1. Mighty Mini, designed by Rachel Henry, knit from Socks That Rock Worthy in the "Tanzanite" and "The Green That Sings" colorways on a 3.0 mm needle.

Random Stuff

So, yeah. In case you did not notice, the very first comment to yesterday’s post contained the name of a movie that has Rhode Island in the title.

Michelle was the first to offer up Getting Out of Rhode Island, so she has won 5 WendyKnits patterns.

But there’s still plenty of time to enter a name in yesterday’s comments — you have til Thursday at 4:00 pm Eastern time to offer up a movie with the name of a state in its title and be entered in the drawing for the WendyKnits pattern of your choice.

I did a fair amount of work on Sandvik yesterday. And because Johanne asked me nicely, I am posting a close-up picture here.

shawl081709 240x185 Random Stuff

I’m still hoping to have this baby done by the end of the week.

Here is something I discovered over the weekend:

Dove081709 240x213 Random Stuff

Dove Milk Chocolate with Peanut Butter. Like little nuggets of heaven.

Something else yummy:

blueberries081709 240x160 Random Stuff

Blueberries! Given to me today by a friend at work. Picked in West Virginia this past weekend.

Lucy could not be reached for comment because she was busy napping.

Lucy081709 240x160 Random Stuff

Comments

1. It’s good to know Lucy has a job that keeps her occupied and out of mischief :D
    .-= Leslie´s last blog ..Spell Check Can Be Your Friend =-.

2. Yum–fresh blueberries. A friend brought me 25 lbs from Michigan a couple of weeks ago. I gave some away, made 5 dozen muffins, 2 fresh bb pies (my fav) and froze the rest. Now I’m actually contemplating buying some more to make another pie or two…lol.

3. Cindy Rego says:

Hi Wendy,

Do you have any sock patterns for men?

Thanks!

Cindy

4. I can’t let the odd sayings go… it’s enough to make a cat laugh.

5. Sandvik looks terrific!!! And those blueberries…..

6. NewJerseyLaura says:

Love pink color for Sandvik :)

7. Escape from New York

8. California Suite, Mr. Smith goes to Washington

9. anne marie in philly says:

I purchased some joisey (pronounced joy-zee, for all y’all not in philly) blueberries this past weekend and made a blueberry cake. pure and simple, just blob some real whipped cream on top for a not-too-sweet treat! AND anti-oxidants too; what’s not to love?!?

dove got chocolate in the peanut butter…or is it peanut butter in the chocolate? my nugget of heaven has either a creamy mint center or a liquid caramel center.

10. Those Doves look divine!!! Yummy.

11. Movies with states in their title:

Raising Arizona
    Truth or Consequences New Mexico
    Mississippi Burning
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    My Own Private Idaho
    Escape from New York
    Gangs of New York
    Oklahoma
    .-= Tammy´s last blog ..Honeychurch progress =-.

12. I am so not a chocolate lover (my absolute to die for is See’s chocolate covered caramels)…..but two more suggestions: Bliss Raspberry bites and Ghirardelli’s peanut butter candy bar – chunky peanut butter!

Another way to enjoy blueberries – besides on your cereal which i show I love them – or mixed into your yogurt – is to freeze them and then eat them – nice and crunchy!
    .-= danielle´s last blog ..Goodbye Philadelphia Eagles! =-.

13. MMMmmmm, byoooberries! I just ordered 60 lb at a local farm to put in the freezer for winter. Blueberries and yogurt, the breakfast of champions!
    .-= Hissy Stitch´s last blog ..Welcome, Sasha! =-.

14. Dancer, Texas Pop. 81

Also? I’m a new reader, and though I came for the knitting, I’m loving how every post ends with Lucy. The internet is for pictures of pets. =)
    .-= Sherry´s last blog ..3 socks, 20 days. Eep! =-.

15. Raising Arizona

16. The Texas Chainsaw Masacare
    Oklahoma
    Raising Arizona

17. More Movies……….

Missouri Breaks
    Montana Sky
    Abe Lincoln in Illinois

18. My favorite movie “Indiana Jones”..and we use to live there!!! Whoo hooo
    those blueberries look delicious..enjoy

19. Oklahoma!
    Love your patterns, too.
    Myriam :-)

20. Is that a small slip of yarn I see clutched in Lucys little paw??? A security blanket perhaps???

21. Oklahoma, Mississippi Burning, Raising Arizonia. Love those
    blueberries in my muffins every morning.

22. “Raising Arizona”. I presume only one movie title is needed? And yes, Sandvik is a gorgeous color!

23. Olivia Counts says:

Movie : The Missouri Breaks & The Redhead from Wyoming.

24. Mmmm… blueberries! West Michigan has tons of blueberry farms and we are enjoying the bounty here also! One of my favorite desserts is fresh blueberries topped with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of brown sugar on the dollop of sour cream. Heaven!

25. I know you mentioned Blue Hawaii, but did you remember Hawaii with Julie Andrews.
    Other Movies:
    North to Alaska
    Nevada Smith

26. Lucy is resting up for shawl blocking.

I did not need to know about the chocolate peanut butter Dove nuggets, thank you very much!

yummy blueberries~!
    .-= Michele In Maine´s last blog ..Black Circles Accessory Case =-.

27. I love your socks. The song ” Beautiful Ohio”

28. Yummy, blue berries–reminds me that I must go picking them this week.
    Mississippi Burning is a movie plus Raising Arizona etc.
    &&&-Wake up little Lucy-wake up !!! speaking of music —tee hee

29. I love that pink color! So bright and luscious. If only I could wear such shades!

30. Songs with states: California, here I come, New York, New York, Across the wide
    Missouri, Oklahoma, Raising Arizona,Mr. Smith goes to Washington.

31. Kansas (1988), with Matt Dillon, Andrew McCarthy, and Kyra Sedgewick as a “prostitute drifter”.

32. Sarah Warburton says:

The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Mystery, Alaska
    The Man from Colorado (“Colorado wasn’t big enough for the two of them…when a woman came between them!”)
    Christmas in Connecticut & A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court
    My Own Private Idaho

I think Vermont, Delaware, and Arkansas in particular haven’t haven done very well in movie titles.

33. Sweet Home Alabama
    Raising Arizona

34. mwknitter says:

those blueberies make my mouth water – my older daughter went to camp in Michigan as a young teen & we always bought tons of fresh berries at roadside stands when taking her & picking her up. raspberries & blueberries – less than half the price charged in stores & so fresh & yummy. I also used to make freezer jam which IMHO is much tastier than cooked jam. DD’s camp group would go berry picking & come back to camp with blue hands & faces!

35. Ohhh! I discovered those Dove peanutbutter chocolates a couple of months ago and they are yummy!!! I love fresh blueberries also. What a nice treat from your friend!!

36. Movies with states’ names:
    Louisiana Story (1948)
    Green Grass of Wyoming (1948)
    Oregon Trail (1945)

37. OOOOOOHHHHHH!! Dove chocolates and blueberries…my absolute favorite candy and fruit all in one blog!!! You are a woman after my own tummy!! LOL