new image in the little amazon sidebar widget right away and clicked–so tempting! Have fun on your trip :)
    .-= Tabby´s last blog ..Catching Up =-.

30. Congratulations on the new book! It’s on my wishlist. BTW my husband gave me your toe up book for our wedding anniversary. :-) How sweet to have yarn dyed with you in mind like that! Have a great trip!

31. Wow. That is one lucky mannequin foot!
    .-= Desiree´s last blog ..Desperately Seeking Stupid =-.

32. Those colors are beautiful! And another book? Congrats! Is this your first mention of it? What a wonderful surprise.

33. deknits says:

Yay – I’m so glad I joined the Dye Dreams Four Seasons club! :) And I am sooo loving that Circle of Friends colorway – I hope they’ll dye up some more and sell it once you have a sock design with it.

34. there is nothing better then a circle of friends.I’m coming to find this out as I go for up coming surgery and a death in the family. Rally those troups and keep them close. i wish I had a knitting buddy:) you are so blessed in your God given gift. Love the new book cover also. It looks like it’s another winner just by seeing the little feet. Love that.;) and that new sock, reminds me of the inside out one I saw on knitty but i know your’s will be easier.. lol

35. Damn, you’re good! I can’t believe you’ve written another book so quickly. Love the colorway, too. What a wonderful gift and wonderful friend. Muriel has the eye.

36. Yay, another book for my to-be-purchased-’cause-I’ve-gotta-have-it list!
    .-= toni in florida´s last blog ..Sleeve two: 8 more rows! =-.

37. Whoa – what a jammed packed post! Love the stealth socks & the pre-order info…..and Circle of Friends is soooo pretty. Isn’t it wonderful to have such special friends? Have fun in Delaware!
    .-= Cindy K´s last blog ..WIP Mania – two down for the count =-.

38. Wow – - so fast on the book!! It looks absolutely fabulous and definately will be added to my knitting book library. It will be something to look forward to during those dark, cold days of March.

Poor Miss Lucy!! Her expression is one of shock and surprise – -

Great sock design!

Have a fun, good and safe trip.

39. Poor Lucy. Your mommy will be back soon!

I love the look of your new book. I have a new skein of sock yarn that I started winding up this morning and your book. I’m hoping to start a new sock at the guild meeting using your toe up instructions.
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..government forms aren’t much fun =-.

40. That yarn is gorgeous, Wendy! What a great name for it.

And of course, you know that your new book is going right on my wishlist!
    (((hugs)))
    .-= Knitnana´s last blog ..Almost The Weekend =-.

41. Congrats on the upcoming book, Wendy! That is truly terrific news. One of these days I’m going to knit another toe-up sock. I could do that!

42. The name of the color is beautiful. And a new book! How exciting!
    .-= Jennifer´s last blog ..Mass Sheep & Wool! =-.

43. Many congratulations on the new book — you have been stealthy!
    .-= Susan Brockett´s last blog ..There has been knitting =-.

44. I am LOVIN’ that colorway that she dyed for you – Circle of Friends!
    .-= danielle´s last blog ..Soapbox =-.

45. Oh, that’s a cool design on the club sock.
    And congrats on the new book. You are making your own little library!
    .-= Ann in CT´s last blog ..Finished Object Picture: TTS =-.

46. Crystal S says:

What a beautiful colourway! Also, I must say, that pattern you have coming along looks lovely, will we be seeing a pattern for it outside the sock club?

47. annalilly says:

I love how the Autumn socks are looking! Looks like a fun pattern. Can’t wait to see what you develop with the “Circle of Friends” sock yarn from Muriel. Happy knitting and have a great weekend!

48. Hi Wendy!
    It was such a pleasure talking with you Friday night at the Stitches with Style Potluck dinner. I think you are an incredible designer and the artist that you say you are. The circular no name shawl is beautiful and I am hoping you are taking notes. (Hinting that it would be a wonderful pattern to have and to make). I hope your classes go well for you on Saturday. I am sorry that I have to miss them.
    I am glad you understood my “quirky” “weird” sense of humor. I think you also have a great sense of humor and that we would always find something to talk about.
    Don’t forget about those Korean Alpacas. I am looking forward to seeing them on Sunday.
    If you ever need anyone to test wear a pair of your socks, you can count on me!
    I have pre-ordered your newest book on Amazon. I am hoping that by March, I have made myself several pairs of socks for me to keep so I can stop bugging others.(but I doubt that I would ever be able to do that).
    I just wanted to stop in and say that I really enjoyed meeting you and am looking forward to another time that we can talk. Give Lucy a scratch behind the ears for me. Feel free to look at my blog, I have pictures of my cats there.

Cathy Smith (from Delaware) – you know, the weird one
    .-= Cathy Smith´s last blog ..It must have been a cold night =-.

49. YAY!! Another book??

Thanks for giving me another thing to look forward to.

All the best,
    Erin

50. What a great story about your new friend! And the new Tempted she designed for you is awesome. Can’t wait to see what you come up with.

And congratulations again Awesome Wendy Leader!! ;)

OH – and the circle shawl is coming along quite nicely!

51. Alexandra says:

Oh my god Wendy, I cant wait for your new sock book to come. I am just done making Sherri’s posie socks and will start the serpentine socks soon. !

52. I, too, love fall, and I love the new pattern and yarn! And a new book already? I’m still working on my diagonal rib socks (on the second one), and I can’t wait to finish so I can make more of the patterns from book #1.
    .-= Michele In Maine´s last blog ..Custom listing for Sarahlin =-.

53. I LOVE that sock design! l Love, love, love it!
    .-= Susan Mohr Krupke´s last blog ..Family Foto Shoot =-.