1. Strandwanderer, designed by Lea Viktoria, knit from Wollmeise Merino "Pure" in the "Zenzi" colorway on a 3.25 mm (U.S. size 3) needle.

Back To What Passes For Normal

Today was Back to Work Day.  I always have a little trouble settling into my “normal” routine after a knitting trip.  But I survived my day and even managed to clear out my email inbox, so I declare today to have been a successful Monday.

I wasn’t terribly productive yesterday — a bit of laundry, a blog post, and a lot of naps interspersed with a bit of knitting. That’s the day that was. I did, however, write up the pattern for The Exonumist’s Shawl, so that will be available soon — I’ll let you know when.

And I’m knitting along on Order to Chaos. Each round is now over 500 stitches, so it does take a while. But I’m enjoying the process.

I finished up one skein and joined in the second skein yesterday. I’m using Dream in Color Smooshy, which has 450 yards per skein. I bought 5 skeins, but I think this baby will take 4, probably. After the last increase it will be 720 stitches around, and then there’s a knitted on edging. This shawl will be a bit bigger in diameter than The Exonumist’s Shawl, which ends up 576 stitches around before the edging.

WIP072709 240x160 Back To What Passes For Normal

Oh look– a picture of a big blob o’ green. icon smile Back To What Passes For Normal

Just for Fun

Have y’all seen this?

That must have taken quite a pile of yarn to knit!

Gotta Love Those Baby Blues

Before I left for Philadelphia on Friday, I was sitting on the couch in my living room with Lucy. For the past few weeks there have been workers on a scaffold on the front of the building, putting sealant on the facade. Well, Friday morning they power-washed the front of the building. Here’s the look on Lucy’s face when the water hit my large living room window.

Lucy072709 240x207 Back To What Passes For Normal

Comments

1. Frances says:

Aww, she looks like she was afraid they were going to give her a bath!

2. Lucy looks like my Aunt Henrietta when she first saw the Chippendales!
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Tux Redux =-.

3. That Ferrari is amazing! I can’t imagine knitting something like that! Lucy’s face is priceless by the way!
    .-= Lissette´s last blog ..Crafty Weekend =-.

4. ROFL, the look on Lucy’s face is priceless!
    .-= Tammy/DarthKnitter´s last blog ..Huh? =-.

5. Oh wow, the photo of Lucy’s reaction made me laugh out loud! Love the blob of green, too.

6. Shirley. in PA says:

What a pair of eyes Lucy has. She is just priceless!

7. Oh, to read Lucy’s mind at that moment! LOL!

8. ……..thanks for sharing that picture of Lucy it actually made me laugh out loud when I saw it. I have a lil girly Mainecoon Zoe who gets that same exact look when she is freaked out by something. That made my Monday!

9. Kristi ~ Ohio says:

I’m looking forward to purchasing your Exonumist pattern. Lucy is adorable. :)

10. Isabelle says:

Poor Lucy! Is it cruel of me to have laughed when I saw the picture?

11. Well I’m not sure what she was thinking, but she sure does have gorgeous eyes!
    .-= Sheri at The Loopy Ewe´s last blog ..Monday Mumblings =-.

12. Maureen says:

I was in the kitchen one day and heard a loud thud of something hitting the glass sliding door in the living room. I dashed in and saw a very large red-tailed hawk staggering about on the patio. Luckily, it was just stunned, and it flew away a moment later. My husband said, “Do you think Quattro (the cat) saw that?” I turned and looked at his preferred sleeping spot on the arm of the sofa, where he sat frozen, hair standing on end, with the same expression on his face as Lucy’s, and said, “Oh, yeah.”

13. Now that’s what I’d call a zero-emission vehicle!

14. That’s one surprised kitty face! ;o)

15. Poor Lucy.. my cats had a spaz when the houses across the yard we’re getting new roofs.They didn’t like all those men up there. I had to hang blankets on the windows, because the cats could still see through the curtains.
    .-= Valerie´s last blog ..Sidetracked…. =-.

