1. pour moi, designed by Lori Versaci, knit from Wollmeise Merino DK in the "Stella Polaris" colorway on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.
2. Outlander MKAL Shawl, designed by Rachel Rodin, knit from Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in the "Beauchamps" and "Fraser" colorways on a 3.75 mm (U.S. size 5) needle.

Coming Soon To a Theater Near You

Rated L for Lacy

Blob073009 240x184 Coming Soon To a Theater Near You

Will the Blob take over Wendy’s life?

Will it engulf Lucy?

Will Wendy finish knitting the body of the Blob this weekend?

Or will the Blob take on . . .  a life of its own??!!

Guzzling Diet Coke . . .

DaitCoke073009 240x180 Coming Soon To a Theater Near You

Devouring defenseless sheep . . .

Sheep073009 240x180 Coming Soon To a Theater Near You

Tune in Sunday for answers to these burning questions . . . and more.

Lucy Sez:

Lucy073009 240x210 Coming Soon To a Theater Near You

“It is official: Momma has lost it.”

Comments

1. I think you’re gonna have to rename this shawl and call it The Blob Shawl. Of course, folks might be adverse to buying shawl so named.
    .-= southparknitter (aka Timmie!)´s last blog ..On the go =-.

2. Now I know and understand why I bring coconuts to class. It puts you in a whole new light Wendy :-)
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Spinning – Intentions – Strength =-.

3. Frances says:

Bwahahahaha!!!

4. Lucy, I think you may be right. ;)
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Tux Redux =-.

5. I agree – no matter what you name this shawl, it will always be The Blob to me. That’s just too good.

6. LOL! You are so funny! I love the photos of the blob attacking the items on your desk. Thanks, I needed a laugh this afternoon. :-)
    .-= Cathy´s last blog ..Mystery sock update! =-.

7. Marion, on Long Island, NY says:

“It is official: Momma has lost it.”

Ah, but you have to say did Momma ever have it. Just joking! My bad boys Billy and Neil send hugs and kisses to Lucy.

8. linda-kay says:

Hum…………. does knitting circular shawls turn your brain to mush or what? It’s not the color is it? Hey Lucy- Gizmo sez, he’ll come save you if you want!

9. Wow, glad to see I’m not the only one who gets a little slap-happy with my knitting sometimes! LMAO! Noooo! Not the SHEEEEP!

10. Bethany says:

I could never really see the point of knitting circular shawls. I mean, in order to wear them, you have to fold them in half, and that lessens the impact of the lace design. I’d rather knit a semi-circle. Seems to me it’d show off the pattern better, and get done in half the time.

11. Hahaha. That is very funny. Love it! You’re a genius!

12. Gah! You made me LOL at work! :-D
    .-= Kate´s last blog ..Earning his keep =-.

13. Ahem. Very amusing. Let me call my friend, the psychiatrist! :)

14. THIS Lucy says, crazy is as crazy does………oh wait, that proves her point doesn’t it?!? LOL! Good Blob blog.
    .-= Ariel´s last blog ..Stone Vessel with ‘Priestly Inscription’ Uncovered In Jerusalem – Jewish World – Israel News – Israel National News =-.

15. I am confident Lucy will triumph over Lacy.

16. patricia says:

Thanks for the late afternoon laugh! quite clever. Can’t wait till Sunday.

17. I’m amused, but now you”ve “gone and done it”. You’ve embarrassed the cat! Shameful!
    .-= Barbara-Kay´s last blog ..A Finished Object Returns Home =-.

18. Looooved today’s post! ROFL!

19. Lucy’s supervisory duties over the weekend are likely to be VERY taxing! Can’t wait to tune in on Sunday!

20. Duck and cover Lucy. Duck and cover.

21. Quick, Wendy, knit a sock to restore your sanity–we all know that lace knitting has this affect on people!
    .-= Cindy ´s last blog ..Stucco Update =-.

22. rofl, Wendy your blog post today made my evening. Thank you, I was in desperate need of a laugh.

23. Just don’t let the Blob snatch up Lucy!
    .-= pdxknitterati´s last blog ..Tokyo wrap up =-.

24. Where did you get the sheep figure in socks?!? That’s adorable! Of course, not nearly as adorable as Lucy but cute. :)

25. I love love love Lucy’s face :)

26. Found it! Wool Pets at the Loopy Ewe! Gotta get one!!

27. We all need to keep a sense of humour.
    Gotta love it….

28. Linda from Kansas says:

This is scary … and intriguing. I will stay tuned to….The Blob!

29. LOL!
    .-= kmkat´s last blog ..The never-ending meme, now with pictures. =-.

30. Ahahahah that has to be one of the cutest posts ever!

31. Audrey!

32. Your cat is just way too cute! Love it!

33. Theresa in Italy says:

Hahaha, that’s inspired! I needed a good laugh, thank you! Poor Lucy. It’s hard to keep up with a funny momma.

34. You are totally hysterical!!! Love you! Thank you for brightening my mood! :)

35. Marvelously funny!
    .-= Petra´s last blog ..Marvelous Discovery =-.

36. Elizabeth Bragdon says:

I almost fell out of my chair. Especially the Diet Coke shot. Thanks!! XD

37. LOL – you’re so funny :-)

38. Lost it you say Lucy? Hmm, that would be quite normal in my house.
    .-= miss sandra´s last blog ..It’s Not Good Cat Weather =-.

39. Heather M says:

thank you for my first laugh of the day :) love the old posters btw.

40. Andrea H says:

Thanks for the laugh, it’s a great way to start the weekend

41. Funny!!! The blog likes diet coke too!

42. No worries Lucy. Your mama is just very silly is all and gives us a good laugh. Thanks Wendy – - have a good weekend.

43. It’s OK, Lucy. At least if your momma’s lost it, she has lost it in a fun way that doesn’t stop her from feeding or petting you!
    .-= Seanna Lea´s last blog ..scudding clouds and a wooly knit =-.

44. Crystal S says:

Love it!

PS Don’t worry Lucy, Momma hasn’t lost it any more than the rest of us….

45. ROFL!

46. Oh no, who will save us from the blob? Where is Wondercat? Save us, Wondercat!

47. Dear Lucy: Momma may have lost it, but at least she’s sharing the fun with the rest of us. (Beware the Blob, just in case!)

48. But she’s lost it in a really cute way! Fun post.

49. Wow…even blobs drink Diet Coke!

50. Megan S. says:

Ataaack of the killer green shawwwls….

51. anne marie in philly says:

you cracked yourself up putting this post together, didn’t you?

I thought so.

for the record, I don’t live too far away from where scenes for “the blob” were filmed way back in the 1950s…ooooh!

have a great weekend! ;-)

52. The diet coke consumption may have had something to do with the innocent lace shawl mutating into a man eating blob!
    .-= Sherry W´s last blog ..A review and a post =-.

53. Hahah! It’s Friday afternoon, and I’m about to have to head in to work … but this brought a smile to my face!
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..Something small … =-.

54. Wendy has gone craaaaa-zyyyyy ::laughing:: Just sayin. *grin*
    .-= mia´s last blog ..Lots of squash. =-.

55. lol, is it the heat? or just work boredom on a slow friday!? smile
    .-= turtle´s last blog ..Just Canning =-.

56. Too funny! Made me laugh out loud! But actually I have to say I just love the color!
    .-= Karen´s last blog ..Michigan Dreamtime =-.

57. lol
    .-= AnnF´s last blog ..Bean Identity Quandry =-.

58. Ha ha ha ha, that is one of the funniest post I have seen!
    .-= itsJUSTme-wendy´s last blog ..Kidless for the rest of the summer =-.