16. Dorothy says:

I had to laugh at that expression on Lucy’s face!! How cute. You probably said why but missed it. Why did you call your first shawl The Exonumist’s Shawl? Just curious. Looking forward to the pattern coming out.

17. The Ferrari is amazing! There are some awesome things people create with yarn, knit or crochet, and it all just makes me want to cry when thinking of how long it must take to do it.

And I love the expression on Lucy’s face. :)
    .-= Deinera´s last blog ..Things I want to bring home from the UK =-.

18. Poor Lucy!
    .-= janna´s last blog ..New stuff =-.

19. Muriel Correa says:

Ok, now knitting a Ferrari is just a huge undertaking…I don’t think I will ever have the desire to do that…no, I know I won’t!
    You’re right, those are beautiful baby blues.

20. The fact that it took the knitter only 10 months to knit that makes me feel bad about some of my WIPs that are much much smaller than that…
    .-= Tara´s last blog ..Regarding My Love Affair With a Design Notebook =-.

21. I’m sorry Lucy, but I did laugh out loud. Reminds me of my cats while looking out at something strange to them. Beautiful shawls Wendy.

22. I’m surprised she hung around long enough for you to get the picture. lol My Lexi would have been under a bed by the time I realized what was going on. lol That picture is priceless.

23. Lucy is such a pretty kitty!

24. Now that’s got to be the funniest photo of Lucy ever! I laughed out loud.

25. Love the Lucy pic…reminds me of my husband’s face the last time he got a look at my yarn stash.

26. Wow, look at those BIG blue eyes!!
    .-= –Deb´s last blog ..Review: Start Spinning The Video =-.

27. I just checked my stash stats. She could knit three (3!) Ferraris from my stash, although they would look a bit weird — worsted, sock yarn, a bit of laceweight, a bit of alpaca…

Does the color of Order to Chaos match Chaos’s eyes?
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..The knee update. And stuff. =-.

28. Lol! I love it when cat’s see the unexpected!

29. Theresa in Italy says:

What a wonderful photo of Lucy—she’s got the most gorgeous eyes!

30. Getting back to “normal” is always more difficult when you’ve been away having fun – even if it was just for a weekend, I find! Lucy looks like she’s thinking, “Oh Momma – they’re coming to get me!”
    .-= Cindy K´s last blog ..Knitted of Love =-.

31. Elizabeth Bragdon says:

I had to laugh out loud at the shot of Lucy, too. It was adorable. I’ve seen that look on my cat, Frodo’s, face many times too. Universal kitty “WHAT-THE…” expression. (I hate cats. Can’t stand any of ‘em.)

And your knitting is amazing, as always. I wish I could get so much done!

32. My newest fav Lucy pic.

33. I think the car is amazing, but I don’t get it. Why?
    .-= Marjorie Colletta´s last blog ..How to block knitting =-.

34. That’s a terrific picture of Lucy. I love how wide eyed her expression is!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..weekends in Quincy =-.

35. Just arrived at this blog and want to know one basic thing. How do you start knitting in the
    round? Novice knitter.

36. Dr. Jackie says:

Poor Lucy!

It says in the video it took 12 miles of yarn. Why anyone would use valuable knitting time for something like this escapes me though…

37. Lucy says, “MONSOON!”
    (even startled, she’s gorgeous)
    .-= Knitnana´s last blog ..Help a Fellow Knitter Who’s Also A Researcher!! =-.

38. Looking good on the shawl! LOVE the look on Lucy’s sweet face while looking at the power washer!!! Too cute for words!
    .-= Susan Mohr Krupke´s last blog ..Sixty one years ago today =-.

39. I had a Siamese named Moses that had beautiful baby blues just like
    Lucy’s. Only Mosie’s were crossed! They are the most beautiful shade of
    blue, like your shawl!
    .-= Elizabeth Payne´s last blog ..New Work! =-.